Author Topic: Attention Aussie, Kiwi and Brit players  (Read 658 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Attention Aussie, Kiwi and Brit players
« on: September 30, 2004, 12:56:01 AM »
The Allied forces in the upcoming event "Rangoon `42" is still looking for group leaders for the Australian, New Zealand and RAF squadrons.

The Australian group, 21 Sqdn., is comprised of one squadron of 12 FM2s (in place of Buffalos).

The New Zealand group, 488 Sqdn., is comprised of one squadron of 12 F4F-4s (in place of Buffalos).

(Don't ask why 2 different variants. Or do - but ask DoK ;))

And the RAF group is comprised of 2 squadrons, 67 Sqdn. and 453 Sqdn. (one Spitfire I, one Hurricane I)

Please consider stepping up and leading these forces in this event. You would be welcome. (And dammit, I freely admit, that your accents on vox would sure help immersion*) :lol

Seriously, though. Please check this out:

http://www.jollyrogers.info/Rangoon_42.html

* 6 slots per squadron are open for pre-registering by existing AH squadrons. The remaining 6 slots in each squadron will be kept open as individual registration slots.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 02:46:54 AM by Arlo »

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 04:38:27 AM »
Like to help you Arlo , but the time difference is a problem. Saturday night scenario's are usually mid morning to early afternoon Sunday for us.

With kids and stuff , it's really hard to commit to that time in advance , which you need to do to be SL    etc.

Love to fly a few frames as a walk-on if I can though.

Just teach em all to say "giddaye , she'll be rite , no worries mate"  and you'll get the required immersion factor  ;)
I come from a land downunder

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 06:14:40 AM »
Dok told me SBDs were subbing as Buffalos.    What gives?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 06:49:41 AM »
Actually, they are .... but they're our second line aircraft.

When I say "In place of Buffalos" I mean that those squadrons historically had Buffalos at the time. In this scenario they managed to get something else. Still not exactly sure why one gets FM2s and one gets F4Fs but mine is not to reason why and all that ... etc ... etc ...

(The RAF squadrons had Buffalos, as well)

Offline SteffK

• Silver Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 07:20:21 AM »
Have posted details on the Rangoon board today, when will I hear?
Steff K
This is the Flag of my Country!
This is the Flag of St George!!!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 07:46:43 AM »
Hi Steff,

The position you applied for was, unfortunately, already filled. I noticed your stats and it seems like you're holding your own pretty well in the MA there. Have you ever participated in an organized scenario before? I think you're in for a real treat flying in Rangoon `42. I'm currently looking for staff and group leaders that have at least some experience in scenarios. We all start somewhere, though and your participation is certainly welcome.

If you want, though, you can send me an email that covers what experience you have leading and organizing missions and how much experience you have in the following planes:

P40b
FM2
F4F-4
Hurricane I
Spitfire I

Those are the only groups that have GL and FL positions currently open. I planned to fill GL slots via request by players that I've seen fill similar positions in the past and they will be picking their own FL so the P40b FL position will really be up to Octavius.

Generally I make such applications a "first come - first served" basis, but I really didn't anticipate someone applying for GL or staff who hasn't been at least an FL in an event before. Once I receive your email, I'll go over it with my staff (still in formation itself) and see if we can find something for you. Enthusiasm and a willingness to take a position of responsibility right off the bat are certainly attributes I prefer to foster in others.

Offline RTGorkle

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 09:46:10 AM »
Arlo, I don't think I have the time (or recent leadership experience) to commit to a command position - same excuses as Redd. Would love to be involved though. Will check with the War Office to see if I'm allowed :)

Ain't been in a scenario since this one on the Australian Airwarrior host in 1995 - http://www.itga.com.au/~gnb/AW/Scenarios/nite-desc.txt

Hey Steff, you can be my trusty assistant who comes running out to wipe my brow as I step heroically from the cockpit after clearing the skies of bandits.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2004, 10:07:54 AM »
Would be great to have you, Gork. :D

Offline SteffK

• Silver Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2004, 11:27:37 AM »
Then I don't mind being a FL or GL, if at all possible. TY

Gorkle, Will I Bo**oxs!!!! :rofl
Steff K
This is the Flag of St George!!!

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2004, 11:48:50 AM »
Originally posted by oboe
Dok told me SBDs were subbing as Buffalos.    What gives?

SDB's for Buffalos and Vals for Nates. Look up the stats - speed, gunnery, climb are closer than you'd think. Only difference really is the size of the beasts - but they handle a lot like what I've read about.

It was either put people in second line planes when their front-line planes get shot down, or make people stand down. Jordi convinced me it's better to let people fly something - anything - than sit out. So as long as you can manage to not get shot down quicker than front-line replacements arrive, you'll never have to fly a SBD/Val.

Attrition rules are one of the trickiest things to get into an event. But without them things just don't turn out right. Losing your plane has to mean something more than points. And I'm trying a concept here to not only reflect attrition, but also add some nice "fog of war" to the mix.

Offline Hammy

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.leedsstarafc.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2004, 12:21:51 PM »
I'll play :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2004, 07:41:24 PM »
Any GLs want some eager FLs? I see a couple of Lts eager to prove their leadership skills.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2004, 06:53:24 PM »
I'm willing to help out in any of the groups, ride is only a minor consideration.  :cool:

Offline SC-Sp00k

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2004, 02:26:03 AM »
I would like real RAAF planes. IM guessing the RAAF isnt important enough for popular interest to warrant it.

Hence Ill sit it out and play American again. (I can even do the accent :)

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2004, 04:09:11 AM »
Originally posted by SC-Sp00k
I would like real RAAF planes. IM guessing the RAAF isnt important enough for popular interest to warrant it.

Hence Ill sit it out and play American again. (I can even do the accent :)

You mean skins or planes? The planes we have as close as we can get - near as I can tell they flew Buffalo's during the battle. The F4F/FM2 is the AH equivalent to face off against a Zeke. And we may have RAAF and RNZAF skins in time ... just can't guarantee it.