Author Topic: Fw190 A-8  (Read 626 times)

Offline Sp4de

• Silver Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/decommissisoned1/
Fw190 A-8
« on: September 07, 2004, 01:55:51 AM »
Im starting a new skin but my panel lines are painted the wrong color. (just found out) and i need to know if there is a way to paint them all at once. instead of coloring in every... single.. pixel:eek:

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Fw190 A-8
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 07:52:48 AM »
Dude, you're doing it in paint.  That's like oral surgery via the rectum.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Polaris

• Zinc Member
Fw190 A-8
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 08:34:05 AM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Dude, you're doing it in paint.  That's like oral surgery via the rectum.

ROFLMAO!  That's outstanding, sir!

Offline Sp4de

• Silver Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/decommissisoned1/
Fw190 A-8
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 09:55:11 AM »
noooooooooooooooo i just started photoshop 8

Offline glenmorangie

• Copper Member
Fw190 A-8
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 01:12:21 PM »
Originally posted by Sp4de
noooooooooooooooo i just started photoshop 8

I use PS 6.

Create a new layer, use a transparent background.

Click the layer to *make sure* you're editing the layer *you think you are* ( never had that problem myself, obviously ).

Set the foreground color to  bright red ( or other easily visible color ), so you can see the lines on the background. Draw a set of panel lines using the 'pen' tool and "trace path' ( BTW, the $50.00 for Adobe's guide is worth the money 100 times over.  In the first evening I started using the techniques I added an order of magnitude to my abilites.  It cut at least 100 hours off the way I was doing it ).

When you get the lines where you want them, 'Adjust image' - 'replace color' to the color you want.  I drew the lines 1 pixel wide.

Create a new layer as a copy of the lines you just drew and recolored. Replace the color to a contrasting color. Move the new layer 1 pixel down and 1 pixel to the side, giving a 2 line wide panel in 2 different colors.  

For the mirror side of the fuselage or wing , 'magic wand' select the lines, 'copy', 'file new' with transparent background, 'paste' into the new image, 'adjust', 'rotate canvas', 'flip vertical', 'magic wand' select, copy, go back to the original image, 'paste'  ( which will create a new layer automatically ) and move the lines where you need them.

In general, DO NOT merge the layers.  You will develop a feel for this. Leaving groups of like items in layers ( e.g. 'right fuselage panel lines ' ) always leaves the option for adjustment and changes.  The Yak9 I'm working on has about 30 layers, from the camo on the bottom to the panel lines to the markings to the weathering.  You can control what displays on top by moving layers up and down until you like it and change the effects of the over-lying layers by adjusting the transparency.  This is very useful for weathering. My panel lines are at about 30%, as I remember, and the 3 weathering layers are various, to get a nice effeect.  The paint chips are about 75%, etc.  Any layer can be dealt with individually. We don't need no stinkin' repainting!

Oh, I forgot the step of lining the room you're working in in very soft foam padding. It won't prevent bruising, but it will protect the paint. :)