Author Topic: Clerks Sequel~~~~~  (Read 448 times)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Clerks Sequel~~~~~
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2004, 11:02:58 AM »
Originally posted by JB73
im just dense i guess...

what in the world is your point sandman?

you dont like kevin smith, and think this will be a dumb movie?

you dont like the idea of him making a comic book movie?

just trolling until you catch something like me?

at least let me have a clue

My point was at the top... Kevin Smith has run out of ideas. His last movie, Jersey Girl, didn't do so well. So, he's obviously going back to the trough and revisit the story that made a name for him in the first place. IMHO, his last good film was Dogma and that was made four years ago. I like some of his work, especially Clerks, Chasing Amy and Dogma, but it seems that he has a tendency to be self-indulgent.

As for comic book movies... they're looking at one thing... Spider man and Spiderman 2 grossed over $750 million. Either alone has grossed ten times more at the box office than any of Smith's films.

I also wonder how faithful Smith can be to the comic with Jason Mewes in the lead role as the Green Hornet. He's a funny guy, but it's a stretch to call him a actor.
sand

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Clerks Sequel~~~~~
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2004, 11:26:45 AM »
Kinda a funny turn of events though in light of how badly they dogged comic book movies in "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back".

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Clerks Sequel~~~~~
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2004, 12:05:47 PM »
I do not see Jason Mewes playing Britt Reid. Did they cast the film yet? I'm wondering who will play Kato. That will be interesting...
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Clerks Sequel~~~~~
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2004, 12:11:26 PM »
Originally posted by rpm371
I do not see Jason Mewes playing Britt Reid. Did they cast the film yet? I'm wondering who will play Kato. That will be interesting...

According to IMDB, yes.

I've heard rumors of Jet Li as Kato.
sand

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Clerks Sequel~~~~~
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »
I checked IMBD. They list Mewes as the only cast member, but no role. If Kevin does cast him as Britt Reid, I may have to jump ship. He's not a good actor.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Clerks Sequel~~~~~
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2004, 12:26:29 PM »
I checked IMBD. They list Mewes as the only cast member, but no role. If Kevin does cast him as Britt Reid, I may have to jump ship. He's not a good actor.

According to Smith's site, it's confirmed.
sand

Offline Fuzzy

• Copper Member
Olaf
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2004, 06:15:44 AM »
MY LOVE FOR YOU IS LIKE A TRUCK
 BERSERKER
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE SOME !@#$
 BERSERKER
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUCK MY $%^&
 BERSERKER

best song ever

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Clerks Sequel~~~~~
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2004, 06:26:37 AM »
Better read that again Sandman. It says he plans to use him somewhere in the movie. He's talked with Jake Gyllenhaal about the lead.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Clerks Sequel~~~~~
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2004, 09:17:34 AM »
Better read that again Sandman. It says he plans to use him somewhere in the movie. He's talked with Jake Gyllenhaal about the lead.

You're right. I read too much into that last one.
sand