Author Topic: Joystick mapping  (Read 318 times)

Offline Panzullo

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Joystick mapping
« on: September 17, 2004, 11:09:57 PM »
Please Help

I have a logitech extreme 3d pro  everything I do to map the buttons doesent seem to work. I follow the directions exactly.

The basic stick and fire buttons work but I can't map the rudders or the views.

Please help.

Steve

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Joystick mapping
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 10:10:43 AM »
I have the same stick. Shoot me an email to
topchef52@adelphia.net   I'm working today but we'll get you squared away tomorrow. I'll send you a stick.cfg and a jstick.cfg which are stick profiles you can then tweak as you wish.

DmdMax

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Joystick mapping
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 10:36:08 AM »
Panzullo...where are my manners :(   Welcome to AH2 :)

It just occurred to me that you may want to NOT wait till tomorrow to fix this problem. Try this: Go to SETUP>CONTROLS> JOYSTICK>SELECT JOYSTICK   Using your mousr cursor, highlight the Logictec Extreme Pro that shows up in the center window. Next click on the "set all inputs" button, then click on "set all buttons" button. Click on "Apply" and "OK"  

Now use "STICK MAP" to set the various input options to your stick buttons. You'll see a grid representing the buttons on your stick...press a stick button and the grid correspondant will darken. So what does that translate to? Say you want to use the main finger trigger to fire both primary and secondary weapons. Squeeze the trigger at the 1 button on the grid *should* darken.
So now you find the "fire both" command, darken button 1 and hit set input. Repeat till you have them all set.

Let me know how ya make out. Good luck!

DmdMax