Author Topic: Poll: Favourite Star Trek SHow  (Read 857 times)

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
Poll: Favourite Star Trek SHow
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2004, 10:51:04 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
There was an episode of Next Generation that was very good. Picard is taken over by this probe that makes him relive the life of a man from a dieing planet. He spends the entire show learning to play the flute.. great show.

Ahh yes, I remember that one. One of my favs too. But I never tire of watching the original series. I vote for Star Trek as my favorite show.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2004, 10:55:13 AM »
Originally posted by DoctorYO
The Khan episode and the later Wrath of Khan movie were some excellent science fiction..

Notable Khan qoutes:

"I've done far worse than kill you, Admiral. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me, as you left her: marooned for all eternity in the center of a dead planet, buried alive. Buried alive."  (my personal favorite..)

"Ah Kirk, my old friend. Do you know the Klingon proverb that tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold? It is very cold in space."

"To the last, I will grapple with thee."

"From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee." (Moby Dick)

"I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round perdition's flames before I give him up!"

I think Khan doesn't like Kirk very much.

;)

DoctorYO

I particularly liked Khan's inferred quote from Paradise Lost, when he asked Kirk if he was familiar with Milton. Spock or Bones, can't remember which, didn't get it. Kirk quoted: "Better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven".

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2004, 11:02:59 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Thats my favorite Star Trek episode by far, it's called "The Inner Light."

OMG!  And you knew this how? hehe

Great quotes Doctor!

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2004, 11:17:38 AM »
I was home yesterday and the space channel had a Star Trek Voyager marathon. I watched 5 episodes back to back.

The Terrible Year Interesting idea to see the ship basically get destroyed yet everything goes back to normal at the end.

Scorpion. Cool to see how 7 of 9 joined the crew and to see them cooperate with the borg and yet not have to turn over the technology at the end.

My favorite episode was one where they sent the doctor to a federation ship in the alpha quadrant via an abandoned communications network and he finds it has been hijacked by Romulians and the entire crew is dead. He works with EMH in that ship to save it, and then comes back to Voyager.

I thought the ending was lame and they should have built more on the now we can talk to the alpha quadrant theme in the next few episodes but I suppose that would have killed the whole we are lost in space theme.

Offline jigsaw

• Silver Member
Re: Poll: Favourite Star Trek SHow
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2004, 01:53:10 PM »
Originally posted by spitfiremkv
1)Star Trek
2)The Next Generation
3)DS9
4)Voyager
5)Enterprise

Next Generation is the only one I truly enjoy watching, and some episodes of voyager where 7of9 gets to strut her stuff :)

TNG - Darmok, Inner Light, First Contact. How can you go wrong with
Marina Sirtis?
TOS - Classic
DS9 - Stationary Star Trek ?
Voyager - Eh. Got better later in the series and when I started watching it as reruns.
Enterprise - Watched 2-3 episodes and gave up on it.