Author Topic: Panel Lines and Rivits  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Nomde

• Nickel Member
      • Web Master
Panel Lines and Rivits
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2004, 10:12:06 PM »
I do the same with paint chips on the leading edge, but then i'll take it a step further. Using the Wind distortion and or the motion blur, i'll stretch out the scratch opposite the direction of forward motion.
With panel edges, i'll mask out a corner and touch it a few times with a low density spray. After which i'll use the soften option to blend it in better to the surrounding area while making sure to keep a crisp edge on the panel line.

Nomde
56th Fighter Group "Zemke's Wolfpack"
nomde@56fg.net

Offline glenmorangie

• Copper Member
Panel Lines and Rivits
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2004, 07:49:58 AM »
Nopoop,

Start with one of the 'silver' colors.  Paint with a pencil 1 pixel.  Randomly paint patches along the panel edges.

Then use the blur tool at about 10% to cut the really sharp edges.

Last, ( of course you have your paint chips on a separate layer, don't you? ), set the transparency of the chip layer until you like it.

An airbrush on dissolve at about 10% can be used for large areas of wear, such as the wing root.

I also use a color slightly darker and one slightly lighter than the base colors for panel lines, then vary the transparency of that layer.

I'm not perfect at it yet, but it seems a good start.  Take a look at the brown Yak in the Skins in Progress thread.