Author Topic: Bush’s lead in poll has evaporated.  (Read 2489 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Bush’s lead in poll has evaporated.
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2004, 11:19:24 AM »
so tweety.... who do you want to appoint the next supreme court judges?

lazs

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2004, 11:27:09 AM »
I don't care. I know I'm not afraid a being beat up if I have to go to school with latinos, nor am I afraid my son will start wearing a dress if two guys in San Francisco have a ceremony.

But then I ain't the cowardly type. I can understand the shutins cowering under beds hoping big bad Bush will keep them safe from the world. They've been fear mongered into paralysis.

Again- a coward dies a thousand deaths etc...

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2004, 11:28:56 AM »
here is another one supposedly updated as recently as today

the kerry folks will enjoy.
But they will hate what they see if they click on "Projected final map"
http://www.electoral-vote.com/
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2004, 02:25:15 PM »
so tweety... you think that supreme court judges only rule on gay marriage?   or what was it?  if it is ok for "latinos" to beat up on whites at school?   or... that liberalism equates to courage?

Not sure what your point is.    What is it that you think kerrie will do for you or.... what do you think liberal supreme court judges will do to make your life and the country better?   What is it abiut the constitution that you feel should be changed?

it would appear that at this point in time Bush would win with close to 300 electorial votes.

lazs

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2004, 03:05:22 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2

NJ is shocking
lazs

When you consider what this clown has done since in office its not really surprising at all.

bout half of his appointments and financial supporters have been connected to curruption or organised crime. (All Democrats)
Including the guy he appionted to be head of the State troopers

And one guy he imported from Isreal then appointed for NJ homeland security Turned out not only be unqualified for the job but in the end also turned out to be the same person he was having a gay affair with.

Basically he was connected in one way or another to one fiasco after another and has the lowest approval rating of probably anyone in the states history.

Now he's resigning after the presidential electioon which in my opinion only helps the republican party because it only keeps the subject alive till after he leaves whereas had he immediately resigned it would probably have been mostly forgotten by now due to the same affliction therest of the country seems to have.
that is . A short attention span
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2004, 03:34:18 PM »
Yes... those are good reasons I suppose.... I guess the whole trend ios kinda shocking... states that were solidly in the blue for the democrats with even a loser like gore are now in Bush's column or toss ups.   the trend is very bad for kerrie... he appears to have little chance at this point.   gaining a little ground in solid kerrie states and losing in the important swing states.... overall, the popular vote seems to reamain about the same also with a solid Bush lead....

Bush will have to literaly Implode in order to lose at this point it seems...or as my liberal brother contends.... the actor that is taking Bush's place while the real Bush is in a stress induced comma hidden awya in the white house.... well... that actor will have to be exposed.

Allomost any event I can concieve of short of a complete gas shortage will only strengthen Bush at this point.

lazs

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2004, 06:25:01 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Statistically speaking of course
:D
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2004, 06:47:27 PM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
I don't care. I know I'm not afraid a being beat up if I have to go to school with latinos, nor am I afraid my son will start wearing a dress if two guys in San Francisco have a ceremony.

But then I ain't the cowardly type. I can understand the shutins cowering under beds hoping big bad Bush will keep them safe from the world. They've been fear mongered into paralysis.

Again- a coward dies a thousand deaths etc...

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2004, 07:44:04 PM »
Laz, I'm not going to get into the stupid game of "liberal' vs "conservative."

The battle is more accurately decribed as progressive vs regressive.

The regressive crowd is against any change for one reason - FEAR. They are afraid of change - any change. Societies don't survive in a stagnant state, they fall or they progress.

I am so sorry the many shrinking violets would  love for the U.S. to remain in the Bandstand years, but life goes on - societies go on and progress. So hold up under the bed and long for the days of Dick Clark if you like, and stagnate. I plan to try to keep step in the world.

"Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled" - Dylan

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2004, 07:51:00 PM »
I plan to try to keep step in the world.

Kudos....

If you're not growing, you're dying. It's sad to see people in the street that look completely stuck in a certain era. Or saying "Skynard rules." You can tell something about a person by it. It's like a time capsule... It is the tangible expression of the moment that they chose to start dying.

As far as political expression is concerned, Archie Bunker comes to mind.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2004, 07:54:30 PM »
Every generation fancies themselves "progressive". Change isn't always better.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2004, 07:59:39 PM »
If you simply look at a biology text, you'll find change is *required*
When you stop, you die.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2004, 08:04:19 PM »
If you simply look at a biology text, you'll find change is *required*
When you stop, you die.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2004, 10:24:14 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
You mean thats only one point he could have attacked on.
there are a bunch of others.

Kerry won the debate. but I think bush did more to loose it then Kerry did ot win it.
Kery was certainly vulnerable on a number of issues. Bush just didnt exploit them

again couldnt agree with you more.  ANYONE could see the set up in some of Kerry's statements and did nothing.  Other than his speaking skills kerry didn't impress me one bit with his answers....or the content there of.  

You can mark my words.  This election is going to be one by the lawyers in a court room......not the people in voting booths.

Both partys in every state have TEAMS of lawyers ready to pounce at the validity of the election results.

In some states it is actually the judges that can decide wich canidate to give the state's electoral votes to.  Pretty scary if you ask me.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2004, 12:46:43 AM »
Bush/Cheney 2004

Nothing more to add to this discussion
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns