Author Topic: !@#$! Microsoft stopped making joysticks so what else is out there  (Read 1799 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
!@#$! Microsoft stopped making joysticks so what else is out there
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2004, 12:14:54 AM »
Ive always used MS joysticks. I checked out a bunch at BestBuy the other day and they all feel chintzy to me. Too light, and fragile feeling.  Nothing Ive seen compares to MS for feel, and sturdiness.

Im hoping the new Saitek stick is good. I hear it has a twist and throttle of the stick.

~AoM~

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2004, 02:10:42 AM »
Posted by TexMurphy
http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/info/press/X52.pdf

That looks nice. I use the X45 model, I love it. I use CH pedals with it though. I hate the rocker rudder on the throttle. I used to have a MS FF2, but it broke. (also used rudder pedals, hate the twisty thing) Went with the Saitek and glad I did. Took about a month to get used to it. A joystick is mainly personal preference to the individual. I tried several different ones before I found the X45; which I like. I even bought a spare one and have it in the closest, just in case it breaks in the middle of the night. This way I have a spare ready to go. I have had this one for almost 2 years and it still works great.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2004, 02:13:18 AM by SFCHONDO »
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2004, 12:09:54 AM »
The X52 does look cool. But Ch product better.

Offline RT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2004, 11:59:42 PM »
I used the original ms ffb stick for a few years, and then shifted to a logitech ffb stick.  Never used the second ms ffb stick because they altered the button lay out that I had become accustomed to.  I always had problems with wear and center play, and I really respect anyone who could work with the ffb stick and overcome that problem.  

Force feedback can be really cool and enjoyable, if we could get sticks that did not have jerky forces and that did not have wear problems.  

I use to have analog thrustmater rudder pedals and the pedals are substantially better than a twist handle.  

Am thinking about investing in the CH set up.  Hope they really do wear as well as people are saying.  

Good hunting,

rthus