Author Topic: "gruesome, brutal, barbaric and uncivilized." - but that's ok  (Read 963 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
"gruesome, brutal, barbaric and uncivilized." - but that's ok
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2004, 03:00:57 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
Grunherz, i totally see your argument.. Why can you not see the fundemental hyprocrasy of this neo-con stance? Life is life and no life is worth more than another life.

But the mothers life is worth more than the baby's?  

For example in the case of current abortion law one is not only talking about a mother's physical life. Some of the reasons women get abortions is to enhance their social, financial and personal "lives" - all the expense of the very physical lives of their unborn children.

Thats quite a problem with your argument wouldnt you say?

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2004, 03:09:53 PM »
wow...rereading the entire discussion from my last post, still doesnt make any sense at all :confused:  since we all seem to a agree that partial birth abortions should'nt be done unless there is a direct risk to the mother.

next people will be telling me every time i...im killing a potential baby...

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2004, 03:10:53 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
But the mothers life is worth more than the baby's?

Absolutely.

What if the mother has children already? Is it okay for her to die or severely disable herself trying to deliver another? Then what happens to the existing children?

This is the problem with the law. Laws are black and white. There is no allowance for exceptions or circumstances and this is why the courts have struck down the ban.

Good on them.
sand

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2004, 03:14:32 PM »
Oh I agree.  

But I was responding to this statement made by a liberal abortion supporter who mentioned as an example of conservative hypocricy.

"Life is life and no life is worth more than another life."

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2004, 03:14:34 PM »
Just a thought on relative value...

Many mothers would give up their life to save thier children, and many have.  They have valued their children's lives more than their own..
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2004, 03:14:53 PM »
The people in power preaching these morals cannot possibly be holy in their own god's eyes.. The way I see it our government has no box to stand on to preach morals to the sheep.. To each his own..
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 03:17:29 PM by TheDudeDVant »

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2004, 03:15:46 PM »
BTW... it's amazing how many people b-line right for the extremes on this topic.

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2004, 03:18:23 PM »
Originally posted by JBA
...The fetus is partially removed from the womb, and the skull is punctured or crushed....

MURDER, simple to me too.

I don't know how any doctor could even stomach such a thing..the picture in my mind of that ihas made me sick to my stomach. Especially as the little person gets further along and really starts looking like a baby. I hope anyone who has had this done or gets this done and the people that provide this service all burn in hell.

You would have to be evil to provide this service!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 03:45:19 PM by Coolridr »

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2004, 03:18:44 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
Even though our president defied a world to goto war and kill 10s of thousands on unjust reasons,

Can you direct me to a prewar quote from Chiraq, Schroeder, Putin or some other world leader other than Saddam who said something like, "Iraq has completely divested itself of WMD's"

I haven't found one yet.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2004, 03:19:30 PM »
So quick to go to war?  Ahh yes the decade long US rush to another war with Saddam.

And at the risk of another tangent here what do you make of John Kerry's current* stance that he would have had the war even if he knew there were no WMD? He would support killing all those peopole even without the WMD..

*will change with new polls and focus groups

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2004, 03:19:41 PM »
It's not murder, the SCOTUS just reaffirmed that.  Murder is an illegal killing.  Partial birth abortions or intact dilation and extractions aren't illegal, ergo not murder.

Geez louise and how did I learn this,

Thrawn:  Executions are murder and that's against the ten commandmants!

Christian-dude-on-the-BBS:  No it isn't, murder is an illegal killing and executions are legal, ergo it's not murder and therefore not against the ten commandments.

Thrawn:  Oh...I R TARD.

Christian-dude-on-the-BBS:  Yes, yes you are, but Jesus loves you any way...tard.

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2004, 03:19:53 PM »
Originally posted by Coolridr
I don't know how any doctor could even stomach such a thing..the picture in my mind of that ihas made me sick to my stomach. Especially as the little person gets further along and really starts looking like a baby. I hope anyone who has had this done or gets this done and the people that provide this service all burn in hell.

You have to be evil to be able to perform such an act.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2004, 03:21:16 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
Just a thought on relative value...

Many mothers would give up their life to save thier children, and many have.  They have valued their children's lives more than their own..

Interesting... have had a few discussions with parents about priorities. My wife and I believe that our marriage is more important than our children. We must protect it. We must nurture it and in doing so, we will provide the best environment for our children.

It's never black and white... granted... I might indeed give my life to save one of my children. That is... unless I start thinking about the affect it might have on ALL of them. Hopefully, if the moment ever occurs, I'll have enough time to choose what is best.
sand

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2004, 03:21:35 PM »
Let me see if I read dude right. Kill babies but not terrorists...ooooooooookk.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2004, 03:30:49 PM »
The liberal national security dilemma, who is the bigger threat to America?

OR: