Author Topic: Arlo Why don't more come to CT??????  (Read 1427 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Arlo Why don't more come to CT??????
« on: September 24, 2004, 02:09:40 PM »
Arlo,

Why don't more from the MA come to the CT? I've had the best fights in AH here since I opened my account in April last year. Last night I kept pinching myself thinking we were in the AW wayback days.:D By the way, you are baddd in that A5. I never knew you could keep it in a sustained turn that long.

Oh well just more fun for me if they are too scared to face you Arlo from the MA......heheheheee;)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

VWE

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 02:58:14 PM »
He aint that good... his little head is already too fat for his frame and u aint helping!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 03:11:34 PM »
SHHHHH...its a strategy. Get him so full of himslef and he'll be too busy looking at himself in the rear view mirror. Then I can just fly up behind him and go BOOOOOMMMMMM. Other wise he's just gonna shoot me down again.;)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Arlo Why don't more come to CT??????
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 04:12:33 PM »
Originally posted by bustr
Last night I kept pinching myself thinking we were in the AW wayback days

The CT is the closest anyone has come to duplicating the separate FR Fightertown arena that we had in about...1997-98?  Generally speaking, the fights are the best, and so are the people.

- oldman

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 05:17:27 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
He aint that good... his little head is already too fat for his frame and u aint helping!

Listen to VW .... I ain't. But this VW fella - he's the bestest. Always flys the inferior plane and racks up the kills. :D

Why don't more fly the CT? It's a different world, I reckon. Younger players comin' into the game that never once built a model of a P-40 or Wildcat and imagined themselves in the seat of the real thing. Gamers who equate AH to the gang mentality they're inundated with in school, music and on TV.

Well .... it's a theory, anyway. :lol

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 06:12:12 PM »
It's like the first time going to the range. Someone just has to take you. CT is worth it for the adhoc vox communication. You don't get that many people in the MA just start calling the cons out and adlib attack stratagys. The real time communication during fights is priceless. But what do I know anyway. I'm just one of those Ol'farts who used to play too much AW long time ago.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2004, 06:32:34 PM »
As Arlo has stated once before, AH lost a few people with the update to AH2. I also think that people are run off by the challenge of fighting in the CT. In the MA you can take a good plane (i.e Spits, Hurri) and fly them when ever they want. In the CT people have too learn strategy and know how too use your planes strengths against your opponet. I think it takes more skill too fly well in the CT than in the MA. Pluss I love the enviornment of the CT. Same people most of the time and u make some ggod friends.<> CT flyer's
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2004, 06:39:41 PM »
One other thing that may drive people off (and I thought I had a good voice):

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2004, 12:49:09 PM »
AMEN!!!

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2004, 01:16:06 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
One other thing that may drive people off (and I thought I had a good voice):

i concur with the picture.

you might want to think about joining Nsync.

You would be there new lead singer.  because both Nscsync and you suck at signing.:D
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2004, 02:44:56 PM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
i concur with the picture.

you might want to think about joining Nsync.

You would be there new lead singer.  because both Nscsync and you suck at signing.:D

Well ..... I freely admit .... signing isn't my strong suit:

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2004, 03:04:32 PM »
:rofl

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2004, 07:31:10 PM »
the main reason i do not fly in the ct is numbers,most times there is only 5 to 10 in there {and that is giving a few extras} and i just dont want to spend all my limited flight time trying to find something to shoot at,that and the old ct staff was very stale i understand that they are electing new ct staff,maybe ,just maybe someone will breathe some fresh air into the setups,a bob setup every other week gets lame,,,,,well new ct staff .....its up to u now
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2004, 08:21:49 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Well ..... I freely admit .... signing isn't my strong suit:

UGH! I hate sign language.....i ain't kidding!
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2004, 01:14:59 AM »
the main reason i do not fly in the ct is numbers,most times there is only 5 to 10 in there {and that is giving a few extras} and i just dont want to spend all my limited flight time trying to find something to shoot at,that and the old ct staff was very stale i understand that they are electing new ct staff,maybe ,just maybe someone will breathe some fresh air into the setups,a bob setup every other week gets lame,,,,,well new ct staff .....its up to u now

The BoB is not run every other week. The CT is usually the busiest at night with thursday night being the "prime time" for CT action. I dont know what times you can fly but try thursday nights to start with if you can.