Author Topic: New Patch out!  (Read 196 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
New Patch out!
« on: January 08, 2001, 02:33:00 PM »
!!!\

Version 1.05 Patch 4

Made a frame-rate optimization.

Moved kill messages to a separate radio channel on channel 6. You
                    cannot broadcast on channel 6 and you don't need have 6 tuned to
                    receive the kill messages. This just allows you to squelch channel
                    6 using the .squelch command if you do not wish to see kill messages
                    in your radio buffer.

Changed the default radio channels for new users so that radio 1
                    defaults to the country channel.

When using keyboard rudder control, the rudder now starts centered
                    when you start a new flight.

Map room is now enabled on the CV.

Exiting a PT Boat now counts as a landing if the exit occurs within
                    3/4 of a mile of a friendly CV/airfield/vehicle base.

Fixed a bug that would allow you to find an enemy CV by double-clicking
                    around on the clipboard map until you got a 'You can't move to that airfield"
                    message.

Fixed a bug with the scroll bars on the various list boxes in the interface.

The score button on the roster interface now works. You can use it to look up
                    your score or you can highlight a player on the roster and click the score button
                    to see their score.

Added a room button on the roster interface. This changes the roster to only
                    show those people in the same location as you. This does not auto-refresh as
                    people leave or come in.

Numeric columns in the interface sort boxes now sort in the correct order.

Changed the ship gunner selection interface. Unoccupied positions show in
                    yellow, occupied positions show in red, and your current selection shows in
                    green.

The dual 5" inch gun mounts no longer both fire at the same time. Both
                    barrels still recoil and that will be addressed at a later time.

Made a number of changes regarding carrier landings. The net result being
                    that you can bring your plane in reasonably hard and not get killed.

Made the Open Doors command available from the gunner position. This command
                    is only available if you are gunning for yourself and not another person. It
                    allows you to deploy the PT boat's rocket launchers without switching back to
                    the pilot position. You may need to manually set this in the keymapper under
                    the gunner keys if you've modified your keymap before.

Fixed a display problem on the Ju 88 where the 2 x 250 and 2 x 500 kg bomb
                    loadouts would display as 4 x 500 in the cockpit display.

Added a gear indicator(forward/neutral/reverse) to the PT boat.

Fixed all the known problems related to starting flight from the carrier.

Fixed a bug that caused some runways to be bumpy and some refuel
                    points not to work.

Corrected the prop on the TBM shape.

Both bombs on the F6F now display properly from afar.

Fixed a rotation bug on the 40mm of the PT boat that would cause
                    your gunsight to be slightly off at times.

Removed the slow elevation from the 20mm on the PT boat.

Fixed a mismatched bomb loadout in the Lancaster.

Moved and added vehicle spawn points to the terrain.

Added boat spawn points to the airfields that are close to the water.

The radar factory for the northern country is now present instead
                    of a white square.

You can no longer see enemy fleets from the map room.

Fixed a bug in the mission editor that moved people to different
                    flights if there flight was deleted by the mission planner.

The mission auto-start now works from anywhere, you don't need
                    to be in the map room any longer.

The mission editor now checks plane, fuel, and ordnance availability
                    at the time the mission is submitted and again when the mission starts.
                    If one of the mission planes or loadouts is unavailable at the time
                    that the mission is submitted, the planner is notified and won't be
                    able to submit it until the mission is modified accordingly.

------------------
                    Doug "Pyro" Balmos
                    HiTech Creations

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 01-08-2001).]

AKSeaWulfe

New Patch out!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2001, 02:39:00 PM »
You have entirely too much time on your hands Rip. <G> I just now saw it on the announcements page and was about to post here... but I see your finger was hovering over RELOAD long before me! ;-)

hehe
-SW

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
New Patch out!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2001, 02:42:00 PM »

Fixed a bug in the mission editor that moved people to different
                    flights if there flight was deleted by the mission planner.

The mission auto-start now works from anywhere, you don't need
                    to be in the map room any longer.

The mission editor now checks plane, fuel, and ordnance availability
                    at the time the mission is submitted and again when the mission starts.
                    If one of the mission planes or loadouts is unavailable at the time
                    that the mission is submitted, the planner is notified and won't be
                    able to submit it until the mission is modified accordingly.

A BIG WTG HTC!!!

Pepino

New Patch out!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2001, 02:53:00 PM »
Ripsnort, I can understand you are jealous about duma's approach to AH. But post #'s & Cut&Paste abilities would not earn you any free slot. You have to show at least that much talent   . (j/k)

Ah!, and thnks for the info!

Cheers,

Pepe

Pepino

New Patch out!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
And WTG, Htc. (as usual)

Pepe

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
New Patch out!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
Ripsnort has no extraordinary talents like my MAG-33 Brother Duma, not even close...(Oh wait, I can twirl a bottle, and throw it in the air, and catch it behind my back!)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
New Patch out!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2001, 02:57:00 PM »
5192 posts?!?  That's an average of 14.2 posts per day for an entire year without taking time off for weekends, vacations, family time, television, dinner, or any such stuff.

My hat's off to ya, Ripsnort.  I don't know how you do it.  

-- Todd/DMF

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
New Patch out!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2001, 03:02:00 PM »
"I don't know how you do it"

I do  

HTC, fantastic list of fixes and additions!!  <S> and mucho thanks.  

-Westy

(I hope CV landings aren't rediculoulsy easy though. course, I've yet to make one at all but haven't tried much)

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 01-08-2001).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
New Patch out!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2001, 03:08:00 PM »
Sitting here at work not knowing if I should be gratefull or pissed.  I will be getting out a tad bit early today.

Thanks for the prompt service HTC!  An astounding amount of work for the last week.

BTW, thanks especially for incorperating the system message option.  Nice to see you actually taking ideas from the message board and implimenting them so soon.

<S>!

AKDejaVu

Offline 2Late4U

• Copper Member
New Patch out!
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2001, 05:12:00 PM »

I really like the channel 6 option, but would like it even more if *MY* kills still were displayed to me even if others are squelched.

Offline jedi

• Zinc Member
New Patch out!
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2001, 05:18:00 PM »
I get a download error trying to download from the link.  Works OK if I go to the ftp site tho...

TheWobble

New Patch out!
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2001, 05:46:00 PM »
the AI flak on the fleets is INSANE now! you cant get near the boats if your not scraping yer belly on the water.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
New Patch out!
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2001, 05:59:00 PM »
 How do I go to the ftp site?
miko

MrSiD

New Patch out!
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2001, 06:01:00 PM »
WTG HTC!

The rate of which things are getting fixed + developed here is amazing! HTC is not only working their butts off, but also presenting us with solid results..

Impressive.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
New Patch out!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2001, 11:42:00 PM »
Ummm...your kills are still shown in the buffer 2late4u.