Author Topic: Took some cool pics last night of a Russian AN-124 cargo plane  (Read 301 times)

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Took some cool pics last night of a Russian AN-124 cargo plane
« on: October 28, 2004, 09:08:17 AM »
Had to head out to the airport last night to observe a cargo transfer from one of those planes onto one of our trucks.  Was a pretty cool thing to see.  That plane is ***** huge....and from what they were saying its not the big one.  There is an AN-224 or something that is even bigger.  My customer told me that it cost him $317000 to get that plane to fly his freight over here from Leeds, UK.  But by doing so, he gets his equipment on the ocean floor 2 weeks earlier generating up to $100000 per day.  The piece in the pics is called a christmas tree and its used in undersea oil drilling.  

Someone give me the address so that I can post some of the pics here.

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 09:47:28 AM »
Tell him to fly over about ten more and start pumping NOW...!  I just paid $1.95 a gallon for fuel oil...!!!! :D

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 09:48:20 AM »

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 11:12:35 AM »
OK...I uploaded them to the picture hangar site, but I am clueless as to how to make them show up here.  I must be the new Skernsk of the FDBs.

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 11:21:38 AM »
This is the big one An-225.  This photo was taken by a friend of mine.  It often travels to the USA via Shannon in Ireland.
I saw it once at the Farnborough airshow. Those outer engines blew away half the runway lights and flattened some of the spectators.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2004, 11:23:40 AM by cpxxx »

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 11:27:34 AM »
Damn Sling, you are indeed a retard.  Hell, the picture hangar even gives you the actual link, with the image tags already on it, to post here!  Consider yourself on discipline, report to the Gordo room immediately!

Tardstructions:
1. Log in to Picture Hangar,
2. Click on "My Collection" link,
3. Locate picture,
4. Click on "Image" link that is directly below picture you located in Step 3,
5. Copy the IMG link that shows up in the text box below the image link you clicked on in Step 4,
6. Paste that into a post here.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 11:49:04 AM »

This is the piece of equipment we had to unload and haul to Louisiana.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 11:51:12 AM »

And these are of the plane.

Thanks SOB....I love you....in a manly type of way of course.

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2004, 07:02:51 AM »
I was never that stupid sling ... you've surpassed even me.  Sad that the FDB's have gone downhill.  The old FDB's would have given skuzzy a BBS wedgie by now:confused:

Nice pics, glad that you are still gainfully employed.  Lucky for you linking pics is not a job requirement............ :lol

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2004, 07:31:33 AM »
in eighties a Finnish construction firm did rent Antonovs to haul building materials behind the Ural mountains in Russia when they were building apartments for soldiers  returning from eastern europe.
It was cheapier to fly them there than send same stuff two - three times after earlier materials disappeared when on route to there via trains / trucks.
Some smaller planes were also flying skydivers in here, the pilot and co-pilot bought some old cars and stuffed them to the aircraft when going back... Dad was looking their loading at the airport and said it was quite wild sight to see them loading quite small AC with cars... :D