Author Topic: CT needs more pilots...  (Read 4276 times)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2004, 04:56:35 PM »
Originally posted by CurtissP-6EHawk
If it keeps out the MA settings, so be it STAY OUT!

I think it is safe to say that the majority of the CT regulars dont share this attitude.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2004, 06:24:38 PM »

CurtissP-6EHawk  why be selective cut & paste when quoting, he replyed right after this and said he was gonna check the arena out more......

and he was not refering to the settings but to attitudes like the one you are showing here, as to why the CT might have low numbers.........

some of the full time regular CT flyers act as if HT made this arena for them and them alone, and to hell with everyone else...........then you complain when noone wants to come fly CT........

why not try to be civil and everyone work calmly toward a better plan

instead of slamming everything the infrequent CT flyers have to comment on
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

storch

CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2004, 06:41:20 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
I think it is safe to say that the majority of the CT regulars dont share this attitude.

I concur

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2004, 07:12:10 PM »
VoteBug!:aok

I am the light out of this latrine.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline memnon

• Copper Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2004, 07:34:30 PM »
#1 Number balance
The biggest load of crap in the CT.  Those of you who switch sides to balance the numbers how many YEARS have you been here. EX: 12 Allies V 3 Axies Total combined years of experience of the Allies (depending on who might be flying on the Allies side for the moment) maybe 3 or 4 years give or take. Total combined years of experience of the Axies 12 or 15 give or take. Now don't give me that Allies have ubber this and ubber that crap because i have seen some of you take an inferior plane and fly it like a high performance jet.

#2 Attitude
Self absorbed (I pay my fifteen bucks i can do whatever I want)
You are so right you can and you do and because of that attitude the CT will never gain anymore numbers. EX: A suggestion was made to have CT Ambassadors (Great idea by the way) and so i set out to try and help the new face's. I helped a few and was ignored by a few and i also watched to see if anyone else would help the new face's but what i say was just so typical of the CT mentallity. I saw countless people enter the CT sit in the tower, or takeoff fly over to the fight be blown away and then be ridiculed by the one who just shot them down that they suck. Shortly there after that person would leave and never come back.
:aok That certainly is the way to get people into the CT.

#3 Help and Training
"What are you crazy i come in here to furball,gang bang,pork,vulch, and milk run i don't have time to talk to someone who is new and might be a potential CT regular".
I know that it is not always possible to teach to take someone aside at there very moment and teach them to be an ACE in one hour but time could be scheduled to explain to that person the basic's at first then move on from there. The CT is entirely different from the MA or at least it was. Those difference's are what need to be explained to new face's along with ACM and tactics.

#4 Base Captures
"Beat the dead horse some more"
This ties in with #1 as far as experience. Some of you are pin point marksman with bombs and manned ack and even fighters. Why should i even try to explain to you people it's going to go in one ear and out the other.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2004, 07:43:40 PM »
well, you see... if more people fly in the CT, hawk will have less places to run, altho' conversely he'll have more targets for his field gun.

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2004, 07:49:01 PM »
CT Ambassadors is a good idea, but it has yet to be put into practice officially and won't be till you........

VoteBug!:aok
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

storch

CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2004, 08:16:52 PM »
Originally posted by memnon
#1 Number balance
The biggest load of crap in the CT.  Those of you who switch sides to balance the numbers how many YEARS have you been here. EX: 12 Allies V 3 Axies Total combined years of experience of the Allies (depending on who might be flying on the Allies side for the moment) maybe 3 or 4 years give or take. Total combined years of experience of the Axies 12 or 15 give or take. Now don't give me that Allies have ubber this and ubber that crap because i have seen some of you take an inferior plane and fly it like a high performance jet.

#2 Attitude
Self absorbed (I pay my fifteen bucks i can do whatever I want)
You are so right you can and you do and because of that attitude the CT will never gain anymore numbers. EX: A suggestion was made to have CT Ambassadors (Great idea by the way) and so i set out to try and help the new face's. I helped a few and was ignored by a few and i also watched to see if anyone else would help the new face's but what i say was just so typical of the CT mentallity. I saw countless people enter the CT sit in the tower, or takeoff fly over to the fight be blown away and then be ridiculed by the one who just shot them down that they suck. Shortly there after that person would leave and never come back.
:aok That certainly is the way to get people into the CT.

#3 Help and Training
"What are you crazy i come in here to furball,gang bang,pork,vulch, and milk run i don't have time to talk to someone who is new and might be a potential CT regular".
I know that it is not always possible to teach to take someone aside at there very moment and teach them to be an ACE in one hour but time could be scheduled to explain to that person the basic's at first then move on from there. The CT is entirely different from the MA or at least it was. Those difference's are what need to be explained to new face's along with ACM and tactics.

#4 Base Captures
"Beat the dead horse some more"
This ties in with #1 as far as experience. Some of you are pin point marksman with bombs and manned ack and even fighters. Why should i even try to explain to you people it's going to go in one ear and out the other.
Memnon it's not our fault you got in the wrong squad :D

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2004, 08:19:01 PM »
some of the full time regular CT flyers act as if HT made this arena for them and them alone, and to hell with everyone else...........then you complain when noone wants to come fly CT........

How many people have you encountered in the CT that told you "hit the bricks, you're not wanted"?

I have seen on more the one occasion some one come into the CT and start to bash "regulars"  or the plane set for no apparent reason. The response usually is " the MA is that way---->"  Im not saying it didnt happen which Im sure it did. But I want to know if it was one time or a dozen.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2004, 11:11:03 PM »
TC wrote:

Slash27 Wrote:
How many people have you encountered in the CT that told you "hit the bricks, you're not wanted"?I have seen on more the one occasion some one come into the CT and start to bash "regulars" or the plane set for no apparent reason. The response usually is " the MA is that way---->" Im not saying it didnt happen which Im sure it did. But I want to know if it was one time or a dozen.

This isn't about anyone bashing another in the arena, Slash...... but I agree SOME MA flyers do bash the CT settings, that goes with out saying. I am talking about the way the CT people slam others when they try to offer an opinion or a suggestion
Please reread what I typed, SOME of the CT regulars....not the majority, not 1/2 , not 1/4 but SOME........and it was directed to CurtissP-6EHawk.  as for the attitude toward others that are not regular CT flyers. Me personally , I have never been told I am not wanted or to hit the bricks per say....

but if you check back thru the message board threads you will find a load of indirect suggestions to do so from SOME of the CT regular flyers. and please notice I said indirect, not direct as the following was :

and anyhow, I was not refering to what is said in the Arena ,  I was responding to how SOME  of the CT regular flyers respond to non regular CT flyers on these boards.......

one more thing,  when someone starts to point this out  to others about certian attitudes, why does SOME of the CT regulars start to get defensive about it?

and I stand by my comment and believe it whole heartedly...SOME of the full time regular CT flyers act as if HT made this arena for them and them alone, and to hell with everyone else...........then you complain when noone wants to come fly CT........
But still..as the topic of this thread says, The CT needs more pilots, and I do think so too.......
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 11:14:21 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2004, 12:06:42 AM »
Let me explain my attitude. Keep the MA settings in the MA. If you are born in Mexico and want to come to the US for a "Better" life, leave your damn flag in Mexico. You have a new flag to fly now. If you want to live in America, absorb what America has to offer, then become and American.  Same with the CT. Come to the CT enjoy what the CT has to offer, or go back to the Bloody MA.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2004, 12:13:29 AM »
one more thing, when someone starts to point this out to others about certian attitudes, why does SOME of the CT regulars start to get defensive about it?

I guess Hawk would have to answer that. Hawk feels strongly about what  he thinks is best for the CT. His choice of expressing that rubs people wrong at times. I didnt much care for the "STAY OUT" comment and I would guess most CT regulars feel the same. Hawks a good dude, just a bit too intense at times. Its your $15. The CT is as much yours as anyone elses. I hope you and your squad become regular faces in here.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2004, 12:13:43 AM »
Let me explain my attitude. Keep the MA settings in the MA. If you are born in Mexico and want to come to the US for a "Better" life, leave your damn flag in Mexico. You have a new flag to fly now. If you want to live in America, absorb what America has to offer, then become and American.  Same with the CT. Come to the CT enjoy what the CT has to offer, or go back to the Bloody MA.

I like your  attitude once you have explained it more clearly, I misinterpeted it.  

I will not say anything about the flag part though, everyone is allowed to fly their flag, except me, it is unlawful to fly my confederate flag or have a condederate sticker on my vehicle..but every other type of flag is allowed to be flown in this hypocritical country......

er I meant politically correct country......oops I said I wasn't going to say anything about the flags part

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2004, 12:19:42 AM »
There you go, Hawk answered:aok

it is unlawful to fly my confederate flag or have a condederate sticker on my vehicle.

What? There is really a law against Confederate flag?

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
CT needs more pilots...
« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2004, 12:24:03 AM »
is here in Jacksonville, Florida  we all know florida, it is the united little state/capital of  Cuba  nowadays hehe....