Author Topic: Not able to fly the plane I want.  (Read 532 times)

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
Not able to fly the plane I want.
« on: September 08, 2004, 12:17:04 PM »
There is a change that was made to the game recently that is making game play less fun for me and some of my squad mates.  I'm talking about that change where a player tries to launch an aircraft they will get a message to the effects of "Planes with an ENY value of less than XX are not available."

Now, I'm not going be one of those guys that says if you don't do this or that I'm going to quit... but when I get online and want to fly a certain aircraft or god forbid spend some of my hard earned perk points (I'm not much of a pilot yet) and I cant, its a bit frustrating.  I pay to play this game... for fun. The effect of this new code is counter to said fun.  Eventually when people stop having fun playing a game, the quit playing.  In fact we've already seen several players quit because of issues like this and all the associated bugs involved with it being released while still in near beta trim.

I've got to compliment for having built an oustanding (and addictive) game... but come on High Tech.   There has got to be a better way of getting what you want than by doing it this way... you could do more passive things like having bases resupply faster, hangers take more ordinance to take down, etc.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 12:32:53 PM »
or you could just switch countries.

Why is it so taboo?

All you guys whined about a couple months ago was hordes of 51's, LaLa's Nikkis and Spit 9's overrunning everything.

Hitech fixed it with the ENY limit system. The side that has a large numbers advantage can't use the power planes anymore.

Either learn to fly another plane or switch to the country that has the fewest numbers.

Am I the only one that sees how simple this is?
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 12:36:18 PM »
Back to that fun factor... a large part of the enjoyment I get out of the game includes gaming with other people, many that I've come to know... so no, switching countries is not an option... which unless I'm mistaken involves leaving my squad and not being able to swap back for 24 hours.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 01:01:44 PM »
Then you choose to learn to fly a less powerful plane.

That was simple, wasn't it?
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 01:11:44 PM »
You can swtich side any time you like with no effect on your squad affiliation.  Once you do switch, there is a 12 hour time limit before switching again.

It's funny that you mention "fun".  How much fun is it for the guy constantly out numbered?  There are 300-400 guys in the arena, shouldn't they all be having fun?  Or just you?

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 01:55:26 AM »
When you swich sides you get to know more people.

When always on the same side you only know a third of the people.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 10:15:49 AM »
I believe the country change time was lowered to 6 hours.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 11:24:24 AM »
I can't believe that I'm the only one thats anoyed by this.... wow, ok.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 01:33:08 PM »
You're not the only one by a long shot.

People kept begging for a way to balance the numbers between the three countries and after awhile HT came up with the current ENY system. I think it's a decent and fair system.

The only thing keeping the system from working well is the reluctance of people to switch sides or fly less powerful planes.

For some odd reason people seem to be locked into flying for a certain country or flying a certain plane and refuse to change.

I fly as a Rook for a squad that flies F4U's. Unless my commander orders a change of country I will remain a Rook. With that in mind, I know that as a Rook certain planes are sometimes not going to be available but I can live with that. It doesn't bother me one bit that if I couldn't fly a Corsair that I couldn't get by with a Wildcat or FM2.  Seems alot of people can't be that easy going.

I also understand "historical squadrons" want to fly certain planes. Trouble is, they're going to have to bend. Afterall, what did those guys fly before they flew P-51's? ....hmm? P-47's more than likely maybe even P-40's. You can do the same thing for each country in the war.

But...rather than change, people would rather log off or quit and run to the BBS and rant and make all kinds of threats.

Suites me just fine. I'll still be the one hanging at 25k in a P47 or Ta152 (depending on the numbers) looking to cherry pick some goober on a suicide attack mission.

It's all the same to me.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 11:30:31 AM »
Your right, there is a lot of reluctance to fly planes other than those people are accustomed to and people do want to fly for one country and not keep switching.  So since we agree this is the case, why don't we come up with a better way of balancing things without alienating the people paying to play?

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 05:03:48 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
I believe the country change time was lowered to 6 hours.

I asked HT is he was going to do something along these lines. He said he was thinking about it. Do you know if he changed it to 6 hours for a fact Skuzzy?

Offline StraDog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2004, 10:58:39 AM »
Blooz,

Must just be me, but, the only times I have hit this limitation is when I am upping to defend a field that is under heavy attack.   based on that experience I though the limitation was base specific.

Leave it to me to take a knife to a gun fight:(

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2004, 12:31:48 PM »
As a Rook, I see the limitation all the time (we still are often the ones with superior numbers).

One of these nights when one country is very outnumbered I think I'm going to switch just to see if I can up a 262 for cheap. I've never had enough points banked to up one as a Rook and I'm surprised we don't see our enemies with whole squads flying them.

I've shot down more 110's lately than ever before being flown by those that could be attacking easily with Tempests or F4U-4's!

Heck, its been so long that I've been able to fly a perk plane that the other night I finally was able to up a Ta152 for the first time in awhile and was so rusty in it that I crashed on takeoff, racked up a death on my score and lost half those perk points!

Actually though, its a good thing to me. I'm becoming quite good in a P-47.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel