Author Topic: Rude Majority ?  (Read 607 times)

Offline Dos Equis

• Nickel Member
Rude Majority ?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2001, 11:57:00 PM »
The first thing you do when you logon is .squelch 1. Get that out of the way.

Now, if your own teammates steal kills from you, there's a very simple answer. Remember them. The next time they come screaming down the valley with a bogey in pursuit, do this:

Fly above the bogey chasing him... and then keep on going.

That sends the message pretty well, I find.

X2

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Rude Majority ?
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2001, 12:06:00 AM »
Hit em hard! if they dont trial smoke and spiral or explode you shoulda hit em harder  

If you are in a 'hot' zone then think of it this way: one less person who can kill you regardless of who gets the kill, you are mutually benifiting all the greens, if someone wants to blow all their E to try to steal your kill then just dont go to their help when they get into trouble.

There always will be idiots that do it.

[This message has been edited by Spatula (edited 01-08-2001).]
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Rude Majority ?
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2001, 01:26:00 AM »
I make it a point to bail out as soon as I can so that the guy who caused my kite to be unflyable gets credit for the kill he earned.

The problem is partially the fault of guys who insist on riding the dead airplane all 15,000ft down.

That said, I will stay in cockpit if I downed somebody and have not net received credit for it.  Doing that is, of course, just hoping he hits the ground before you do.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

prz

Rude Majority ?
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2001, 02:49:00 AM »
Don't get upset Suave,

1. machine is a beginner ;-) Saw him flying around so look @ 3.

2. not much of that steal-kill stuff in the arena that I observe. Just one of the little annoying things of life. See maneuver kills you get for free as the opposite of it.

3. I got to admit: I did it once or twice early in the game when I went days without a kill and got _really_ frustrated. I didn't steal kills but dove on a clear prey of someone else and blew them to pieces. I always appologized though and winged for them once or twice to make up ;-)  Mostly guys weren't too upset.

AKSeaWulfe

Rude Majority ?
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2001, 03:01:00 AM »

Originally posted by prz:
Don't get upset Suave,

1. machine is a beginner ;-) Saw him flying around so look @ 3.

I wouldn't call him a "beginner". He's been around since Tour 10. That's long enough to understand that if a plane is derelict it's already dead.
-SW

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Rude Majority ?
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2001, 03:15:00 AM »
Yeah Suave, this problem is also related to the damage model-flight model. Half-wing flying guys are like honey for bears, they attract kill-stealers.
Fighters flying with half a wing, fighters flying without both ailerons, fighters flying without both wingtips ... I'd like to see HTC fixing these thing  
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Hans

Rude Majority ?
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2001, 04:15:00 AM »
You think you have the corner on the kill stealing market?

If memory serves, didn't a certain pair of P-38 pilots compete with each other, one even loosing alot of wingmen?

Hans.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Rude Majority ?
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2001, 05:03:00 AM »
Don't forget error, we all can do error !
Ie lst week I've stealed a kill to a squadmate without knowing I was doing it !
(I've figured it see the film after)

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Rude Majority ?
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2001, 06:26:00 AM »
I shot at a Spitfire that I thought was still intact.  I blasted it. At the last second I seen it had no stabilizer. So it was basically dead.  I got the kill and in turn stole it from Mathman.  I apoligized but he never type back to me.  I felt like a big chump!  

But to type "Deal with it"  kinda stinks.  Maybe that is the only way he can get kills.

Recently if my shots do the major damage and the plane is basically dead, I ended up with the kill. Regardless of how many others hit it.  On the flip side I have killed a manuevering and fighting plane that had smoke or fuel leak and only got assist.  

Oh Well!  As long as the bastard is down!!!

Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Rude Majority ?
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2001, 06:36:00 AM »
too many dweebs shooting at to few targets.

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Rude Majority ?
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2001, 07:22:00 AM »
It happens. I've done it and it has happened to me. Last I checked this was a team game.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Rude Majority ?
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2001, 07:35:00 AM »
Some people think "team game" means you clear your team mate's 6.  Others think it means you shoot the same plane they are shooting at.

AKDejaVu

Jay_76

Rude Majority ?
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2001, 08:27:00 AM »
re- Half wing fliers.

I'm a new user... and one of the unexpected joys I got when getting shot up time and time again is that sometimes, in certain planes, if I lose part of a wing, I can still manage to try for home base, or even friendly territory.  

I agree- planes with both wings partially removed will not fly, but planes missing only one control surface will (try finding some pictures of planes that made it home in WW2... you'd be surprised what kind of damage a plane can take, esp. the bombers).  If I get bounced bad and the bogey only managed to get one wingtip, and doesn't finish me off, I'm not going to give up til I either hit the silk, manage to land somewhere, or die trying.  If that means he shoulda finished me off when he got the chance, so be it.

Anyhoo... great game, I'll be checkin financial statements at the end of the month to see ifluff'n I can't register for a couple.

*S* and regards,

Jay.

Offline Suave1

• Zinc Member
Rude Majority ?
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2001, 09:31:00 AM »
There is a difference between teamwork and ill manners . If he had apologized or something it wouldn't have bothered me, but instead he threw me this "yep and I'd do it again" attitude. This guy wasn't clearing my six or shooting the plane the same time I was . And the plane wasn't missing just half a wing . It was missing a whole wing and stabalizers, falling like a flaming sack of watermelon .

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Rude Majority ?
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2001, 09:32:00 AM »
this does happen now and again...few days ago i shot tail surface off an f4 and saw him slowly spiral down..i then turned my attention to other enemy and expected to see the kill message but i noticed friendlies chasing it down...I was alittle annoyed but i carried on fighting..when the assist(   ) message appeared i looked down and saw the friendly had chased it to the deck almost and there were several enemy converging on him so i left him to it  
you get your own rewards for stealing kills..i would have helped anyone whos being bounced and i can quite understand mistakes being made ive done that too but i always appologise, usually before the message comes up, if i feel ive shot a plane that is going down.
However sometimes i have chased a con for miles working them lower only to have a friendly swoop in and kill them.this is the only situation where i might pop a few rounds in for an assist but this is very rare and only because i feel cheated out of a reward for hard work   .
All i can say is 'if you dont do the work you dont deserve the kill' so pick a target that is not engaged already if possible..wait, watch them try to vulch their teammates kills and pounce on them, much like what happened to the pilot who stole my kill   .

hazed

greed will get them killed.one day they may realise patience and teamwork will get more kills than trying to steal stricken planes.

[This message has been edited by hazed- (edited 01-08-2001).]