Author Topic: Swimming Thread  (Read 760 times)

storch

Swimming Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2004, 10:44:50 PM »
Congratulations,  just out of curiosity, what is your current time in the 100m free?

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
Swimming Thread
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2004, 07:42:17 AM »
I have not timed myself in the 100 since last spring. When I was a kid I could do 59 but last spring I did a 1:06. Keep in mind I am swimming for distance and fitness now and not sprints.

I would guess now I am probably at 1:04 or so.

The coach says with work it is possible to get back to high school times so who knows. I will see this season.

Do you swim?

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Swimming Thread
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2004, 08:27:43 AM »
Excellent times Habu.

BTW my nephew is swimming for Columbia this year. He had a few scholarship offers, but he wanted to go Ivy League so his parents could fork out much more money.

storch

Swimming Thread
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2004, 08:29:43 AM »
yup and am just as slow as you. 1:04 free last time I was timed  lol.  Still I guess that's not a bad time for a 48yr old.  How many strokes are you taking per breath?
I live on a lake and try to swim about 30 minutes a day.

I was on my highschool's swimming team and played waterpolo as well.

I mostly spearfish now and occasionally surf when we have nice winter conditions but the nearest place for consistent ridable waves for us here is FT. Pierce which is about 2hrs. North of us so when the conditions are favorable we go up coast for a few days.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2004, 08:31:50 AM by storch »

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Swimming Thread
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2004, 08:45:47 AM »
When I was in my teens in the USCG, I swam like a fish. I made rescue swims in the open ocean. Today, 200,000 cigarettes, 350 gallons of whiskey and 60 lbs later...I'm lucky to swim to the other side of the jacuzzi.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
Swimming Thread
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2004, 02:47:11 PM »
lolo..other side of the jacuzzi..dont forget ur water wings: )

any1 here ever see a spa heated and powered by a honda engine?

btw habu..that is one hell of a swimming coemback

Love
BiGB
xoxo

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Swimming Thread
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2004, 02:49:50 PM »
Swim every Saturday with the kids at the City pool except during the summer months, where we do alot of water sports (knee boarding, water skiing, wake boarding, etc.)

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
Swimming Thread
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2004, 05:04:12 PM »
This week my old Triathlon group is ending for the season and the new Masters group is just into the first weeks of its season so I have had a workout  Sun Mon Tues Wed and one tomorrow. I ache all over and am tired but feel great.

Storch I breath depending on the distance and pace.

For a 200 race I breath every stroke. For a 50 sprint maybe 1 or two on the way down and every other stroke on the way back.

Do you race in a Masters league?

storch

Swimming Thread
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2004, 06:40:30 PM »
I race my son in the lake,  he usually beats me soundly.  The narrow part of the lake is about 100M  if you click on my profile you can see a photo of the lake.  At a nearby county park the local highschool swim team was holding a practice session. I asked the coach if after practice he would time me in the 100 and he did.  1:04

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Swimming Thread
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2004, 06:54:21 PM »
Storch swam here from Cuba.

storch

Swimming Thread
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2004, 07:27:29 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
Storch swam here from Cuba.

Nope I came over in a DC-3