Author Topic: immmm backkkkkk  (Read 446 times)

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
immmm backkkkkk
« on: September 19, 2004, 04:41:35 PM »
after a couple of what seemed long weeks, im comeing back.

but lol it figures just as im about to start playing again poof! joystick craps out!:mad:

i hate logitech

im looking at the saitech 3d rumble stick as a replacement for my logitech 3d wingman force feedback, that i will add had nothing but problems with since i bought it! too much play while centered and i had to continually recalibrate too much.

so any feed back on the saitech?

my first stick was a saitech but i broke the hatswitch buttons. so i bought the logitech.

saitech 3d rumble stick
« Last Edit: September 19, 2004, 04:45:38 PM by 68DevilM »

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
immmm backkkkkk
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 04:43:39 PM »
one more thing.

is it common for anyone else to have to recalibrate thier sticks dozens of times while playing?

ive experianced this with both joysticks ive owned playing ah.

i dont know why it happens? updated drivers and all.

Offline dfl8rms

• Copper Member
immmm backkkkkk
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 04:46:12 PM »
I use the saitek x45.  Only calibrate upon entering the game.  After that its fine the rest of the time.

Haven't used the other saitek products, so I can't give you a recomendation on the rumble stick.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
immmm backkkkkk
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 05:06:14 PM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
one more thing.

is it common for anyone else to have to recalibrate thier sticks dozens of times while playing?

are both of these USB sticks?

I have an analog CH setup, but it is connected using  Gameport to USB adapters,  you need to  set your USB ports to be full time on/aware for your joystick if this is the case..........meaning not to come alive only when you have stick input or press a button.........

usually you can find this in settings/control panel/system for 98se, not sure of location on  winXP

some USB ports go to sleep when you do not have continous input,  say you flying along on auto and walk away to get a drink for an extended time........come back go to maneuver and BAM you find your stick has lost calibration.............hope this helps

also to many items using the same IRQ may cause you to inadvertantly lose calibration or  you have a worn out stick :D

where was my manners...welcome back DevilM :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2004, 05:11:37 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
immmm backkkkkk
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 06:04:00 PM »
I have a Saitek joystick (forgot the name of it, lol), and it's good enough that I haven't needed to calibrate it since I installed it.

It's the best joystick I've ever used... Still, I'm gonna buy a full CH setup, rudder pedals and all.

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
immmm backkkkkk
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2004, 06:51:46 PM »
Lol, nice try, I saw ya in arena the next day ")
j/k
« Last Edit: September 19, 2004, 07:26:46 PM by Cooley »
Cooleyof 367th

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
immmm backkkkkk
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004, 07:52:32 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
are both of these USB sticks?

I have an analog CH setup, but it is connected using  Gameport to USB adapters,  you need to  set your USB ports to be full time on/aware for your joystick if this is the case..........meaning not to come alive only when you have stick input or press a button.........

usually you can find this in settings/control panel/system for 98se, not sure of location on  winXP

some USB ports go to sleep when you do not have continous input,  say you flying along on auto and walk away to get a drink for an extended time........come back go to maneuver and BAM you find your stick has lost calibration.............hope this helps

also to many items using the same IRQ may cause you to inadvertantly lose calibration or  you have a worn out stick :D

where was my manners...welcome back DevilM :)

yes its usb, but you say this falling asleep thing happens even with usb?

if so im looking right now into my device manager settings for my usb's but dont see anything about full time setting

i have windows xp

but there is an option to allow windows to turn off this devise to save power in the usb 2.0 root hub properties.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2004, 07:59:53 PM by 68DevilM »

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
immmm backkkkkk
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2004, 08:02:10 PM »
Originally posted by Cooley
Lol, nice try, I saw ya in arena the next day ")
j/k

no your right, it wasnt the next day but a couple days later as just plain devilmac, but i begged ht for my game name back and i got it, with my history, but lost all my perks.

i also got charged twice this month becuase of this too, hmm wonder if i can get next months free?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
immmm backkkkkk
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2004, 08:17:14 PM »

i have windows xp

but there is an option to allow windows to turn off this devise to save power in the usb 2.0 root hub properties.

that is it I believe, you want it to be unchecked or  checked which ever one lets the power remain constant, I think default setting it is set to turn off to save power, this though I am not sure......

This should be doable for each USB port / maybe each Hub, when I get a chance I'll point you to the correct thread regarding this.it is on these boards
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
immmm backkkkkk
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2004, 08:31:21 PM »
cool ill uncheck em all! i think theres three of em, is this gonna mess anything up though? like over heat my computer.

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
immmm backkkkkk
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2004, 04:15:59 AM »
one more thing.

yea, as of late i have to re calibrate when i land. if not ill be flying out of control. i dont have a clue as to what is causing the stick to go out of wack.