Author Topic: An observation  (Read 961 times)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
An observation
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2004, 10:12:39 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
Oh ... didn't used to be ... used to be that to move a squad you had to disband and then reconsititute in the new country.

When I came back to online gaming after an 8 year hiatus, I decided to make it a principle to always fly for the side with the least numbers. I was not originally interested in a squad because I know the pull to stay "loyal" to the squad, and suspicion from others regularly on the opposing side that would make side switching more difficult.

I (re)started the Gunfighters with the only purpose (IE no organized squad nights and such) that it be made up of players dedicated to switching sides to even up the sides. I wanted Oldman right away, but he was leery at first as, from what I understand,  he had some bad experiences with squads in the past and didnt want the hassle. Once he saw that we always seemed to be on the same side anyway he finally relented to my determined attempts to get him to join.

Now, I would like to think at least in part from the example of the Gunfighters, some other respected CT players have started talking about creating another non-aligned squad with the general idea to switch to even numbers. I think this alone can have a large impact on making the CT a more enjoyable place for eveyone envolved, and eliminate much of the ill will. Allied and Axis squads have their place too and are a good thing for the CT, but dedicated side switchers will help.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
An observation
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2004, 10:30:20 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
If you could manage to hide the true nature of your "benevolence to others" ... you'd probably be reading the read me file on how to operate the CT arena right now. :D

Sorry I call it as I see it even if that means being blacklisted.  CT staff was lacking, I'm not the only one that saw it, tried other approachs but none worked till I started pointing out the brutal truth.  Sorry that offended you.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
An observation
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2004, 02:54:42 AM »
Originally posted by TheBug
Sorry I call it as I see it even if that means being blacklisted.  CT staff was lacking, I'm not the only one that saw it, tried other approachs but none worked till I started pointing out the brutal truth.  Sorry that offended you.

Try that again but replace "call it as I see it" with "obsessively carry on about things"and "offended" with "amused." I don't want to leave you with a false impression ... of you or me. :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
An observation
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2004, 02:58:33 AM »
Originally posted by Grits
Now, I would like to think at least in part from the example of the Gunfighters, some other respected CT players have started talking about creating another non-aligned squad with the general idea to switch to even numbers. I think this alone can have a large impact on making the CT a more enjoyable place for eveyone envolved, and eliminate much of the ill will. Allied and Axis squads have their place too and are a good thing for the CT, but dedicated side switchers will help.

Now see ...

THAT has the ring of truth and legitimacy to it. And it doesn't involve over-inflating one's own perceived self-worth to make up for inadequacies and indiscretions. Buggie ... take note. Learning this fundimental social interaction skill will help you get the magic buttons.