Author Topic: "early war vs ubberville...."  (Read 1788 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: "early war vs ubberville...."
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2004, 01:28:11 PM »
Originally posted by gatt
Just to let you know that humble has sarcasm mode ON ....  the G.55 is a late 1942, early 1943, ride. Much better than the gun pods armed G-6 and with a lot more ammo, but still a 42-43 a/c. Great mid-war high altitude buff interceptor. Oh yeah, I'm in the 2nd group  :)

Gatt...

Certainly not an expert on all the WW2 planes...simply recall it as the best "late war" (for Italinas anyway:)) option they had. From all accounts its a plane that would be competitive in the MA....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Meyer

• Copper Member
Re: Re: "early war vs ubberville...."
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2004, 02:13:46 PM »
Originally posted by gatt
Just to let you know that humble has sarcasm mode ON ....  the G.55 is a late 1942, early 1943, ride. Much better than the gun pods armed G-6 and with a lot more ammo, but still a 42-43 a/c. Great mid-war high altitude buff interceptor. Oh yeah, I'm in the 2nd group  :)

Hi gatt, AFAIK the G.55 did enter in service in september of 1943.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
"early war vs ubberville...."
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2004, 08:15:22 PM »
From what I recall it's a serious T&Ber with a 385mph top end and 3 x 20mm + 2x12.7mm.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2004, 10:19:55 AM »
And lo did Hitech createth the CT arena and it was empty...

I hated rps in warbirds, put up with it for a time (waiting on other promised developments) until I could no longer bear it.  RPS is/was always will be a failed experiement in Warbirds and a non-starter in AH.  Let's be serious here - you think you heard a fuss over ENY?  That is nothing but a mild whisper compared to what RPS would unleash.

For the record I fly early war more often in the MA these days than not.  I like downing the later model "uber" planes in them.  - (and If I can do it, recovering from a stroke and 5-bypass heart surgery, surelly anyone else can.)  I also like sometimes flying other things too when I get bored - that of course is what MA is for.

Indeed, the place for what you guys want has already been provided to you and has been there a very long time.  I'd say go use it and try to get others to go with you.  Thinking of restructuring the MA though, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Offline HoHun

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2004, 11:57:23 AM »
Hi Zanth,

>And lo did Hitech createth the CT arena and it was empty...

Well, if it was created alongside a crowded MA, that's simply a critical mass problem. The real test will be to take the MA offline and set up an arena that's identical to the MA in every respect except for the RPS, and then observe how many hours the players actually spend online. Repeat a few times to wear off the novelty, and then you have a valid test :-)

(AOL AW consisted of a crowded ETO arena and an empty PTO arena. Did that mean players couldn't stand planes like the F6F, F4U, Ki-84 or N1K1? Certainly not - every player who was logging on simply went where the crowd already was.)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2004, 01:42:20 PM »
A view on the CT.
I think it just needs more aircraft, and those are gradually coming.
I actually stay away mostly in the late-war scenarios, and in, mostly in the early ones.
Many players I know enter the late-war ones just to be able to fight in perk-planes without great penalty.

The BoB is usually well attended, but for anything earlier than that, AH has hardly no aircraft yet....
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)