Author Topic: My 15 minutes  (Read 682 times)

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
My 15 minutes
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2004, 08:35:59 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
There are good mercs and there are bad mercs, just as there are good soldiers and bad soldiers. It all depeds on who and what you fight for and how you fight. If anything a mercenary has more of a choise in choosing what/who to fight for than most soldiers ... but with that freedom comes more responsibility for your actions.

The term "mercenary" may carry a stigma now, but that is only because most people don't know the meaning of the term. Most people think of hired guns in Africa or South America while the truth is that most mercs work in completely legitimate security jobs in various hotspots around the world.

I considered becomming a merc 9 years ago, but considering my military background and the additional training required I chose not to pursue it. (At that time the Saudi pipe guard jobs looked very interresting to me).

In a perfect world we wouldn't need mercs. It's not a perfect world.

the big difference that i see is this. the oil security jobs the employer is the kingdom or the oil company. dyncorp and other company only hire for jobs that are created by us govt needs and almost always only hire americans. if youre guarding a pipe the authority backing you is the oil company or maybe the kingdom. if youre part of a psd in iraq you are working for the us state dept. your clearance is thru state dept. if you are an american hired by american company hired by american govt i see you as employee of us govt. like i said before most of these guys would not being doing these jobs if it wasnt the us govt they were working for.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
My 15 minutes
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2004, 08:57:51 PM »
You can be a Merc with very little military training, as long as you have some kind of speciality. I was recruited for a pilot job in DRCongo, they were looking for a French speacking pilot with military background of any sort, willing to operate from dirtstrips, sleep in the plane and get shot at from time to time. $4k per month.
That was 3 years ago, but the operation was canceled.

Here is the latest I received from climbto350.com, I bet it's the same "concept":

C208 Caravan pilots needed for an African operation. Remote compound living. 2000h TT, Prior military exp prefered. Must be available by August 1st... contact xxx overnight mail
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
My 15 minutes
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2004, 09:23:33 PM »
I was recruited for a pilot job in DRCongo

Smart move.  Generally it's best to avoid any country with 'Democratic Republic' in it's name.  'People's Republic' is even worse.

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
My 15 minutes
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2004, 09:28:11 PM »
Anonymous...

Thanks for being part of what I call the thin blue line. My time has come and gone lol. The reason I say thin blue line is because what we are up against now far far out numbers our military,all law inforcement,and groups like yours.

I heard a very respected and learned moslem historian who is a moslem himself on the radio yesterday.He had access to, I guess everyone in the middle east. He said 70 percent of all moslems are radical and are taught from a young age to be terrorist,Man and woman and child. I am sure you understand how many that is that want us dead.

He said their real enemy is isreal and america.He quoted some songs that the kids learn, they were awful. Dont worry to much about some of the things that have and will be said by the left here...sadly someday they will learn ww3 has started. Remember the few have always fought for the many,just this time we are up against more than a billion and a half people.

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
My 15 minutes
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2004, 10:37:31 PM »
Originally posted by demaw1
Anonymous...

Thanks for being part of what I call the thin blue line. My time has come and gone lol. The reason I say thin blue line is because what we are up against now far far out numbers our military,all law inforcement,and groups like yours.

I heard a very respected and learned moslem historian who is a moslem himself on the radio yesterday.He had access to, I guess everyone in the middle east. He said 70 percent of all moslems are radical and are taught from a young age to be terrorist,Man and woman and child. I am sure you understand how many that is that want us dead.

He said their real enemy is isreal and america.He quoted some songs that the kids learn, they were awful. Dont worry to much about some of the things that have and will be said by the left here...sadly someday they will learn ww3 has started. Remember the few have always fought for the many,just this time we are up against more than a billion and a half people.

i dont buy the seventy percent. and the more muslim or arab that gets first hand experience with western world the less the "great satan" propoganda bs will hold with the young crazy stupid ones. many times young captured afghani or iraqi "punk" very shocked when they dont get their throat cut by coalition. also these guys are shocked when older iraqi soldier tell them iraqi to iraqi that everything the holy man from iran has been telling them is bs. people get comfortable get a family they have a real life not as easy for them to be dragged into being insurgent for bs cause. and also almost everyone more emotional when they young especially guys. if i was fourteen and my church leader told me occupying forces were raping women where i lived would be very easy to pick up the rifle. when youre young you trust your elders. sad part is when elders abuse this trust.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
My 15 minutes
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2004, 11:08:09 PM »
RE the Seals all failing on my pals course:  Annon is absolutely correct, don't assume that the teams guys aren't as capable as the x-army Tier1 guys, it comes down to how long they had been out of the service and not training (in my pals case at TC, all of the seals including the x training O from Team 6 had been retired for a quite a bit of time, at this stage of the game, most of the younger and guys still training are already working...plus pistol shooting is what busted most of them, and frankly, well, it's a pistol, not a carbine, but that 's what they seem to be down to as far as the weeding out process for what they are looking for).  Also TC is owned and operated by some x-Delta guys, who understandably are more..pro army then navy (my pals observation during selection).

Hey annon, I'm considering a training course or two at BW to see how things are done there, are you still working there?  If you're ever up here in this neck of the woods (Calgary, Alberta, Canada), look me up (below URL's).

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
My 15 minutes
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2004, 11:23:21 PM »
Anonymous.....

If you go to Dennis Prager.com you will i believe be able to hear the interview. I was working and heard pieces of it and am planning to hear it tomarrow if I can. I would really be interested in your opionion  of it , if you do.

I think the guy was a leader in one of the terrorist groups,like I said I will listen tomarrow.