Author Topic: OK how do ya do it?  (Read 499 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
OK how do ya do it?
« on: August 27, 2004, 08:11:27 AM »
Admitedly I only spent only about 20 min with the film viewer.

But thats about as long as my frustration level would allow before I threw the monitor across the room.

First of all its SLooooow loading then its even  slooower  loading anything.

But my real frustration came when I actually ran the film.

Not exactl the most intuitive thing I've ever used

After some tinkering I finally got the angle I wanted which was a shot of my squad in formation getting ready to dive on a cv. And wanted it to hold that angle for the duration
Next thing I know its panning in all different directions

How the hell you get it to hold  position without it jumping all over the place?

Secondly How do you take a screen shot while viewing a film?

Alt-s doesnt seem to be it.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
OK how do ya do it?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 03:59:04 AM »
Not sure about snapshot.

Check the "Ignore recorded views" box. If you don't, the film looks in every direction you did while recording it.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
OK how do ya do it?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 02:31:04 PM »
The only way to take a screenshot with the current film viewer is by hitting the PrtScn button on your keyboard.  

The filmviewer is a piece-o-ch!t...we've been begging for a fix.  At the very least, I would like to see the in-game film viewer added.  That one always ran better than the external film viewer that we currently have.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
OK how do ya do it?
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 01:19:16 AM »
Originally posted by TBolt A-10
The only way to take a screenshot with the current film viewer is by hitting the PrtScn button on your keyboard.  

The filmviewer is a piece-o-ch!t...we've been begging for a fix.  At the very least, I would like to see the in-game film viewer added.  That one always ran better than the external film viewer that we currently have.

Well least its not just me.
Betya almost anything it was designed by an engineer. Most of whom are convinced they have to prove how great they are by designing things 10 times more complicated then they need to be.
Any that I've met all seem to be stuck in what I like to call "Rube Goldberg mode"
What they fail to see is that any putz can make something more complicated. Real genius is taking something complicated and making it simple
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty