Author Topic: Manchester, England?  (Read 375 times)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Manchester, England?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2004, 01:09:02 PM »
Furball is a soft southern type. Where the beer is expensive and the people are miserable b'stards even in summer.

Northerners are by contrast friendly and welcoming... unless you happen to be from London.

Cricket is a great game to watch if you just want to spend a summer afternoon getting drunk at a leisurely pace. The rules are largely irrelevant.

Manchester has the curry mile. Arguably the best curry restaurants in the UK.

Don't go and watch Manchester United - their fans are prawn sandwich eating fair weather fans for the most part... and the rest are southerners.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Manchester, England?
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2004, 01:10:27 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Furball is a soft southern type. Where the beer is expensive and the people are miserable b'stards even in summer.

Bah Humbug!! :D
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Manchester, England?
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2004, 01:11:33 PM »
It is the truth. ;)
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Manchester, England?
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2004, 01:19:36 PM »

Cricket is a great game to watch if you just want to spend a summer afternoon getting drunk at a leisurely pace. The rules are largely irrelevant.

I've always suspected this to be the case.

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
Manchester, England?
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2004, 01:40:09 PM »
Cricket is great, playing I mean not watching. You go on, get bowled out for a duck. Then return to your seat drink Pimms and ginger ale on ice, do a bit of fielding. Sit down drink more Pimms. Applaud a fellow's splendid six and drink more Pimms.  A very pleasant afternoon. But there won't be any cricket in November anyway.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Manchester, England?
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2004, 03:53:29 PM »

Sounds like fishing.  :D

I'll keep it in mind next summer, England is on our list for vacation next year.