Author Topic: Fruda's Sound Pack v2.0 Progress  (Read 2197 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Fruda's Sound Pack v2.0 Progress
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2004, 06:42:18 PM »
Since yours is still in progress

http://rareaviation.com/index.html
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2004, 07:00:11 PM »
Looks pretty good, but I'm on a semi-tight budget as of late. Can't afford to buy that stuff, lol.

I'll look into in the near future.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2004, 02:29:57 PM »
I'm finishing the final touches on the 109 series. Engstart sounds have very smooth transitions, and the gear/flap sounds are just right.

Moving on the the 110 series... More updates as soon as I finish.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2004, 10:38:33 PM »
Quality work completed for all planes up to the A6M5B. I'll post more updates tomorrow.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2004, 03:50:07 PM »
Ok, I've gotten a lot of work done in the past two days.

Still, I need to edit more GV sounds, and I still have more engstarts to smooth.

It should be done by the end of the week...

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2004, 05:46:01 PM »
Still a ways to go until completion. Almost done smoothing the engstart files...

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2004, 09:59:16 PM »
Just a reminder --- Every plane's sounds are true to life. From the 109-E4 to the Typhoon, you won't hear an arcade-style sound in the entire pack.

Early 109's have the distinct buzz, while later models, especially the G-10, have a much lower tone (although it's not any quieter).

190's, well, sound like 190's. Can't say any more than that.

Japanese planes sound quite nice this time around. The engines are actually pleasant.

The F4U Corsairs have that Pratt & Whitney hum. They're loud as hell --- but that's not bad, since they sound so damn good!

Then we have the fighters equipped with Allison engines. The P-38 has that subtle whirr, and it's unique scream. The P-40's are in a class all their own (the engine choke on the engine startup is great).

Russian planes. They sound as they should: Quirky, low-grade, yet powerful. Very nice for the bare-bones pilots of AHII.

Merlin engines... What can I say? They're quiet, yet loud. The P-51D is almost soothing...

Then, the Typhoon/Tempest. These things are LOUD, but they have that wonderful whirr/buzz sound. It really increases the experience of flying such a plane.

Of course, there's more... Too much to mention, actually. It's all a massive upgrade from other sound packs. Reasons?

Engine scream/hum/buzz/whirr, and prop wash effects. You also get that unique howl from the Ju-87, and the whistle that made the F4U Corsairs famous.

There's lots to look forward to. Lots.

Offline lucull

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2004, 04:49:05 AM »
I could mirror the low quality sounds. Just drop me an email, when you're finished. :)

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2004, 03:50:19 PM »
Will-do.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2004, 12:20:47 AM »
Looking forward to your sounds Fruda , please post a fresh thread when there done :D

Ive got mitsu's and i just tried waffles .. waffles exterior sounds are cool and about 50% of the planes but there lacking in the mechanical sounds , slats ,flaps , the stuka siren ect , i like to hear the life force of my planes ... not just the engine .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2004, 04:17:32 AM »
I have my flaps set to 30% of normal volume, while gear is set to 45%. I have wind sounds (wind hitting the plane, as well as wind + siren/whistle sounds) set to a unique volume for each plane series. It's a nice, subtle effect.

It's not too easy to hear flaps and gear when the engine is running, and they're sill "soft" when the plane is still.

You'll be able to hear the mechanical sounds better than Waffle's, though. His are around 15% of normal volume, which is too low.

I'm hoping that I'll have the pack done by Saturday... I still need extra GV sounds, which Nefarious will be posting soon.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2004, 02:19:26 PM »
Engstart smoothing complete.

Now, I need those new GV sounds, and the pack will be complete.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2004, 03:14:01 PM »
Beefed up some sounds (Il-2m3 engine, N1K-2J engine, Yak-9 series engine, TBF engine, La-series engine). They sound very powerful now. Before I did this, these sounds had some serious problems with volume. They had no "strength".

All I need is the GV sounds, which I'm still waiting on.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2004, 05:45:59 PM »
More work in progress to keep me going until the new GV sounds are uploaded...

I'm redoing the gun sounds. I recently received 3 packs full of different gun sounds, so when this pack is done, you'll be getting the highest-quality gun/cannon sounds in AHII.

Offline JaniK

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2004, 01:13:11 AM »
You working this package any more? Because i loved your gun sounds in 109 preview pack and would like to see your whole version of sounds too.