Author Topic: A CT idea that would affect the MA  (Read 255 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
A CT idea that would affect the MA
« on: September 18, 2004, 04:04:44 PM »
I have heard that the CT arena is'nt well attended.  I think I would go there more if more people went. But they are probably thinking the same. I'd imagine the reason is, that in the MA, the fruits of your labor are reflected in the "ownership" of the map. It gives you something to "work" towards.

The CT arena to me is just a few guys flying around, at at the end of the day it doesnt matter much what happened. Atleast thats my take on it, if Im wrong say so. So how could we get more people interested?

What if the CT was setup in a way that promoted heavy bombing formations against industrial targets. The CT map could be the historical Europe map, with the target german industry.  Each reset, the knights,bishops and rooks would have thier own turn at defending Germany, while the other 2 teams played the allies.

The defending team would likely be outnumbered each map, but the object is to hinder allied attacks, not expect to destroy every bomber group everytime.  A formula could be created that shows the number of allied losses/ damage on target vs the axis losses/ damage of their home targets.

When joining the CT..you would be locked into your home country's team, the same team you are in the MA.  The attack procedure would be mission based rather than single sorties.

The outcome of the CT map, would reflect perk prices for the MA. It would be a sort of connecting the 2 arenas. The standard perk prices in the MA would be the cost of losing the war in the CT. The better you did defending in the CT the lower the prices would be in the MA. A total victory condition could actually make perk prices for planes very cheap.

It would require a custodian from HTC to input the data each reset...mainly perk prices for the side that defended in the CT, so whether its feasible or not I dont know. But it would create more realistic fun in one arena, and at the same time create a sort of accomplishment that would carry over into the MA.  

With the current ENY restrictions, if you did well in the CT the previous map, the following map would allow you to fly the planes you wish, by boosting their ENY values to attainable levels. But only if you did well in your team's time in the barrel.

Perhaps since it would have such an affect in the MA, it would require 1 night a week(or a weekend afternoon) to hold this in the CT. The result would be immediately applied to the MA and remain that way until the next week's results, no matter how many map resets are done in the MA that week.

Its just an idea. But imagine the bragging rights a team could have if they defended well, and were able to determine their destiny in the MA for a week, from what they did in the CT!

~AoM~

VWE

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 04:08:16 PM »
Most of the best sticks are in there every night, so grab yourself a silly spitty and film it so you can see how someone in the little Zero waxed your butt so quick.

Though on this map, grab a Yakasourus or LaLa so you can experience for yourself how such an under modeled FW reversed on you so fast it'll make your head snap.

:aok :rofl
« Last Edit: September 18, 2004, 04:11:52 PM by VWE »

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 05:08:29 PM »
the CT is a mini DA :rolleyes:
known as Arctic in the main

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 05:15:07 PM »
actually, it's a mini-MA.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 05:33:50 PM »
Actually the CT is nothing like the DA. And the MA is nothing like the CT. The personalities of the CT are far better of that than in the MA.

You cannot compare apples to oranges.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2004, 06:00:46 PM »
The CT really doesn’t need MA players to be forced to fly in it.  HTC has nothing to gain and a lot to lose by forcing players into the CT.  The CT is just an alternative.  Attendance that is 5% of the MA does not mean that you will have 5% as much fun or action as in the MA.  It just means that you’re flying with and against 10 to 40 other players.  

Originally posted by FiLtH
   The CT arena to me is just a few guys flying around, at at the end of the day it doesnt matter much what happened. Atleast thats my take on it, if Im wrong say so. So how could we get more people interested?

Um, FiLtH,
Guess what, the MA also is “just a few guys flying around, at the end of the day it doesn’t matter much what happened.”
I’ve flown in both arenas quite a bit and I’m here to tell you that AH is just a silly (and very fun) game that never ends.  It doesn’t matter.
What most guys in the CT get out of a night of playing is a series of thrilling or sometimes not so thrilling fights.  Sound familiar?

Here is the big difference between the CT and MA:  

The CT has limited, yet historical plane sets that change once a week.  

As a CT regular since CT Tour 1, I used to wonder why more players didn’t frequent the CT.  Especially considering how often I read complaints about the lack of quality fights in the MA, the hoard mentality, etc.  

I now know why they stick to the MA and understand the futility of trying to convince them otherwise.

eskimo

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2004, 06:10:36 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2

As a CT regular since CT Tour 1, I used to wonder why more players didn’t frequent the CT.  

because they already get a taste of Zazen in the MA, eskimo!  ( ouchy, did that hurt? )  

:rofl   just ribbing ya, eskimo
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2004, 06:15:42 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
because they already get a taste of Zazen in the MA, eskimo!  ( ouchy, did that hurt? )  

:rofl   just ribbing ya, eskimo

Help me out here, is he a vulching SOB?

eskimo

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2004, 06:20:59 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Help me out here, is he a vulching SOB?

eskimo

only rumors I've heard eski, most say he is one of them there cherrypickers, hope you understand it was all in jest :D

btw......
there is some good sticks that fly in the CT, no doubt. but there are just as many that fly in the MA, if not more, for they do not find any fun in the CT.......the best sticks are also sometimes the worst sticks in the game on any given day.....something to think about.......

you also have the same type of flying in the CT as you see in the MA,  ganging, high alt climbing flyers with 5k advantage every flight,  vulchers, cherry pickers, base grabbers....only difference as eskimo pointed out is the limited plane set to simulate historical times/ places of events, and the fact it all is on a much smaller scale........

SOME of the CT regulars are very commendable and show great sportsmanship in regards to the limited attendees in the CT, others act just like most in the MA.........point hungry score mongers

this could also be a reason the CT sees limited numbers
« Last Edit: September 18, 2004, 06:30:05 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC