Author Topic: Dec. Contest  (Read 752 times)

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
Dec. Contest
« on: September 19, 2004, 06:59:55 PM »
So what is this event in December going to be about?

are all winners of KOTH going to fly for a trophy or plauqe or something?

I hope your holding it early in the month to avoid holiday issues?

Also .. if a previous winner wins a second KOTH .... does the 'runnerup' get a spot in Dec. KOTH fight?

For instance .. if i'd won last night ... maybe AWjager gets a spot since he got two rounds frist... and I won last month anyway? him being the 'runner-up' in this scenerio.

This would keep KOTH intresting for guys who've won them in past IMHO....

Is this a one time thing .. or are you planing on doing it for 12 KOTH winners over a year every Dec.?

thanks for the answers if you know em' :)

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Re: Dec. Contest
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 07:30:06 PM »
Originally posted by Manedew
So what is this event in December going to be about?

It is basically a "Tournament of Champions".  

are all winners of KOTH going to fly for a trophy or plauqe or something?

I have already got funding lined up through HTC for a prize...  The decision as to specifically what it will be has not been made, but it will be something for the wall or desk that is nice.

I hope your holding it early in the month to avoid holiday issues?

The date is not yet firm, but we are looking at December 18th as the tentative date...  2 or 3 PM EST so it is at a Euro Friendly time since it will include ALL the champions of BOTH events.

Also .. if a previous winner wins a second KOTH .... does the 'runnerup' get a spot in Dec. KOTH fight?

I like this idea Mane...  Grem & I have been discussing possible options as to who would be included in place of repeat winners.  We'll let you know, but this idea looks feasible.

Is this a one time thing .. or are you planing on doing it for 12 KOTH winners over a year every Dec.?

The thought here is to make it annual tournament...  Since it is the first ever, it will include ALL AH KoTH winners to date.  Or at least ALL that we have record of on the message boards...  They go back for a couple of years, so it should be very accurate.

Additionally:
  • It will be called King of The Hill, Tournament of Champions...
  • It will have a few unique options (still deciding specifically what)
  • It will be held annually in December and be open to the year's current winners, AND the defending champion.
That's all I can think of at the moment...  Questions or suggestions are welcome.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Dec. Contest
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 02:40:42 PM »
BM here is my email addy ice_nine_one@yahoo.com
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Dec. Contest
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 11:38:40 AM »
When the TOC KOTH starts again next year how about making the KOTH winners have to get one more match win next KOTH.
January's KOTH flies in February but would need 4 match wins. If you really want 12 guys, 24 with Euro I'm assuming, make it 5 match wins for previous KOTH winners. Bad part, it really would make them bigger targets and they might deceide to stop flying the remaining monthly events.
I wouldn't want to deprive them of the fun and excitement that KOTHs are.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Dec. Contest
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 08:49:07 PM »
Originally posted by fuze
When the TOC KOTH starts again next year how about making the KOTH winners have to get one more match win next KOTH.

Fuze...
Although I see the merit in your idea, I think that KoTH is about competing on a level playing field & may the best pilot win...  I think making different rules for previous winners would be similar to handicapping which gets away from KoTH's main premise.  Not to mention, any CM hosting would have to know ALL previous winners, what their handle was & IS, and also how many times they had won...  From my Point of View, a CMing nightmare...