Author Topic: Another Sollution  (Read 629 times)

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
Another Sollution
« on: September 08, 2004, 02:35:41 PM »
Here's my 2 cents for what its worth.

I understand HT is trying to create some kind of balance between the countries for the better of the game. I understand no matter what happens someone is going to be unhappy. But the thing we have to look at the whole picture.

As of the past few months, everyone knows Rooks has numbers. Rooks may have 200 people to the Bishops and Knights 150 a piece. (Granted thats a busy night, but using round numbers :) Because Rooks has numbers, and Bish and Knits doesnt like that, They tend to both hit rooks. So now you have maybe 50 Bish and Knits fighting each other while the other 100 are hitting rooks. Which evens it out. For those of you who flew AW, you all know how the Bz was the country always getting ganged by the Az and Cz. Why? Because they had numbers. We cant look at the numbers as a whole, we have to divide them. One country may have the larger number on the roster, but add at least 2/3 of each other two countries and thats the number you have fighting the "numbers side". I'm not sayin this happens all the time, but majority.

Now I know when 1 side has numbers they try and roll on the side that has the least amount. So my suggestion is find someway to even out the people through out their own country. Not the plane set. People doesn't wanna not be able to fly the plane of their choice, or have to go to another country in order to fly it. So what if we limited each base to like 30 people can go out of it. No I'm not sayin 30 as a definite number just throwin it out there. Or maybe making the size the the airfield a factor. We have small, normal, and big airfields right? We make the small airfields release a smaller number of planes and the bigger airfields release a larger number? This would still alow missions to be ran. Now this would only take place to the countries with the larger numbers. Make it vary like the ENY. This way it eliminates the ENY and the country changing stuff.

Like I said, this is just an idea, and I have a few more. But I'm just gonna throw one out at a time and see how the reaction is.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2004, 06:05:49 PM by PK1Mw »

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
Darn
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 06:06:28 PM »
Guess no one likes this idea lol

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Here's an idea
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 11:34:33 PM »
While limiting players from fields may slow down the offensive horde, you have to always remember there is a defensive side that has to be taken into consideration.

Limiting the amount of planes that can launch from a field will also handcuff defensive efforts and thats not something that you would really want ... would you ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Here's an idea
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 07:20:58 AM »
Personally I think the game is more interesting when fields are falling all over.    I'd rather see dynamic action and a changing tactical situation than a static one.

I wish HT would rip out the ENY limiter code and just start a new country called "Kings" and assign half the Rooks to it, then wait a couple of months to see what happens.

Or here's another idea - it may have been proposed before, not sure.    When country (let's say Rooks) reaches a certain level of total arena population and controls a majority of the fields on the map, the Server announces "AN ALLIANCE HAS BEEN FORMED BETWEEN KNIGHTS AND BISHOPS" and thereafter, all Bishop and Knight icons show as green to each other, killshooter is in effect for Bishop and Knights, and they can use each other's fields to spawn, refuel, etc.

When the Rooks have been beaten down enough, the Server automatically dissolves the alliance and icons return to normal.

I really don't like the idea of disabling vehicles/planes, tweaking with building hardness or ack lethality.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 07:31:57 AM by oboe »

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Here's an idea
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 07:24:57 AM »
Originally posted by oboe
Personally I think the game is more interesting when fields are falling all over.    I'd rather see dynamic action and a changing tactical situation than a static one.

I wish HT would rip out the ENY limiter code and just start a new country called "Kings" and assign half the Rooks to it, then wait a couple of months to see what happens.

Creating a 4th country might be very interesting indeed. The 3 sided conflict is in all games and has the same problems in all games (either one side ganks a smaller side or the two smaller sides gank the larger side). 4 Sides might break this pattern.

Tex

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Here's an idea
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 07:29:07 AM »
if the sides get to out of wack, add the two sides together into ONESIDE....muhahaha :D
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Here's an idea
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 07:33:25 AM »
LOL Overlag,  I proposed the same thing as I amended my post.

Great minds, dude.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Here's an idea
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 07:35:17 AM »
LOL Overlag,  I proposed the same thing as I amended my post.

Great minds, dude.

sorry im hung over and got very little memory so i missed when you said that :) :aok
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Here's an idea
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 08:58:25 AM »
No worries, mate.   I added that bit later, apparently WHILE you were making your post, proposing the same idea!

Great minds think alike, they say...

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
Well..
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2004, 04:24:08 PM »
Limiting the amount of planes that can launch from a field will also handcuff defensive efforts and thats not something that you would really want ... would you ?

Keep in mind, these limitations would only take place when the numbers are outta wack. Like the ENY varies with the number of people on a country, same thing here. The number of planes allowed out of a field would vary with the numbers of the people on country. Actually I think the limitations should be based on the number of fields, not the number of people. 1 side can have 50 more people then the other 2 sides, but they may only have 10 bases and their screwed.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2004, 04:26:36 PM by PK1Mw »

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Here's an idea
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2004, 04:59:57 PM »
This has been brought up before.  The thing I dont like about it is that I would rather fight 60 that took off from the front line, rather than 30 that took off from the front line, and 30 at 20k+ because they had to take off from a rear field.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Here's an idea
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2004, 05:01:05 PM »
Or here's another idea - it may have been proposed before, not sure.    When country (let's say Rooks) reaches a certain level of total arena population and controls a majority of the fields on the map, the Server announces "AN ALLIANCE HAS BEEN FORMED BETWEEN KNIGHTS AND BISHOPS" and thereafter, all Bishop and Knight icons show as green to each other, killshooter is in effect for Bishop and Knights, and they can use each other's fields to spawn, refuel, etc.

When the Rooks have been beaten down enough, the Server automatically dissolves the alliance and icons return to normal.

That certianly would be interesting.