Author Topic: Complaining how or what a person flys.  (Read 3030 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Complaining how or what a person flys.
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2004, 02:15:37 PM »
Originally posted by DipStick
A lone ANYTHING will work if there's less than 5 of them and they don't have alt. ;)

HAHAHA!

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Side Changers not a problem
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2004, 04:02:15 PM »
Gofaster,

It's not really a problem, they can only do it once a day.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2004, 06:21:39 PM »
>>Gofaster,

It's not really a problem, they can only do it once a day.<<

The annoying thing is WHEN they do it. Hehe, if the jump is timed just right, you can get 25 free perkies if you hang around long enough; just move on over to the side that is winning ;(

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2004, 08:58:24 AM »
Originally posted by Don
>>Gofaster,

It's not really a problem, they can only do it once a day.<<

The annoying thing is WHEN they do it. Hehe, if the jump is timed just right, you can get 25 free perkies if you hang around long enough; just move on over to the side that is winning ;(

WRONG ... you can change countries every 6 hours, but I believe that you still have to remain in a country for 12 hours to get the perks.

Even if HT did change it from 12 to 6, you still can't jump to a side just before a reset and collect the "Win the War" perks.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2004, 03:37:39 PM »
Interseting thing happened last night. I was in a 38 again and along comes this higher P-51D. The P-51 driver dives on me, I evade his first guns pass and watch for his zoom climb......which doesnt materialize and.....I CANT FIND HIM!!! ACK! I roll my 38 to the right a bit to check my low 6. Lo and behold there he was!! :rofl I turn into him, nose low, he follows, as we cross I reverse my turn to follow him, after about 3 nose low turns I am roughly 15 seconds from a kill shot, the P-51 driver wisely disengages and dives away.

This 51 driver (unlike the one I spoke of earlier) actually showed some aggressiveness and brain power. He knew exactly when to disengage and how, instead of making a single high speed pass and then running out of icon range, this guy actually tryed to fight, and he lived to tell about it. I didnt follow him home to vulch him landing like I did the other guy. I let him go because he tryed to fight, and he also flew smart. Sure, he took a huge gamble in trying to turn with me, but he was trying to do the unexpected and grab a quick kill. Nothing at all wrong with that :)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2004, 05:05:16 PM »
Nice Elfie, I wish that was the norm.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2004, 08:52:48 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
Interseting thing happened last night. I was in a 38 again and along comes this higher P-51D. The P-51 driver dives on me, I evade his first guns pass and watch for his zoom climb......which doesnt materialize and.....I CANT FIND HIM!!! ACK! I roll my 38 to the right a bit to check my low 6. Lo and behold there he was!! :rofl I turn into him, nose low, he follows, as we cross I reverse my turn to follow him, after about 3 nose low turns I am roughly 15 seconds from a kill shot, the P-51 driver wisely disengages and dives away.

This 51 driver (unlike the one I spoke of earlier) actually showed some aggressiveness and brain power. He knew exactly when to disengage and how, instead of making a single high speed pass and then running out of icon range, this guy actually tryed to fight, and he lived to tell about it. I didnt follow him home to vulch him landing like I did the other guy. I let him go because he tryed to fight, and he also flew smart. Sure, he took a huge gamble in trying to turn with me, but he was trying to do the unexpected and grab a quick kill. Nothing at all wrong with that :)

Wish my flight was like that last night.  I run into Fuse flying a Spitfire Mk IX with about 3,000ft advantage over me and he dives down for the merge and keeps on diving to the deck for the protection of a horde of his fellow Bish.  He then starts up on the radio telling me to come down off my perch and engage him.  Timid.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song