Author Topic: Storch...  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Storch...
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2004, 07:20:33 PM »
Originally posted by Bear76
Been flying the CT and MA for 3 years. Not sure what taking the piss means. Must be a UK thing.:D

"taking the piss" We use it a lot down here also ,  must have got it from our pommie forefathers. Actually taking the piss out of someone is almost a national pastime.

the same as  "having a lend of them"  "taking the mickey out of them"

generally it's known here for poking fun at someone who's taking themselves way too seriously ;)

It's not used in the US at all ? You forget sometimes which expressions are used over there and not used, guys on vox must really struggle sometimes to understand what the hell i'm talking about.
I come from a land downunder

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Storch...
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2004, 07:32:49 PM »
Originally posted by Bear76
Ah, now I understand your name. Furball is a cat. You look like you're enjoying yourself:D

Hey I have a cat named Furball, at least the one in the picture is gettin some. Mine is 9 years old and never had any. We had his drop tanks removed by the vet.....:)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Storch...
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2004, 08:43:06 PM »
guys on vox must really struggle sometimes to understand what the hell i'm talking about.

Only half the time:D

We had his drop tanks removed by the vet.....

:rofl

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Storch...
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2004, 04:33:28 PM »
Redd,

Thanks for the clarification. I been listening to Telstar for two years and thought I'd heard them all. If furball knew me he'd know I'm the last one to take myself to serious. But then I can't remember the last time I've seen him in the CT.:lol