Author Topic: Heads-up ... Gator bundle in RW returning  (Read 93 times)

Offline Tone

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dweebsofdeath.com
Heads-up ... Gator bundle in RW returning
« on: February 15, 2001, 03:06:00 PM »
I had removed the RW installer which incorporated a companion application called Gator Offer Companion from the RW site due to false positive warnings it was triggering in Norton Anti-Virus.  This has been fixed by Norton's latest definition files.

However, the main RW website is contractually obligated to offer Gator as a bundled app, so I have no choice but to revert to the installer which installs this companion application along with Roger Wilco.

I hope that this obligation soon runs its course, and that a more conventional revenue model is employed.  I have good reason to expect that this will happen, but it will take some time apparently.

HTC may still have a copy of the installer they were given when they licensed Roger Wilco... I imagine that they are welcome to offer this to AH flyers as long as they do not depict it as a voice tool for other games.

Shy of that:

1.  if anyone has questions about Gator, I'd direct you to the separate EULA it carried with it.  
2.  If you have trouble with uninstalling Gator I will try to help if you email me.

FYI, the gator-less installer does not mention Gator and is 350K in size.  The Gator-ful installer is 450K and explicitly and clearly mentions it before it is installed.

I hope you can understand my position and my regret in having to inform you that this toll which I know has angered some must be returned to service on the RW installer.

tone

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2001, 04:18:00 PM »
Thank you for the heads up Tone.

-Westy

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2001, 05:29:00 PM »
Thanks for the info Tone. Obviously your hands are tied in this matter.