Author Topic: kill or be killed  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
kill or be killed
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2000, 11:05:00 PM »
Bloom, I have adsl and haven't really had that problem, but a squaddie of mine has cable and he's experienced what you mention a bunch of times. I think he was on something like Road Runner (?) which he's come to firmly beleive is *not* good to be using to fly AH with. I dunno.

As far as the way in which the host calculates HO deaths/damage.... like I said.. pure speculation on my part.

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
kill or be killed
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2000, 11:25:00 AM »
Might be better to give no one the kill.....

The issue of HO's and fighter/bomber mutual kills might be put to rest.  

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
kill or be killed
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2000, 11:34:00 AM »
I have no problems with the HOs.
Those that want to avoid it do,those that dont fly Cannons    

------------------

-= Death From Behind =-

[This message has been edited by Wardog (edited 04-01-2000).]

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
kill or be killed
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2000, 08:53:00 PM »
its funny how some poeple whine when they get killed in a HO, i have allways wanted to know how only one plane fly's Ho well the other plane does not. a HO is where both planes fly straight at each other correct, so how can anybody complain about a HO they where part of.

Nash and Fariz, in WWII, pilots did not have the same number of sorties they have here, and as you both said, chance's are both would end up dead, but not in this game, i must have a faster connetion then most for i almost all ways end up dead, no chance to bail, no spinning out of controll, just dead, and i take the hits after i pass the on coming plane.  now if i have lite him up and seen a wing blasted off, why should i not get the kill when i know he either had to bail or went in with the plane. ( i just read what i had type up to this point and have more to say inregards to Nash), yes i do know about leading your appoinent or looking for an advantage point, but if there is not one there you go Ho, and dont try and tell me you or others dont do it, you just said you like the Ho's with the fools, and yes Fariz, i have lots to learn about flying, unlike you who started ut as an ace and can do know wrong at all, i must learn it all. i have to assume that Fariz and Nash must both have great score's and are battleing it out for first place in the ranking as you both have never been shot down you are so good at this game, well it seems to me i have at one time or another killed each of you great fighter ace's, and me having so much to learn about flying a fighter, we'll i geuss we all get luckie now and then. but i think you should learn to read a little bit better, this topic is not about HO's but more about the way credit for kills is handed out, kinda thing, yes i need to learn to spell and to word things right, but its clear enough what is been said here. speaking for myself, i have spent the money and have the fast connetion to prevent lag on my system and hopfully on other's system when they play, but because of this i dont get credit for kills i have made, where i died as well. and im sure some people dont like when they shoot me down and they die as well, but somebody else gets the credit just for been around. i know i have gotten credit for kills when im just taking off and not fired a shot, dont really want those kinda kills on my score sheet. i would like to look at my score and say yes i shot down all those planes, but i know i have not. i get a lot of kills just by been vulched and somebody slams into the dirt, woo hoo, a free kill, well i would rather give up the free kills and just take the ones i shot down. and i would be just as happy to go with what Minotaur has suggested, just as long as nobody gets the kill, im sure the cannon dweebs will not like that to much, slow connetion and cannons, get the kill everytime.

well i hoe to see a chage made, it would be better.  

blue skies all

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
kill or be killed
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2000, 09:46:00 PM »
Whooah boy. Don't get yer shirt in a knot there, champ <g>. You asked about the awarding of kills in an HO, and I gave you my best guess. Then you go on to tell Fariz to give his head a shake for suggesting that doing anything other than flying right for the HO is boneheaded. I disagree, and told you as much. Maybe if you tell me exactly what it is you want to hear, I can help ya out  

"i have to assume that Fariz and Nash must both have great score's and are battleing it out for first place in the ranking..."

Hehe - good one  

funked

kill or be killed
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2000, 09:51:00 PM »
If you killed a plane, you should get a kill, no matter what happened to you!!!!!!!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
kill or be killed
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2000, 10:21:00 PM »
Well...yah?

Like Pongo said:

"I would say it is one of the only things in the game that is not hotly contested, every one hates it."

Looking forward to when this same kinda thread pops up in two weeks. Then again in the next two weeks...ad nausium.  If ya can stomache the outcome of a HO, like WD fer example, then by all means do it. If ya can't though, please learn how to fly without them. This constant complaining about them is becoming a bore.

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
kill or be killed
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2000, 11:10:00 PM »

Originally posted by wolf37:
and yes Fariz, i have lots to learn about flying, unlike you who started ut as an ace and can do know wrong at all

LOL again. AH is my first and only online sym. I have not came here as an "ace" and still in many aspects can not match other guys, so every fight I am learning.

Fariz

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
kill or be killed
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2000, 07:47:00 PM »
hello again:

everybody thinks that it is only HO's that one gets the kill well the other does not,
not so, i have chased sombody, see there wing blown off, watching them spin downwards towards the ground, and get hit from behind and end up dead with out the chance to spin downwards towards the ground, so i dont get the kill i have just made, why.

some say that if you shoot up a plane and you die first, and that plane's pilot is working like hell to stay up or trying to land, it could take several mins before he eother bails or explodes, or crash. so what, if nobody else has shot at that pilot since i shot the hell out of him, why can'nt i have the kill. if somebody else shoots one round into that plane well then that pilot gets the kill.

here's a good example: you go after a b17 at 30000ft, you shoot him up real good, his wing is gone, he's going down, but he shot you up as well and your going down, the fighter almost always goes down faster then the bomber, he gets the credit, you can be happy to know your hq will stay up a bit longer, i think both pilots should get credit for the kills they have each made. as for neither get getting credit for have been shot down, well one might be able to land his plane, its very simple, you shoot me down and i shoot you down, when i bail, explode, or crash, you get the credit, and when you bail, explode, or crash, i get the credit. if i bail first and you get the credit and then somebody else pings you, then they get the credit for shooting you down.

another example:
i have been in b26 or b17, a fighter shows up and we shoot it out, i take lots of damage but can still fly sorta, the fighter runs out of ammo and decides to fly away, i dont see any more fighters and manage to fly my shot up buff for several mins and put distance between my self and the fighter, i even try to get down and hope to land, but the damage is to much and i either explode or have to bail, the pilot that did all this damage to me should get credit, but does not, (and i have worked at keeping buff up long enough to have this happen) so a pilot shot the hell out of me and does not get the credit for the kill because i was able to keep the plane in tacked just long enough to rip him off a kill. in all fairness, i do beleive he should get the credit, but as it is, i will try to rip him off. so it is not just HO's that this happens, it happens in other situations as well.

and for Nash and Fariz, i appoligize for attacking you on your views of this, i did ask for everybody to comment on what they think, there for i am sorry, thanks for your comments is what i should have said.

blue skies all

Offline Wraith

• Zinc Member
kill or be killed
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2000, 09:07:00 PM »

Originally posted by Nash:
Bloom, I have adsl and haven't really had that problem, but a squaddie of mine has cable and he's experienced what you mention a bunch of times. I think he was on something like Road Runner (?) which he's come to firmly beleive is *not* good to be using to fly AH with. I dunno.

As far as the way in which the host calculates HO deaths/damage.... like I said.. pure speculation on my part.

Odd.. I have ROADRUNNER Cable Modem and it runs mighty fine! MEEP MEEP!  

Tell your friend to download the latest registry fix from the roadrunner site, it boosts perfmance 60% (whoohoo).
-\/\/R/-\IT|-|

"The only two things that fall from the sky is manna from heaven, and your plane."

Offline tshred

• Copper Member
kill or be killed
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2000, 02:31:00 AM »
I agree, if you put the most ammo in him, you should get the kill even after you have died. It was that way in the first Beta version, but we had no manuever kills. Then I think it changed when they changed the code to add manuever kills. I think it works this way, you die before you get the credit, and the server looks for the nearest enemy to reward the kill to, just as it does when you manuever someone into the ground. And sometimes the manuever kill thing doesn't work. I've seen many planes auger zooming down to kill me, with no kill message, and I have died this way many times myself only to see no kill awarded to anyone. Think HTC needs to do some adjusting to the kill coding.

ts

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
kill or be killed
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2000, 04:15:00 AM »

Originally posted by tshred:
I agree, if you put the most ammo in him, you should get the kill even after you have died.

You can damage seriously a buff, get out of ammo and land to take off again. You climb again to get that buff and you see a mate terminating it. As reward, you have no kill neither assist. It seems that when you land, bail or get killed, your previous actions are completelly "erased". Perhaps this is ok when you are killed, but if you keep alive your actions should be recorded.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
kill or be killed
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2000, 08:03:00 PM »
:d