Author Topic: First IL2 FB Movie Attempt  (Read 1163 times)

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
First IL2 FB Movie Attempt
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2004, 11:06:51 AM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
Is Aces High not good enough for ya? why mix Aces high with Fb as well? why not have it all Aces High?

Honestly because using the film viewer in AH2 is really a pain in the _____ .  Many more options for camera views and camera set ups in IL-2.  I have made some threads to that effect, but I don't think it is high up on HTC board of importance.  Hopefully in the future they will fix it.

I guess they could post it to the UBI message boards but it's just as easy to post it here, if you don't know how to get to it.  I myself post it on both when I do an IL-2 film.  I know a lot of guys in AH don't surf the UBI boards... and in posting here I want their opinion on it.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2004, 11:11:50 AM »
Originally posted by o0Stream140o
Honestly because using the film viewer in AH2 is really a pain in the _____ .  Many more options for camera views and camera set ups in IL-2.  I have made some threads to that effect, but I don't think it is high up on HTC board of importance.  Hopefully in the future they will fix it.

I guess they could post it to the UBI message boards but it's just as easy to post it here, if you don't know how to get to it.  I myself post it on both when I do an IL-2 film.  I know a lot of guys in AH don't surf the UBI boards... and in posting here I want their opinion on it.

fair enough Stream, I glad you did not take it as a hate thread, love your movies dude! :)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2004, 11:19:01 AM »
Originally posted by mechanic
ok, so what is fraps??

Fraps is a screen capturing program that records what is showing on the monitor.  You can save the game res up to, I think it is, 1024 x 768. The best screen res is 640 x 480.  Just watch out how long you record because it will get up into the GB.  Then from there you can compress it to the codec you want.  Uncompressed codec will eat up memory. You get good quality but you suffer loosing memory in your computer.

You can get the Fraps program at http://www.fraps.com.  It has a free version that doesn't record sound (1.9) and a purchased version (2.0) that you can record sound.  

With that in mind you might want to look into getting Virtual Dub where you can compress the video to the codec you want.  There are many out there.  The most used ones are Divx and Xivd, both avaible at http://www.divx.com.. There are a lot of codec's out there that you can experiment with.  There are a lot of add in filters with Virtual Dub that you can make your movie better.

After all that just import it to your video editing software... it's as easy as that.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 11:22:26 AM by o0Stream140o »

Offline o0Stream140o

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2004, 11:26:44 AM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
fair enough Stream, I glad you did not take it as a hate thread, love your movies dude! :)

Naa... I am not that way.  I like making for you guys to enjoy.  I am doing a project now that is a dedication to the 325th.  I see it being almost 8 to 10 minutes long.  3 of the actual 325th pilots will see it so I want it to be perfect.  I am using IL-2 to do it.  

If anyone flies Hyperlobby, and wants to be an actor in it, I could use all the actors I can get.  Right now I need 12 pilots for the lauch scene.  You can email me here at ColonelStream14 (at) virtualcheckertails.com

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2004, 05:11:22 PM »
If Aces High allowed external views on line for fighters, would it be easier to make a good Aces High movie?  

I've always thought Aces High is shooting itself in the foot by not allowing external viewing on line.  After all, that is the best visual depiction of the entire Aces High experience.  

Seems as if could make some great Aces High flicks and attract more customers whose main kicks are external views and movies.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2004, 02:59:38 AM »
Skip,

Drop by the 4wing when u get a chance.

Wolf

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2004, 06:16:02 PM »
Number one reason why you dont see many AH movies and more IL2 FB movies and other sims....

Because other sims have 10x better eye candy, period.

Thanks for viewing my movie, would like to leave it open for suggestions and/or questions regarding film making.
Mak