Author Topic: CT needs more pilots...  (Read 4250 times)

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2004, 10:47:10 AM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
So what you are saying is that when you are logged into the CT all players must stop what they are doing and come find you in a fighter? We hear the same thing over and over again. If all you MA guys would come into the CT at the same time, the numbers would be high. There are many MAers who say they check numbers then leave. Well, if the 50 players would all come in a stay for a while, there would be 50 players. If all 50 player just look and leave, then there are no players. Duh!

Come in on Thursday nights at 10pm eastern time. Someone has to LEAD the way. Most MAers dont wont to lead, they just want to follow. Be a leader, log into the CT and stay for a while. If everyone did this, sooner or later the CT would always be active.

Where did I say that they should stop what they are doing? Stop trying to put words in my mouth. I never understood the logic of avoiding a fight. I am experimenting so that I can talk my squad into coming to the CT atleast on Thursday but listening to you and your MAer this MAer that is quite annoying. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN GAME PLAY BETWEEN THE CT AND MA. JUST THE SETTINGS ARE DIFFERENT AND THE NUMBERS. Oh wait I didnt get vulched last night in the CT thats different also.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2004, 10:53:53 AM »
Originally posted by Shane
The extensive DAR coverage on this map is due to it being the BoB scenario map with greatly enhanced field radar radii.  Open your map, right click and lcik on radar and look at the mess of overlapping and large radar coverages.

The distance base radar functions is entirely an arena setting. the CT staff(er) running this can reduce it back to "MA norms" which is about 10 miles. Why the current settings were left I cannot presume to know the motives of the CT staffer responsible.

The base radar is something we are wanting to check on as a group to see a few of things.

#1 Does it enhance gameplay in a sparesly populated arena?

#2 Does it cause players to congregate within a limited area and not utilize the whole map?

#3 For me does having increased radar coverage give players the opportunity to find fights easier?

For #3 I don't think it helps or hurts but some people like the guy starting this thread I think if he used the resources as suggested he would find the fights easy without the increased radar.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2004, 11:23:16 AM »
I'm guessing (witout names) that it was probably some casual MAer's who popped in to the CT looking for more action that could be found in the MA.

Your guess would be correct.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2004, 12:00:04 PM »
Originally posted by Reschke
The base radar is something we are wanting to check on as a group to see a few of things.

#1 Does it enhance gameplay in a sparesly populated arena?

it does enhance it.  it's just that on the current map the range settings for radar are set 2 or 3 times as far out as MA radar.

that's jasta's double edged point.  he felt that while radar coverage was too "overboard" compared to MA ranges, he does appreciate the fact that the increased range (over CT "norms") is helpful.

personally i'd set the radar at MA norms, not special scenario settings.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2004, 12:04:21 PM »
^
What shane said is correct. It help me find the milk runners and others was fun fights also.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2004, 12:19:49 PM »
Originally posted by jamusta
Where did I say that they should stop what they are doing? Stop trying to put words in my mouth. I never understood the logic of avoiding a fight. I am experimenting so that I can talk my squad into coming to the CT atleast on Thursday but listening to you and your MAer this MAer that is quite annoying. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN GAME PLAY BETWEEN THE CT AND MA. JUST THE SETTINGS ARE DIFFERENT AND THE NUMBERS. Oh wait I didnt get vulched last night in the CT thats different also.

Why would someone log into the CT and "avoid" a fight? The whole point is to remove the CT from the MA atmosphere. "We" dont want MA settings AT ALL. If I wanted MA settings, I would go to the MA. Stop LOOKING for a fight and go CREATE one! I asure you that if you departa field as a squadron, and head toward an enemy base, you will be met by an opposing force (with or without radar). Come into the CT alone during non peak hors and you will have to hunt a fight. The best way to find a fight is to go fly to a base at low altitude. Someone will come up to meet you. Come in at 20k and you will more than likely remain alone. Look at the raday settings and understand them. Learn how it works and get use to how the CT is played.  You want COMBAT, create it for yourself.

These guys are not happy unless they can kill something every sortie. If this is the case, Thursday night might even bore you. Sometimes it can take us 1 1/2 hours to fly one sortie. Sometimes we never pull the trigger. Guys need to stop comming into the CT and wanting things "handed" to them. Go into the CT and think, use your brain, find a fight, create a fight. Look at what info is there and lerarn what is going on. Bring you squad into the CT but dont come in to join the CT. COme in anf create your fights. Dont try to follow other squads. Be creative. PLan a mission for your squad to try and sneak in and attack a field without fighters comming up to meet you. NOt to try and capture but to try to trick, out think, pull off a great sortie. You dont always have to shoot at another aircraft to have fun. The CT AS OF NOW is no different than the MA but yet you try to bring in the MA settings and mentality. Keep the CT separate, different settings different atmosphere, different stratagies other than shoot and be shot!

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2004, 12:33:16 PM »
I usually fly over Hawk's field and drop a bag of steaming dog poop on the tower porch, that always gets a fight started. :)

On a serious note, I prefer the limited Dar settings and foggy sky, but it is not a deal breaker for me. If we get more victim.....err....participant s from the MA by setting Dar the same as the MA thats just fine with me. I would much rather have 80 people flying the CT with MA Dar settings than 8 with limited settings.

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2004, 12:55:16 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
The CT is to be different than the MA in other than just historic plane match ups. If you want to fight "like" planes, go to the MA.
If you want to use your brain for something other than a hat rack, fly the CT.

It just might be the elitist attitude & comments of some of the few people that populate the  CT that keeps others from even wanting to give it a whirl.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2004, 01:13:36 PM »
It just might be the elitist attitude & comments of some of the few people that populate the CT that keeps others from even wanting to give it a whirl.

What makes you think its an "elitist attitude"? Because some prefer the CT to MA ? Granted some in the CT look down on the MA but most dont and do fly the MA. I find it hard to belive anyone coming from the MA would be put off by things said on the text buffer.

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2004, 01:26:40 PM »
Not referring to text buffer...referring to comments on bbs. Elitist might be wrong word...ignorant might work better.

Edit:...I should give it a try to form better opinion though, it has been while since visited CT. Mainly trying to say, my few who make duragatory comments or infer CT flyers are better in any manner...might just turn people away.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 01:29:26 PM by BigGun »

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2004, 01:41:00 PM »
I can only speak for myself on this. In the CT you do a lot more one on one fighting and it forces you to improve your ACM. When I go to the MA those skills are more evident if you go strictly by the stats. My kill ratio and kills per sortie are much higher in the MA then they are in the CT. There are some great  sticks in the MA, but a lot of MA pilots don't do a lot of one on one fighting.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2004, 03:24:28 PM »
Edit:...I should give it a try to form better opinion though, it has been while since visited CT. Mainly trying to say, my few who make duragatory comments or infer CT flyers are better in any manner...might just turn people away.

Ive seen more than one post of someone coming in to the CT,have a bad experience and write it off. I can imagine walking into one of the blood feuds between some of the "regulars" and not wanting anything to do with. Come by on a thursday night to get a better view of the CT. Dont let one person having a bad night run you off.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2004, 03:54:19 PM »
Heck, I've been on when two guys on the same side (Allied or Axis) are at each other's throats. :)

Just ignore them and kill something, thats what I do.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2004, 03:58:46 PM »
Originally posted by BigGun
It just might be the elitist attitude & comments of some of the few people that populate the  CT that keeps others from even wanting to give it a whirl.

If it keeps out the MA settings, so be it STAY OUT!

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2004, 04:01:15 PM »
Originally posted by Bear76
I can only speak for myself on this. In the CT you do a lot more one on one fighting and it forces you to improve your ACM. When I go to the MA those skills are more evident if you go strictly by the stats. My kill ratio and kills per sortie are much higher in the MA then they are in the CT. There are some great  sticks in the MA, but a lot of MA pilots don't do a lot of one on one fighting.

Bear's comment has merit.  The reason, basicly low numbers. Start bringing in higher numbers...hmmmmmmm!

It would be nice to see the CT grow but to grow into another MA?!!