Author Topic: Any old Air Warriors out there?????  (Read 145872 times)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Any old Air Warriors out there?????
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2004, 10:58:09 PM »
Originally posted by yoyo_boy
I still have some +Dead+ P38 films, heh.

I've made quite a few new films in AH and AH2.  :)

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2004, 11:07:15 PM »
CPID MAHEM and MAHYM AW Geni Delphi AOL GAMESTORM AW2 Bigweek beta. AW3 beta Gamestorm. AWMV EA.Com WAS a Game Op for aw Classic on gamestorm and a Gameop and CM for AW3 on Gamestorm. Never really got big into AW untill AOL went unlimited (couldn't afford it before that)

Was in 33rd Strike Group and A.C.C.S. on Air Warrior(s)
moved to AH beta with 33rd when 33rd Died I Joined The Damned
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 07:36:33 PM by Mayhem »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2004, 11:40:37 PM »
Originally posted by xHaMmeRx
+HMR+ on AW Classic on AOL, AWII, AWIII. Have been flying for the =GHOSTS= the entire time. We were the + guys

You might have been the ++ guys but the Nomads got there a bit earlier as the +Guys :)

Dan/Slack
+Tiff
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2004, 11:42:19 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
You might have been the ++ guys but the Nomads got there a bit earlier as the +Guys :)

Dan/Slack
+Tiff

+TIFF! Long time no see! you still doing hystorical research if you are I got one I can email you some time
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2004, 11:43:29 PM »
Played AW as J_A_B.  AW is still my favorite video game of any kind.

Played AH as a variety of handles.  Not currently active but may return in the future.  

J_A_B

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2004, 11:55:57 PM »
Heya OD  good to see you

< ROC >  :)
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2004, 01:53:22 AM »
WOW, ->OD?

I can't believe I missed this post originally.

I was ->SUN in the (/\)idow (\/)akers

Man, even though I came into the squad at about it's midpoint, I will never forget you guys. The most fun I have ever had in a game was in AW flying with the WM's

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2004, 06:47:59 AM »
-->Slo in WM...

and Slohd...

now in WW2 pounding the pavement(cause the planes just absolutly suck)...

Hiya OD

Offline TheflyingElk

• Copper Member
We were there
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2004, 07:32:01 AM »
Well if memory serves fist squad was 120 th ZZ man ZZ-3 was a dork, then joined Serial Killaz with ACYR He  is still here from time to time my last squad assignment was with 6dan and Ramjet in the Tiger squadron, we were AZ in RR arena some of us came here. others went to WWII online. :cool:
You dragged the dead horse into the yard and handed out the bats, sir.

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2004, 09:12:24 AM »
Lessee...

Rippp
Stark(neeked)
<-JG2
L3
Lizrd

Flew with Gunfighters or Gunslingers for a few weeks.
CO'd JG2 for a while and ended with the DoverDawgs.

I remember fightn Coors and Yoyo allot back in AW4W.

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2004, 03:10:01 PM »
I remember the ZZs, I even remember changing my ID and cpid to confuse them into thinking I was their leader.

It only worked for about 5 mins.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2004, 03:32:26 PM »
Flew in AW rr as DrDea with 4th ACW as cz, */IRONMEN\* with Dburt as AZ    In the BOP's Experten' with Bazi and +Fang as BZ and then AH in the Flying circus with same
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2004, 04:50:34 PM »
I remember Lzrd...I dont think its the same Lzrd as posted before this. I'd goto the dueling arena, or whatever arena it was called back then and he'd come in and fight. I'd beat him pretty bad, and finally he asked wth I was doing. So after so time showing him he got better. Eventually he got as good as me, and a KOTH tournement of champions we were in, it came down to me and him. I won, but by the skin of my teeth..it was that close.

When I started AW back in 1996, it was on AOL, and had just gone from pay per hour to a subscription. Then it went to Gamestorm. I started out flying with IKO and AgentRX(Jag15) in the Knightz of Khaos as PutzX. Then we flew for JG26 under a guy named Jag26. After a while me and a local friend who originally turned me onto AW, formed >RATTLESDEN< Heavy Bomber Group. We had a blast.  We were really into getting a bunch of buffers together. The Nighthawks under WILD, with guys like JSO,and Gunahurl were great to fly with.

When AW3 came out we decided to fly Full Realism arena. For the longest time thru AW and AW2 the FR arena was manned by few people, and I was always intimidated by the name of the arena, thinking it would be too hard. But after a bunch of us, me, Vette, and Jag23 tried our first low level B25 raid of a CV we were hooked. Eventually all the others in the squad came over, followed by alot of others on all sides.

>GDI< (Ralph) was a great guy. He passed away a few years back. Gman (Gman52nd in here) flew together alot. We had a lot of great guys in the squad. Wezmn, Ditch, so many I cant remember them all. We would often hold joint ops night with other Bz squads like the Nighthawks and Nightmares, the 52nd, JG27, the CAF, and many others.

I eventually started flying fighters more than bombing. Hlbilly who was a Cz, got me learning slow controlled flight by weaving thru structures at an empty base, full flapped and barely moving to get the feel for it. Then deadh or +dead, cant quite remember the one, taught me alot about merging. After that it was just practice and I got quite good at it. Some of my favorite opponents were XooX(bandit..or bandito :), 9bals,kappa,TC in his 51,Drano in his 109 and Cuzco (who hated to lose when I beat him) although when fighting any of the it was anyone's match.

I played in alot of events in AW, Longbow being my first, in culero's spec op A26 flight, and Cartwheel my last as a F6F Group leader. They were alot of fun. Countless hours involved in them. At the end of my AW run, I played Stick's KOTH competitions alot. I managed to win 3 titles, and got a shot at the KOTH Tourny of Champions(which I won..barely see above :) and won CH products stick,pedals and throttle. I just took them out of the box this year to play AH2. Wow...they were dusty!

Other than hemmoroids, and higher blood pressure, the most I got out of AW were the friends Ive met, and many I still see in here. I hope to play many more years with all of ya!

~AoM~

Offline Dlord

• Zinc Member
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2004, 04:57:59 PM »
I was in AW also, same handle, flew for Cz. I gunned ^666^'s battle buff if any of you remember him. As for Ruaml, he was in my squad up until he quit. I think he just got tired of playing although towards the end he did have another account so he could still be flyin with a different name.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2004, 05:13:59 PM »
Yup........cz ruled.......it was all part of the great cz conspiracy.........

We made the bz crazy with envy and poisened the az gene pool with infected sheep..........

the cods wept with laughter and blessed their favoured sons (and daughters)........:p
Ludere Vincere