Author Topic: Inter... lag killing me , some help please?  (Read 1136 times)

Offline terracota

• Zinc Member
      • http://members.fortunecity.com/terracota
Inter... lag killing me , some help please?
« on: July 04, 2000, 03:16:00 PM »
hello ,
I have a problem with all this stuff about the internet lag, I readed that the planes behind you are closes like they really are.
ok thats fine because the inter lag, but my confusion is that if I shot a plane all the time I will miss because they are not there anymore, but I have shoted down some bugies, so? this just happens when you have a bandit at your six?
one more: when I shot down somebody I cant see any smoke or damage to the enemy plane, but when I watch my back about 2 seconds later them I see the smoke or the explotion, etc, ok if everything happens 2 or more seconds later how is that I have shoted some guys? if Im shoting to nothing because they'r not there anymore. and I can confirm that because the last sunday when the internet traffic here is very good, I shoted a guy and finally I saw my first kill with smoke and everything in realtime with no time delay.
and the last one: when I go to a merge with other guy and he tries a H2h shot I try to avoid this but allway I has been shoted, and after the kill I ask my self how he shoted me if we had a big vertical or lateral separation, and I reallized that was the damn lag.
how you guys deal with it? somebody there can help please?

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2000, 04:42:00 PM »
If you seeing a 2 second delay then you'll have about 1.5 - 2 sec ping time. A ping time that big is terrible.

Try pinging beta.hitechcreations.com and see what sort of ping time you get. You should be under 300 ms to get a good connect. I get about 450 ms which is still playable and i dont get much warping. The ping should also have 0% packet loss.

If you get too big a ping time, then try pinging alt.hitechcreations.com and see if thats any better. If it is then use that route when connecting - this is done by selecting "main arena alt route verio" when you are at the select arena screen at start up.

If its still bad do a traceroute to the above hosts and post it in the internet connectivity forum on this board. You can get traceroute programs from www.shareware.com  or www.tucows.com  or similar.

------------------
Overlord Spatula

if you adhere to all the rules you miss out on all the fun

=357th Pony Express=

[This message has been edited by Spatula (edited 07-04-2000).]
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2000, 01:35:00 PM »
Actually even with good ping times you can still have quite a bit of difference between what you see on your FE & what he see's.

I've been flying in formation and had guys tell me the dist behind me they are and see 4 to 600 yard discrepancy's. Both of us with good pings.

However, as long as your FE "See's" you hit the other guy, and the packets get through he will take the hits.

Offline terracota

• Zinc Member
      • http://members.fortunecity.com/terracota
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2000, 10:16:00 AM »
well thank's to both of you guys I allways get help from you  

Ok now is more clear, and this means that if I dont see any warp there is allways a distance difference.

see ya