Author Topic: Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY  (Read 8163 times)

Offline GuyNoir

• Copper Member
Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY
« Reply #330 on: September 11, 2004, 02:35:54 PM »
Even though I've been pro-eny limiter in this thread, I'll agree that the numbers imbalance % should be way higher before the limiter kicks in and that total number of players should be higher before it kicks in.

Probably wouldn't hurt if the time limit before switching sides again was lowered as well.  It might make spoiling carrier runs easier, but I bet it'd help to make switching to even the numbers seem like no big deal.

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
« Reply #331 on: September 13, 2004, 11:47:49 AM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
Goobman, the eny limiter isn't about reset.  it is about an attempt at equalling numbers.  resets still happen, but with the eny limiter you are giving the bish/knits a chance to fight back at the overwhelming horde.  it is just keeping your large numbers down so in that sense yes it is working.

Why don't the Bish/Knits just show up on Sunday?  Would be an uber fight!

ENY still sucks IMHO.
2Slow
Secundum mihi , urbanus resurrectio
TANSTAAFL

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
« Reply #332 on: September 13, 2004, 05:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Yes they did ... they did not leave the game, but major squads and other took the initiative to move to the Rooks to help make a balance.

'Twas not the case this time ... why ? ... I can't figure it out, but had some taken the intiative again, the ENY disabler would not be in existence.

Two years rooks were outnumbered 95% of the time, so please do not try and make it out as if it worked itself out in short order.  In this case a vocal few refused to stop annoying the hell out of HT, and so HT made a decision, that has created more of a problem than a solution.

Before ENY:

Rooks outnumbered Knights and Bishops on Sunday nights

After ENY

Rooks still outnumber Knights and Bishops on Sunday nights, and numerous players have canceled thier accounts or are considering doing so, and the entire community is disrupted, and in a general foul mood.

What did ENY fix again?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #333 on: September 13, 2004, 05:57:43 PM »
Originally posted by 2Late4U

What did ENY fix again?

It does exactly what it's designed to do. Switch or use P-40bs to steamroll with. It's actually quite simple. It also ended up revealing exactly how stubborn some players can be.

"You're not the boss of me man and you're not so big! Life is unfair!"

;)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 06:00:05 PM by Arlo »

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
« Reply #334 on: September 13, 2004, 07:01:53 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
It does exactly what it's designed to do. Switch or use P-40bs to steamroll with. It's actually quite simple. It also ended up revealing exactly how stubborn some players can be."

;)

LOL, so its not about side balancing its all a master plan for Dales thesis "How to win friends an influence people"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #335 on: September 13, 2004, 08:26:10 PM »
LOL, so its not about side balancing its all a master plan for Dales thesis "How to win friends an influence people"

It's all about pissing you off, man. That's what it was intended to do all along. It was never about balancing the playing field by either getting players to start considering getting out of their comfy chairs and switching sides or, barring that, making them have to horde in early war planes. Nope. It was just to ruin the lives of those who're making excuses about why they can't switch. The optimum result hoped for was mass suicide. :lol

Offline peterg2

• Copper Member
« Reply #336 on: September 13, 2004, 09:01:51 PM »

Rooks still outnumber Knights and Bishops on Sunday nights, and numerous players have canceled thier accounts or are considering doing so, and the entire community is disrupted, and in a general foul mood.

What did ENY fix again?

Yep, the ENY deal has popped the fun bubble for a lot of people, me included.

I still up the older heavy crates and try to get some flight time, but it certainly isn't as much fun as it use-to-was before ENY time.

I still think HiTech's idea about implimenting ENY the further you get from HQ, sounds like it might be a decent compromise.

The further you go into enemy territory, the more you get delayed, hotloading or flying your favorite ride from 100 or so miles away(20 min flight time in 51D). It doesn't balance the team numbers though. But, I don't believe anything imposed will balance the numbers.

The ENY system doesn't seem to have worked to move people to switch sides.

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
« Reply #337 on: September 14, 2004, 12:36:56 AM »
I haven't logged on since Saturday, but it would be nice if Dale DISABLED ENY-L until a suitable fix is found.

(insert TOS violation here so that I know Dale has read this post. ;) err...maybe not)