Author Topic: Daily Show Truths  (Read 406 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Daily Show Truths
« on: September 03, 2004, 07:56:24 AM »
Sure it's a comedy show. Sure it even claims to be "fake news". But sometimes Stewart is so right on it hurts...

After Zell's angry tirade at the Democrats (which even John McCain thought was over the top), Stewarts commented "I can understand the anger of the disenfranchised. You know the people who feel left out of the process. I'm trying to figure out the anger of the enfranchised. They (reps) have the House, the Senate, the Presidency and the Supreme Court.... what the heck are they so pissed off about?"

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Daily Show Truths
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 08:01:53 AM »
Zell Miller is a Democrat, so according to the above satement he's disinfranchised.

Why is he angry? I think its because he's seeing that the left basically hates america.

Now before you get mad, allow me to explain.  

When a right wing person gets mad he waves the flag, when a left wing person gets mad she burns the flag.

Thats also the basic patriotism problem facing the democratic party...

Offline Coolridr

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Re: Daily Show Truths
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 08:29:08 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Sure it's a comedy show. Sure it even claims to be "fake news". But sometimes Stewart is so right on it hurts...

After Zell's angry tirade at the Democrats (which even John McCain thought was over the top), Stewarts commented "I can understand the anger of the disenfranchised. You know the people who feel left out of the process. I'm trying to figure out the anger of the enfranchised. They (reps) have the House, the Senate, the Presidency and the Supreme Court.... what the heck are they so pissed off about?"

And no one hears about the ANGRY stuff the dumbocrats have put out there..lets see moveon.org, Michael Moore, etc... Quit believing EVERYTHING you see on TV.

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
Re: Re: Daily Show Truths
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 08:32:24 AM »
Originally posted by Coolridr
And no one hears about the ANGRY stuff the dumbocrats have put out there..lets see moveon.org, Michael Moore, etc... Quit believing EVERYTHING you see on TV.

We have a saying here:

'O Ciuccio chiama Recchialonga 'o cavallo"

Translated cut be:

The donkey call "long ears" the horse.

;)  :D

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Daily Show Truths
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 08:35:57 AM »
Believing? Huh?

I think the analysis is right on the money. After 4 years of controlling EVERY facet of our government.. if things aren't going their way, who exactly are they pissed off at?

Oh and Grun... sometimes I think you type just to excersize your fingers. He was the Keynote Speaker at the RNC. The letter he puts after his name is irrelevant.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Daily Show Truths
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 08:41:20 AM »
The part about zell's party was an obvious joke..

The rest though you should take seriously because it is a problem for your party whether you want to admit it or not..

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
Daily Show Truths
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 08:43:58 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
if things aren't going their way, who exactly are they pissed off at?

I think I would be too if we are talking about the security of our nation.  That's exactly the focus of Zel Millers speech.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Daily Show Truths
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 08:48:52 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Zell Miller is a Democrat, so according to the above satement he's disinfranchised.

Why is he angry? I think its because he's seeing that the left basically hates america.

Now before you get mad, allow me to explain.  

When a right wing person gets mad he waves the flag, when a left wing person gets mad she burns the flag.

Thats also the basic patriotism problem facing the democratic party...

Grun. Zell Miller by his own words is democrate by name only.

Best quote last night was: ....Zell Miller, building bridges straight to the 1800s!

Grun, plz explain your idea of hate? Also explain what leads you to believe the 'left wing' hates america?

Its very disturbing to me that minions can just play along with such ignorant statments such as a certain group of Americans hate america. Thats just rediculous. Basically, what that implies is since you dont see America like 'we' do, you must be wrong and hate america. Thats an  excellent bridge building tool, wouldn't you agree Grun?

So go ahead and keep burning bridges Grun. Tell how all these Americans hate America. Judge them Grun! Clearly your kind (whatever that is, clearly not the same 'kind' as an american democrate) and no other have the ONLY correct possible way. There is no other. Do your part in spreading hate and ill will. You do it so well. Comprimissing? Thats for *******! Right, Grun? Tell all those people with different opinons how they are so wrong! They are nothing more than hating America Americans. Born here. Where you born here Grun?

God bless america (except those american america haters! smite them god!)   Makes a lot of sense..

Let them keep dividing the nation. As they do, you do too.. Keep spreading it! Ds agaisnt Rs! Rs agasint Ds.. Whatever. This is nothing more than the most basic divide and conquer. Lets just let the hate keep building until we reach the compression point again. How many died in the first Civil War? 5 million? 10 million? I bet we can double the numbers easy! And BOY!, wouldnt it be fun to kill those damn hippies..

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Daily Show Truths
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 08:53:15 AM »
Go attend one of these whacko left wing anti war protests and tell me these people dont hate america.

I have, and they do...

Like I said:

It basically boils down to that...  Thats why Kerry is getting pounded on his defense record and thats why the american people seem to be accepting those attcaks..

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Daily Show Truths
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2004, 08:58:55 AM »
Y'all need to read this...

Sortin' Through Zell Miller's Speech

On Wednesday night, Sept. 2, shortly after lame-duck Democratic Senator Zell Miller of Georgia fired off a keynote speech at the Republican Convention that lavished praise on President Bush and all but questioned the patriotism of fellow Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts, Ma and Pa Mettle turned off their satellite-dish TV and went out on the porch of their home in a remote Appalachian valley similar to the one from which Miller hails.......  

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Daily Show Truths
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2004, 09:34:39 AM »
Business Week? That liberal rag...

;)
sand

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Daily Show Truths
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2004, 09:42:31 AM »
Nice response to an attack never made. Do you work for the Kerry (he's a glorious war hero you know) Campaign?

But since you brought it up, the author does seem to consistently write left leaning editorials whatver you percive the magazine's slant to be.. His regular column is even called  "A Not-So-Neutral Corner"

So, no sandman, your point is pointless..

Offline OneWordAnswer

• Copper Member
      • http://www.theanswerman.org/
Daily Show Truths
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2004, 09:42:35 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Business Week? That liberal rag...

;)

http://www.fair.org/search/search.cgi?Match=0&Realm=All&Terms=Newsweek

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Daily Show Truths
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2004, 10:05:04 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ

So, no sandman, your point is pointless..

****... I was making a point?

Here's one... Can't really compare Miller to Jeffords. Jeffords was not a lame-duck and his defection was much more damaging then Miller's little rant.
sand

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Daily Show Truths
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2004, 11:20:39 AM »
When right-wing nutburgers get mad, they blow up federal office buildings.  When left-wing nutcases get mad, they riot and burn flags.

The rest, meaning the people inbetween who aren't totally insane extremists, all wave flags and feel that they are patriotic in believing what they believe.  And they're right.

-- Todd/Leviathn