Author Topic: Stick scaling / calibration  (Read 581 times)

Offline Kaiser

• Zinc Member
Stick scaling / calibration
« on: October 17, 2004, 05:57:41 PM »
all
Who can give me the wisdom how to perfectly calibrate/scale my Logitech Freedom 2.4?
Are there any pre-set calibration's out there? (besides Ack's which is only a link to a news website...)
Thanks a lot.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 12:18:16 AM »
The best calibration for a logitech is when it's in a trash can shattered into tiny pieces.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 01:22:46 AM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
The best calibration for a logitech is when it's in a trash can shattered into tiny pieces.

Missed the best part of that calibration scenario.  The part where you get to throw it on the ground and jump up and down on it.  Thats how you get it into those tiny pieces.  THEN you throw it in the trash.  Calibration complete.  :D

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Stick scaling / calibration
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 09:25:08 AM »
Originally posted by Kaiser
all
Who can give me the wisdom how to perfectly calibrate/scale my Logitech Freedom 2.4?
Are there any pre-set calibration's out there? (besides Ack's which is only a link to a news website...)
Thanks a lot.

Kaiser,
do not take people on these boards to seriously, alot of them are blowing smoke!

as for your calibration, this is the same for everyone, calibrate in windows, then calibrate in the game.

stick scaling is something you will need to do by trial and error.......

most of the top guns fly with their scaale sliders set to 100% across the top on all axis ( pitch, roll, rudder, etc...)

some fly with a sweeping curve from left to right ( sort of like the right half of the letter U ) to where you start out at 0 on the left and gradually let the sliders sweep up to 100% on the right...

here is a link you can read up on it about:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/ahhelp/jssetup.html
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline xHaMmeRx

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.netaces.org
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 10:10:07 AM »
My take on Joystick Calibration.

Hope it helps!

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 04:47:42 PM »
Nice summary, Hammer, thanks.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous