Author Topic: The Laz Perk Point Lotto..  (Read 550 times)

lazs

The Laz Perk Point Lotto..
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2001, 11:00:00 AM »
actually.. I have circumvented rips 'wait and see' policy IMO.   The idiotic perk point system is allready partially implemented and the part that is implemented is a disaster.  It is quite easy to game... It rewards one popular behavior over other popular behaviors and the people most likely to unbalance the game allready have thousands of points.  

As to what WILL happen.... Most of what I have said is simply the obvious.   If it wasn't obvious i wouldn't have caught it.
lazs

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2001, 11:08:00 AM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
 Edit: And...Laz never has to resort to using an alias to get his point across.

I've never done it either  

Ok, so I can call any future addition by HTC I disagree with as "idiotic" because the "wait and see" policy, but I cant say that hispanos are turbolasers, isnt it?

Come on, Rip...you got caught on this one  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2001, 11:14:00 AM »
Ram, it sounds like you're arguing with yourself, you've lost me in your philosophy...I have not called anyone 'idiotic'...and yes, you have used alias, you have been caught in this one...  
(Don't forget, IP traces... )

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 02-15-2001).]

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2001, 11:25:00 AM »
There are inherent problems with perks as well as with RPS as well as with a unlimited planeset.  Ther will always be ways to game the system.

The big problem is: how does the system allow for the eventual addition of early and mid war equipment in an arena brimming with the far more lethal late war equipment?

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2001, 11:27:00 AM »

Originally posted by Yeager:
There are inherent problems with perks as well as with RPS as well as with a unlimited planeset.  Ther will always be ways to game the system.

The big problem is: how does the system allow for the eventual addition of early and mid war equipment in an arena brimming with the far more lethal late war equipment?

Yeager

Ahh, there is sanity posting here!

Good question, I'm interested in seeing where this developes..thus , the wait and see approach before making any judgements.

lazs

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2001, 11:35:00 AM »
geeze.... yeager get's it!  who'd a thunk?
lazs

Moose11

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2001, 12:01:00 PM »
The system allows it by making it worth more to fly an early war plane then a later one.

You bet a P-51B is going to be a higher perk score then a -D.

However, this has to do with the 'idiotic perk system', but it *is* a form of reward. If you fly your early-ear planes enough you'll have a lot of perks built up for when you want to jump in an uber-ride and have fun.

In fact, before the perk system evolved into what it is now, there was *no* reward for flying a 1941 plane in the MA - you could get bounced by a late-war model and your only gripe can be to yourself.

Lazs, I can understand your point when you imply that you don't want to be shot down by a plane you can't fly. That is the 'one' inherent problem in the system, because people will feel like others are getting 'more' for their $30.

While this cannot be easily fixed, my one idea in all of this is that when you shoot down a perk plane, it's yours. You don't get tons of bonus perk points, you just get the plane you shot down.

Kind of like a NFS High Stakes trophy system.

It might totally not work, but it would make the perk guys a lot more scarce.

Open to suggestions - hell, it's just an idea.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2001, 12:09:00 PM »

Ram, it sounds like you're arguing with yourself, you've lost me in your philosophy...I have not called anyone 'idiotic'...and yes, you have used alias, you have been caught in this one...    
(Don't forget, IP traces...  )

Oh,damn I dont know if you mess up what I say, or if I really am this bad at english.

I dont say you are calling anything "idiotic"...I do say that LAZS has said ENDLESS TIMES that the perk system implementation is an "idiotic" action coming from HTC. You have a lot of examples of this in this same board (Any perk system thread, will have lazs saying somenthing about the "idiotic perk system).

Yet you say "ease pressure, guys, he is a vocal but nice guy", and that "each one has its opinion and is free to express them". He is saying that HTC's perk system is IDIOTIC, yet you say that he is free to say that.

I am yet to call ANYTHING implemented (or about to be implemented) by HTC as "IDIOTIC". I ahve had my reserves regarding certain things and I have never shut up my opinions.

Certain opinions of mine, on gameplay features, FM and damage models have found your clear sarcasm, and even some flames. I always express opinions, I say that I think somethign is wrong, yet I NEVER -NEVER- --NEVER-- have called "idiotic" anything coming from HTC. In fact any time that HT or Pyro has stated anything regarding my opinions I have had them on a high regard.

But, you can be clearly sarcastic with a guy doing opinions (call them whines, whatever, but NEVER insulting, nor trying to attack frontally HTC's work), yet you tap on the shoulder of a guy calling "Idiotic" certain HTC decisions, and you say "ease pressure on him, guys, because he is vocal". I am vocal too, the problem is that I usually mess with what you dont like people to mess : F4U. (and you forget a very important thing, man. the Corsair is also one of my favorite fighter planes of all times).

So, lazs is Ok but RAM not. Heh, ripsnort, you GOT caught on this one.

BTW Do IP traces, whatever. RAM is my BBS handle and I haven't used any other handle here.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2001, 12:15:00 PM »
Okay, double standards do apply in my case, because Laz doesn't quit 3 times because he doesn't get his way, he doesn't use alias to argue with himself, and he brings facts and data to the board when he thinks there is a FM anomoly...yep, I got caught!  

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2001, 12:22:00 PM »

Okay, double standards do apply in my case, because Laz doesn't quit 3 times because he doesn't get his way, he doesn't use alias to argue with himself, and he brings facts and data to the board when he thinks there is a FM anomoly...yep, I got caught!    

I quitted once, to return in one month. Many things got to do with that quitting. So you are using again something that is false to attack me  

BTW tell me OPENLY wich is the other handle I use to argue with myself   Please I need a laugh.

Oh, and BTW, not that I care what you say or do about me too much. Once I did, not any more  

Its that it simply surprises me to see that you have a double standard, nothign else. And the proof is that you try to attack me personally to avoid the principal topic  .

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 02-15-2001).]

LJK Raubvogel

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2001, 12:26:00 PM »
RAM, only you would hijack a thread like this  and point it towards yourself lol.  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2001, 12:26:00 PM »
Er, Ram, there was no 'attack' by me, and you responded first to me...with a problem of perception, something I cannot help you with, and...you're on your 3rd Aces High account...again, nothing I can help you with.

Be gone with you.  Thanks.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2001, 12:32:00 PM »

Er, Ram, there was no 'attack' by me, and you responded first to me...with a problem of perception, something I cannot help you with, and...you're on your 3rd Aces High account...again, nothing I can help you with.

Again you are wrong     second    

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 02-15-2001).]

lazs

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2001, 12:32:00 PM »
moose... perhaps i have not made myself clear.  It's not that "I" don't want to be shot down by a "perk" plane.... it's that I don't want to see perk planes period.  least not in the same arena as other less capable ones and certainly not implemented in an arbitrary (rewarding one type of behavior over another) manner.   I don't want to take someones 'perk' plane if i kill it.   I don't want the (cough) challenge of flying 109E's or Spit 1's against the current planeset much less the perkies..

I would like to fly spit ones and 109e's and f4f's and a whole host of important and fun planes tho.  

I might even like to fly -4Hogs and Spit 14's and Bearcats once in a while but not against the current planeset and especially not if.............

The guy I'm flyin AGAINST can't have one.   For whatever reason... The reason doesn't matter to me.   Only the fact that the fight is rigged... It's a non victory for me.  Like killin someone at their fridge.   Some in AH live for that I know.... I don't.
lazs

and ram.... stay out of this.... it was suppossed to be an attck on me... you get attacked plenty (and deservedly).... don't be greedy

[This message has been edited by lazs (edited 02-15-2001).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2001, 12:41:00 PM »

Originally posted by RAM:
Again you are wrong   second  

Whatever Ram/Luke skywalker/??? whatever you are currently...