Author Topic: Fester how do i.....  (Read 1050 times)

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Fester how do i.....
« on: August 30, 2004, 09:15:12 AM »
fix this i kinda want to make this nose art bigger but that layer is in the way iv tryed deleting it and puting it over then nose art layer on the template but its doesnt work any way i can make it show up other then chopin it up and put it on the nose art layer?

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Fester how do i.....
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 09:41:50 AM »
Have you tried making the artwork mask that goes there totally black? You know the whatever_a file.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Fester how do i.....
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 10:08:46 AM »
yea iv tryed that and puting the Fill and Opacity on that layer all the way down to 1% it still has that spot on it. Cobra412 how did u get urs to show up like it does?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Fester how do i.....
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 11:15:02 AM »
In the "p40esd.bmp" file select the rattlesnake noseart, the "Arizona", and all the green just around those parts. Okay?

Now, USING that selection, BLACK OUT the area you have just selected. Then WHITE OUT all the rest. Then make it an indexed bitmap and save it as "p40esd_a.bmp" and it should work.

Edit: OPTION 2:

Select the area like I said, then fill it in with a bright purple (or any unique color that you will NEVER USE anywhere else on this bitmap). Index the file, save it as normal "p40esd.bmp". Find the index of that bright purple and memorize/write it down.

Create a .txt file called "p40esd_a.txt". Open the file. Type the number that you memorized/wrote down. No hard return. No quotes. No nothing. Just the number, and save/close the file. That should work as well.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 11:17:51 AM by Krusty »

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Fester how do i.....
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 11:29:18 AM »

convert this to a bmp greyscale or use it as a template and make a new bmp file in photoshop.

this is the area needing to be alpha mapped in black

or option 2 is the purple and txt file. im not sure which one is more efficient for low end pc's but either will work
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 11:34:17 AM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Fester how do i.....
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 11:34:24 AM »
I used the purple/text file for my 109E and it worked well (saves storage space, at least, 1 less BMP to load)

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Fester how do i.....
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 06:22:53 PM »
True kill it's just like Fester has said.  You just need to select that area that does the mirroring and make it an alpha channel.  Use an off color that won't be used on your skin.  Make a text file with the same name as your main bmp file and add _a at the end.  

You'll need to get your index color number and place it in that text file.  Be sure to get the index number after you have saved it to a index file first.  On Adobe you just have to click your info tab then run your mouse over that colored area.  You'll see a spot on the Info tab that says idx.  When your over that alpha color it will generate a number next to idx.  This is the number you need in the _a text file.

TrueKill I can send you a copy of my bmp file. It'll show you what I did to get rid of that.  Actually I'll just post the whole skin on AH2 Skins Department.  Grab it and you'll see what I've done.  It's not finished though.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 06:25:59 PM by Cobra412 »

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Fester how do i.....
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2004, 06:24:34 PM »
BTW anyone else notice the error with the landing gears?  Even when you have them down they show as if they are up.  Makes it hard to do the gear well correctly.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Fester how do i.....
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2004, 06:54:46 PM »
yeah but its inconsiquential. that stuff is never gonna get seen in anything but a screenshot.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Fester how do i.....
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2004, 06:57:59 PM »
Very true Fester.  Just seems like I'm not finishing it by not completeing that area is all.  Then again the job I did on the belly isn't the greatest.  Not sure if I like it much.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Fester how do i.....
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2004, 01:26:23 AM »
cobra u think u can tell me how to do this step by step i did what u said but i dont know that much bout photoshop and i messed up it

You'll need to get your index color number and place it in that text file. Be sure to get the index number after you have saved it to a index file first. On Adobe you just have to click your info tab then run your mouse over that colored area. You'll see a spot on the Info tab that says idx. When your over that alpha color it will generate a number next to idx.

i did this and i didnt see any idx there btw im useing photoshop7
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 05:49:08 AM by TrueKill »

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Fester how do i.....
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2004, 05:48:42 AM »
nevermind guys i got it workin thanks alot for the help <>