Author Topic: all right ...THATS IT!!!!  (Read 1060 times)

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
all right ...THATS IT!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2004, 07:23:12 PM »
Bug maybe you should duriing late euro hours.  they whine like crazy when storch milks.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2004, 07:29:09 PM »
Late Euro hours? No thanks.  Still debating the greater evil hairy armpits on their women or no balls on their men.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2004, 08:10:05 PM »
Looking for the post where Allies whined about the LW capturing bases in England, help me out here.

Havent seen it. Who cares if there is Axis bases in England. Makes for quik action when numbers are low. We will reset the arena for the organized missions.No big deal.  I agree with Storch. It was most likely porked by Skuzzy resetting it.

Something else to think about. Some of you take the whole Axis-Allied thing a bit far. "Axis" player encounters an "Allied" player who run and wont engage. "Allied" player gets vulched by "Axis" player. Then comes the fireworks on CH 1 and the forums. "Axis always vulch","Allied always run". Then we beat the dead horses. People who are curious check the CT are are subject to the bull**** and want nothing to do with a bunch of angry numbnuts who do more *****ing than flying. It does nothing for the CT. Ive been there and done it. Ive gone round and round with more than one of over God knows what. Its take the fun out of the game . I have never been much on taking crap off anyone. I dont do it in real life and dont care to do it here. But sometimes its best just let it go. I saw a few guys going at it pretty hard the other night. I told them to ease up with little results. I was asked later why I didnt give one of them the boot. I really dont feel 100% comfortable booting someone even though it may have been for the best. Id really feel like a hypocrite in all honesty. So I ask that you moderate yourselves a bit more. If your pissed get up and take a smoke break or whatever. If you're not having fun then there isnt any point in it.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2004, 08:20:42 PM »
If you are talking about last night the worst part about that was the most vocal twit was a person who rarely shows their face in the CT and I suspect was just popping in from the MA.  Saw one person specifically leave because of this person.

But then I question is this really the reason why they leave?? When they log back into the MA do they find a bag of cookies and warm milk waiting for them?? I don't think so.

Although I agree most the perpetual whines that go on on ch1 really are a pain in the arse.  I also think their "driving people out of the CT" theory is a little over-blown.

Just my imo of course, but I still do support Slash27's attempt to make the idiots shutup.  Nothing but good could come from that.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2004, 08:25:33 PM »
Bug making the Idiot "shut up" for another person a week ago or so made him quit AH.  He said WAAAAAAH and got muted for 60 minutes in the CT.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2004, 08:37:55 PM »
If you are talking about last night the worst part about that was the most vocal twit was a person who rarely shows their face in the CT and I suspect was just popping in from the MA. Saw one person specifically leave because of this person.

Yeah, was my squaddy he was bashing for not flying straight and slow. He came back after a short break.  I wasnt really refering to a particular incident, Ive just seen that same type of thing several times. Then the same person will post about how no one in the CT will fight and so on.

Although I agree most the perpetual whines that go on on ch1 really are a pain in the arse. I also think their "driving people out of the CT" theory is a little over-blown.  

I dont care so much about the whining, its the really heated stuff that goes on from time to time Id like to see stop. You do have a point about driving them out. If they can handle the crap on the text buffer in the MA  they sure as hell can handle it in here. I would like to see us be a bit better than that.( maybe I am and eitist snob CT regular?)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 11:54:23 PM by Slash27 »

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2004, 11:47:15 PM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
Bug making the Idiot "shut up" for another person a week ago or so made him quit AH.  He said WAAAAAAH and got muted for 60 minutes in the CT.

he is not an idiot, Skull12, he is x2Lee, Tommy to us in my squad.  

and  it is  sad to see that not even one apology was offered up for muting him for 60 minutes.  whether it was an intentional 60 minutes or an accidental 60 minute thing, it was still way out of line to be muted 60 minutes for typing waaaaa...... is flat out crazy...........

I sit and watch in every arena, MA, CT, TA, DA, SEA GD this, F U that, I offered a player named rayzore a for a fight  just to receive a F oof   reply......

crap like this goes on day in and day out in every arena, I sit and hear people like GETSOME cuzz up a storm saying MF this , MF that F you, I can't believe this Fing game , they talk like this on vox, I squelch them, but hell no do these people ever get muted , the filter don't even pick up the GD word typed out on text.......

a few of the people in my squad got tired of the MA, and liked the CT, so they started flying there thinking they found a new place to call home...x2Lee to be 1 of them, but then he gets slammed for a "waaaaa"  comment and no one offers to apologize or anything....

one of the "SOME"  regular CT flyers says we handled it within HTC policies which is straight up  dumb to even type that reply.......

if you gonna monitor , or mute people or boot them don't be selective be equally fair, I don't care if the guy spouting off is your squad member if he crosses the line mute him or boot him....

but don't play favorites,  and if you did it out of reason for  there was already 2 you were trying to calm down, then hey  you let it get to you and you stepped over the line........

but muting any player for simply typing "waaaaa"  is  to much even if it was a muting for 30 seconds, that is t much and un called for.....

"waaaaa" does not show a disrespect for anyone, player, staff, anyone,  it is simply an expression,  enough of my rant......
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 12:22:01 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

storch

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2004, 12:33:25 AM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
he is not an idiot, Skull12, he is x2Lee, Tommy to us in my squad.  

and  it is  sad to see that not even one apology was offered up for muting him for 60 minutes.  whether it was an intentional 60 minutes or an accidental 60 minute thing, it was still way out of line to be muted 60 minutes for typing waaaaa...... is flat out crazy...........

I sit and watch in every arena, MA, CT, TA, DA, SEA GD this, F U that, I offered a player named rayzore a for a fight  just to receive a F oof   reply......

crap like this goes on day in and day out in every arena, I sit and hear people like GETSOME cuzz up a storm saying MF this , MF that F you, I can't believe this Fing game , they talk like this on vox, I squelch them, but hell no do these people ever get muted , the filter don't even pick up the GD word typed out on text.......

a few of the people in my squad got tired of the MA, and liked the CT, so they started flying there thinking they found a new place to call home...x2Lee to be 1 of them, but then he gets slammed for a "waaaaa"  comment and no one offers to apologize or anything....

one of the "SOME"  regular CT flyers says we handled it within HTC policies which is straight up  dumb to even type that reply.......

if you gonna monitor , or mute people or boot them don't be selective be equally fair, I don't care if the guy spouting off is your squad member if he crosses the line mute him or boot him....

but don't play favorites,  and if you did it out of reason for  there was already 2 you were trying to calm down, then hey  you let it get to you and you stepped over the line........

but muting any player for simply typing "waaaaa"  is  to much even if it was a muting for 30 seconds, that is t much and un called for.....

"waaaaa" does not show a disrespect for anyone, player, staff, anyone,  it is simply an expression,  enough of my rant......

That was way outta line he shouldn't have been muted.  I don't blame him for quitting.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2004, 09:21:04 AM »
Would someone from X2Lee's squad please email about this so I can get the whole story from him. I am concerned not only as a CT player but more as a Staffer than he was muted for a simple "Waaaa". comment.

To have someone quit over that is ridiculous in my opinion but if it was given in response to previous comments then we need to get to the bottom of the problem and fix it. This is one reason that the CT is constantly being watched and if it doesn't improve then it will disappear and those of us who like it and fly it will have to look elsewhere.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline allmetal

• Nickel Member
as I said before........
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2004, 12:06:50 PM »
I posted before i looked in the CT and realized it was porked.But I do stand by my comments.In the past there has been comments made by others regarding the fact that the axis has captured bases in england.its always the same "they milked this"comments.In fact I also remember a few months back on one occasion that the axis was kicking but(as usual:D )when allies whined to the CM and he GAVE them back several bases!I guess my point was this.......We all pay for our subsciption to this fine game.We all have things to say about this fine game.The game should be played AS A GAME.If you lose a base fair and squarethen so be it.You want it back then come and get it.Don`t call the other guy every name in the book like a little child.

I have a lot of respect for many players of this game.In fact there are some who beleive to be damn good pilots here OR in real life.I have only been playing for about 6 months but i have learned quite a lot from many of you.I can honestly say i don`t a few people but I can count those on 1 hand.That is to be expected from everyone.

I never expected this kind of responce to my original post but i guess it shows how much we all like it here.

My apologies to Trukjr.I mis-interpreted what your post was about and went off in a rant.And now I`m ranting again!;)

all!

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2004, 12:21:53 PM »
In reference to your statement about the Axis taking bases and the CT Staffer returning them based on a "whine". Well the Staffer was me on one occasion and it wasn't in reference to a whine by any allied players. It was in order to keep from having to reset the whole flippin' arena and reworking the tables on the Okinawa map and the Allies were the ones that had porked that arena in the off prime time hours. I also have done the same thing on the FinRus setups, Slot maps, BoB setups, etc...

I stand by what I did then and will do so again if it will save any of us on the CT Staff from having to spend 2-3 hours reworking an entire arena that gets screwed up by a few players who want to milkrun bases versus no opposition. Which usually results in some whines on the BBS or email.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2004, 01:31:39 PM »
Wow bent people more outta shape than I realized but since we're going to druge up the incident from the Sicily setup from months ago.    I gave a reason then for switch bases but I suppose I should repeat myself.  

Yes I gave the allies bases... why?  Because the axis had all the bases on sicily, and the outlaying islands... it was going to be a 50+ mile trip for ANYONE who wanted to keep playing and fighting.  That is just ridiculous.  Why Axis players would be upset at someone saving them a painfully slow flight to get to the enemy, I'll admit to being a little baffled by.  The War should not be "won" in the CT... it's porks the arena and creates a lot of work and inconvience for staff and player alike.  The CT is about the battle, not the outcome.  I feel it is my job to keep the battle going.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

storch

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2004, 03:23:40 PM »
The staff should reset the map daily.  I enjoy capturing defended bases I also enjoy defending bases and frustrating attackers.  I have no problem taking the same base repeatedly.  I could care less of what others feel about how I like to utilize my game time.  Milking isn't much fun but I will occasionally "practice" my jabo on undefended bases and then treat myself to a capture, it does the body good.  Flame away.  :D

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2004, 03:24:29 PM »
Originally posted by Soulyss
 The CT is about the battle, not the outcome.  I feel it is my job to keep the battle going.

Amen to that.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2004, 03:35:49 PM »
Storch its a little different with what this guy is talking about. As a staffer its a nightmare once the arena gets screwed up and gets reset by the players. I don't know how many times I have spent my AH time that I give myself reloading the tables when the arena was reset by some group of people who went on a base killing spree.

I am with you though I don't mind going after a base over and over; sort of the lemming mentality we all have some of; but there comes a point when some players go overboard with their rants about the staffers fixing the arena towards a certain side.

At any rate you can always count on guys like Soulyss and I to redo the lost bases to help keep the front lines from porking the arena.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"