Author Topic: have you really looked at your video setting software?  (Read 333 times)

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
have you really looked at your video setting software?
« on: September 15, 2004, 03:51:02 PM »
Just wondering if all the people that have a  nvidia geforce fx 5200 or probley any nvdia gf card. <---I metioned this vid crd because  this is what i have.   if you look real hard and you have the new updated drivers , They do have settings for frame rate performance, vert sync, horz sync, allis x's, several other settings that are adjustable,.  They are NOT a (in your face settings) as soon as you open your display window,  you gotta look for them.  why they dont make them so there right (in your face) is beyond me.

I had my vid card for a few before I found them, not from the lack of looking mind you,  they may have implemented in a driver/software update, because i found them after updating my drivers and software for my video card from the orginal drivers. If you got the updated drivers/software.  And you have not seen the settings,  go  find them and adjust them.!   your framerate could go up dramaticaly , example:  from  40 to 120 with just a slider adjustment.  :)  mine did!  even in the smokey stuff and  ton of graphic load  i get no less the 40  fr  -+  depending on setting. results may very depending on what kinda computer stuff you have.

So for those people that did not know about these adjustments exsisting, well you know now.  And for those people that already know about them, well i guess you read this for nothing.  ;p

hope this may help some that are unhappy with the performance of there PC with the new version of AH2.  

Cant find them?  Send $10.00 CASH  (i'll take my chances with the mail) and selfaddressed stamped envelope and I will send you a detailed map of where they are. lmao!!  

send to: I b so lost me need help finding settings. ugg.
123 I'm gunna get reamed st. <--( my or any guys address after a divorce.)
lost in software, pluto.  000haha-$10.00inurpocket.

there really not that hard to find.  lol!

p4  2.6 ghz 800fsb
intel brd  800
512 ddr duel channel
nvdia gf fx 5200 128 mb<--------- cost 69.00 - 20 rebate $49.00 card
sb audigy 2 zs sound crd<-----  helped fr too
the rest no biggie wd 120 gig  blah  blah...

P.S.  this information is unavailable to Any Person that may want or have any chance at all of shooting me down!  These people MUST use onboard video with 2mb of shared memory (like the old days)   teehee!

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 11:04:07 AM »
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  Where are they and where do i put the slider ?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 01:07:44 PM »
Any useful info? Like what setting needs toi be adjusted and what the values should be?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 02:01:48 PM »
please respond...good post...need help..that is all.......

Offline Darkish

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 07:22:41 PM »
Right click on an empty space on desktop screen, select properties - hit "settings" tab then "advanced" button.  Select Card tab (GeForce FX 5200).  Window will pop up on left - play with to heart's content.

Improvements made by setting performance & quality to "high performance", reducing Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filering - Changing D3D settings to best performance... note if running Omega quality drivers don't play with D3D settings.

Surprised you didn't ask your squaddies Jaxxo ;P

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 11:54:27 PM »
ya what he said..  :)  its under application profiles,  check the box for show advance settings, little green tag shows up click on it then click on the performance and quailty settings, mine are set to this:  
antial- app ctrl
ani filt-app ctrl
image-high performance
force mipm -none
cont clamp-off
ext limt-off
hardwr acc- singledisp
res: 800x600  ..  the 1024x768 slowed my FR way down
32 color
refresh  optimal
display timing - GFT- for my monitor or CTV
my drivers ver is: nvidia 4.14.10.5664  
the graphic detial sliders for vidieo in ah2 i have slid  1/3 from performance +-  
 and do not run the video icon on the task bar, or anything on your task bar for that matter, it just slows stuff down, get everything off it
with these settings i get frame rate of 120+-  I know its overkill :)
but everyone's PC is different so these settings may not bring the exact same results,  but i bet it helps alot.  g/l