Author Topic: Damn this is fun !!  (Read 145 times)

Offline Wegaman

• Zinc Member
Damn this is fun !!
« on: February 13, 2001, 06:57:00 PM »
  Man after a while once you learn to fly fighters, this game ROCKS. Before i wasnt too good a flying fighters, could hit or fly crap. Now, i am feeling the p51 lately. Today i upped, and in 5 minutes killed me a b26, b17, and f4u   Tac "claimed" I warped from 3.4 to D300 when i nailed his b26    I then got an awesome angle on this b17 boom wing gone, then landed my engine less p51 1 cm off the runway and got a ditch.

Re upped, and killed me a f4u on the deck   I then was following a f4u when it was RTBing, he was a running home and got there before me, i pulled away at edge of acks, saw like 5 shots fly errantly by, BOOM 1 ping, my wing is gone and i am on fire.

I swear, I swear, the CPU ack has my number. They always get me in 1 ping. Bam. Like they have auto tracking devices  

I like fighters!  

bertie

Damn this is fun !!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2001, 07:30:00 PM »

Originally posted by Wegaman:
I like fighters!  

Wait till you run up your first 5+ kill sortie with a fighter, no prox kills or vulching.  You'll wear a smile from ear to ear  

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Damn this is fun !!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2001, 12:30:00 AM »
You did warp bud, its something you will see a lot in the arena. I was amused by your reaction to shooting down my poor B26   .

First thing you should know is to not attack a buff from dead 6. You wouldve been VERY dead at d1.2 if the gods of lag hadnt interceded there. Attack from below or hi 12.

P51? Bah, fly a P-38! Thats a REAL plane, not a sissy running white chickencrate.  

Offline SpitLead

• Copper Member
Damn this is fun !!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2001, 02:06:00 PM »
Wegaman - you got that right!  There's definitely a learning curve even if you'd played other online flight sims like Warbirds (which I have and that just made my learning curve shorter).  My first Tour (12) I was at only .88 kills/death at my best.  This tour (13) I've improved that to 2 kills/death.  It's all about knowing your plane and the enemy's strengths and weaknesses and employing some sound engagement tactics (I've found solid engagment tactics to be absolutely CRITICAL in my success).  I've been flying the F4U-1C/D Hogs a lot so I now feel VERY comfortable with it's performance in a dogfight (i.e. I know what the limits are and what I can get away with).  

prz

Damn this is fun !!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2001, 03:16:00 PM »
Oh, no, another runstang dweeb boasting ;-)

attacking buffs from dead 6, anybody knows you don't do it (unless you feel like, which I do often, I however almost always die ;-)

Sandman_SBM

Damn this is fun !!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2001, 10:52:00 PM »

Originally posted by bertie:
Wait till you run up your first 5+ kill sortie with a fighter...

Hell... my hands start shaking at 3. Almost have to stop and do something else for awhile just to calm down.  

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Damn this is fun !!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2001, 11:57:00 PM »
I got three kills once... then I woke up; thumbed the starter and hit the damn refuling shack.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Damn this is fun !!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2001, 12:32:00 AM »

Originally posted by Tac:
P51? Bah, fly a P-38! Thats a REAL plane, not a sissy running white chickencrate.  

Comments like this make me ask, "Is there going to be a skin editor out anytime soon, HT?" I don't mind being called names, but nobody calls my ride "White!"  

Voss