Author Topic: Bomber damage transfering to drones  (Read 462 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Bomber damage transfering to drones
« on: September 29, 2004, 10:28:57 AM »
Last night I flew a long B-17G mission and on the return leg I came under attack by enemy fighters, losing my #2 and #3 engines, the tail turret, a waist gun, the right flap and both remaining fuel tanks punctured.  I had ~20 minutes of fuel left at cruise revs when the fighters attacked.  Once the fight began I went to full power.  After the fight was over I had 13,000ft of altitude left when the engines quit due to lack of fuel, so I decided to try to glide to safety.

After it became apparent that I would not be able to glide to the base I bailed out of the #1 bomber.  The #2 bomber's damage list was identical to the #1 bomber's list and it had no fuel.  So I bailed out and into the #3 bomber.  The #3 bomber had no damage listed, but also had no fuel.  I was unable to get any of the bombers to the base.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Re: Bomber damage transfering to drones
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 04:29:41 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Last night I flew a long B-17G mission and on the return leg I came under attack by enemy fighters, losing my #2 and #3 engines, the tail turret, a waist gun, the right flap and both remaining fuel tanks punctured.  I had ~20 minutes of fuel left at cruise revs when the fighters attacked.  Once the fight began I went to full power.  After the fight was over I had 13,000ft of altitude left when the engines quit due to lack of fuel, so I decided to try to glide to safety.

After it became apparent that I would not be able to glide to the base I bailed out of the #1 bomber.  The #2 bomber's damage list was identical to the #1 bomber's list and it had no fuel.  So I bailed out and into the #3 bomber.  The #3 bomber had no damage listed, but also had no fuel.  I was unable to get any of the bombers to the base.

cant believe this bug is still in the game......but then fighters take piority it seems :rolleyes:
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 07:16:35 PM »
Fighters, attackers, bombers, then GVs. :rolleyes: :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 07:21:38 PM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
Fighters, attackers, bombers, then GVs. :rolleyes: :D

yup ;)

although its more like

Fighters, attackers, Fighters,  bombers, Fighters,  then GVs.

;)
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline hulk31st

• Copper Member
When will this be fixed?
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 11:33:40 AM »
When will this bomber bug be fixed?

Please?
Tunisia 1944 Scenario Participant

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 01:21:17 AM »
Been wondering that too.  When its fixed, I'll consider re-upping my subscription ;)

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2004, 09:41:59 AM »
It transfers from drones to the lead plane too. The other night I set fire to a Lanc's Rt. wing on the #3 drone. The #2 drone was already dead. I stood off and watched, when #3 exploded the fire immediately jumped to the lead Lanc's right wing. A minute or so later he blew up too.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004, 11:24:12 AM »
I agree that it is an annoying bug.

But not as annoying as this!:D

Climb to 20K in Lancs to heavily defended large base.
Make a perfect drop to knock out 4 fhs on large pad.
Make a careful manual turn and set up for angle on 3 fhs on small pad, gauging distances and SA to fighters IB
Make another calibration
Drop at perfect angle & hop into top gun to intercept 190 diving in.
You forget that bombs will not detonate if you fire from gunners position before impact - after you fire guns to protect yourself.

Gawd I hope this bug gets fixed!