Author Topic: Uber Buffs  (Read 875 times)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Uber Buffs
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2004, 12:39:20 PM »
The German 30's are neutered, that's why Dedalos   :mad:

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Uber Buffs
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2004, 03:17:49 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
The German 30's are neutered, that's why Dedalos   :mad:

Lol, 2 30mm in IL2 tail took off the ruder only
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
Uber Buffs
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2004, 08:50:48 PM »
Well the plane in question was not even a B17 "flying fortress", Nor was it a lancaster, I think they were JU88s. The CV had all guns operational as it had just spawned from the last time the same guy sunk it.

Apparently this pilot has found some way to make his plane super tuff, this was not his first "how the hell is he still flying?" sortie I witnessed.  Couple more instances like this & I will completely avoid attacking buffs.

Anton

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Uber Buffs
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2004, 07:33:02 AM »
Originally posted by anton
Well the plane in question was not even a B17 "flying fortress", Nor was it a lancaster, I think they were JU88s. The CV had all guns operational as it had just spawned from the last time the same guy sunk it.

Apparently this pilot has found some way to make his plane super tuff, this was not his first "how the hell is he still flying?" sortie I witnessed.  Couple more instances like this & I will completely avoid attacking buffs.

Anton

but why was you flying right up behind him? come in from the side or front, aim for the pilot himself and boom
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Uber Buffs
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2004, 08:30:33 AM »

Anton

JU88s, You should have said so at the beginning.  I think they are a lot tuffer now.  I have been able to take a lot of hits in them lattly and fly away.  Last shorty I killed an LA7 and killed the engine of a 190. Thas after they made repeated passes at  me scorring hits on every pass.  Eventually I lost one of the 88s from the fire but I could not figure out why I was still alive after the LA7 attack.  I used to take 2 of those things down in one pass.   Not anymore.  Kind of like it since their guns suck :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline onions4u

• Zinc Member
Uber Buffs
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2004, 09:49:45 AM »
It all depends if the cv had manned guns or not.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Uber Buffs
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2004, 05:51:12 PM »
... I think they were JU88s. ...
Could it be the Ki76?  That 20 mm cannon is lethal to anyone in the aft hemisphere.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
Uber Buffs
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2004, 10:15:45 PM »
I cant say exactly what plane it was, exept that it was a form, & not 17s or Lancs. Ill give the pilot kill shot thing a try.

Anton