Author Topic: Um....guys..........sorry for blowing up today............  (Read 1783 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Um....guys..........sorry for blowing up today............
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2000, 03:51:00 AM »
So.. Dinger.. he downed 3 of you using only 20 rounds?

AKDejaVu

Offline SC-GreyBeard

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/oneshot/main.htm
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2000, 06:33:00 AM »
Not true AKDejaVu,
It is true ya whupped me good,,,,
But it wasn't enough, me and my HAWG will still be up there trying to knock em down.  

------------------
GreyBeard, Squadron Leader
Commander, "E" Flight, Aces High
Senior Staff Council
"The Skeleton Crew"
"Fly with Honor"[/i]
"Keepin' the Faith"

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2000, 11:43:00 AM »
I originally wasn't going to respond to Wabbit (mainly because his custom sounds are awesome, and I still want to be able to get them!)  Wabbit they are great and add alot to the sim.

But Wabbit you are right on some things and way off base on others...First we did go high, but we leveled at 31k.  Yes that is high, I was flight lead, I chose the alt.  Is it "historically accurate"..no, but then again, I'm not dying at my desk everynight either.  If it is capable of being done, it will happen in this game (or sim, if anyone thinks they are a purist, which nobody really is)  I fly how and why I want, and I will never make excuses for it, period.  

1 buff did not take out your dar.  It took me 3 runs dropping 2 eggs each run, and JimBear 2 runs to take down the dar.  By that time I was at 25k and we had loitered over the target a long time.

I, too, get frustrated chasing high buffs.  Is it right or wrong, I have my views, but I won't preach them to anyone.  So lately, I've taken the 38 up to catch them...it seems to work.  (And yes, Wabbit, there are plenty of 30k+ Knights Forts dropping eggs on rooks and bish's so I have many chances to chase them).  The soapbox on this issue cannot be occuppied by anyone from anyside.

I actually look forward to the introduction of bombsight error.  My hope is that it will make for a more immersive experience by requiring more coordinated raids and defences.

As for the respect you mention....The only respect I desire is from my family, my friends, my peers (co-workers and my staff) and in here, my squadmates.  I don't know you Wabbit (but your sounds are awesome, please keep them coming) and you sure as hell don't know me, so I will not be so presumptious as to judge you.  But I will say this, since I've found AH, I've really liked what it has, and the community that is being built.  

Also, if you want to make verbal attacks, keep your finger off the squelch button to listen to the reply.  If it is appropiate, please listen, if it follows some of the exchanges lately, then most definately squelch.  I will agree with you there.  But GreyBeard's reply post to you was respectful.

Wow, this is the first time, and (hopefully) the last time that I rant like this.  

Cobra

[This message has been edited by Cobra (edited 04-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Cobra (edited 04-02-2000).]

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2000, 12:57:00 PM »
OK, DJ had to slap me around abit for "conduct unbecoming.." and I've had a day to cool off.

Being able to bomb with laser guided accuracy from extreme alt is a bug.  Theres just no two ways about it.  But thats not your problem.  You can only fly the model HTC provides you.  Next time, instead of getting pissed, I'll just hop over to the TA and duel for a while til the DAR comes back up.

Bug or exploitation is no excuse for poor sportsmanship.  Please accept my humble apology for my rudeness.

Regards,
Wab

[This message has been edited by AKWabbit (edited 04-02-2000).]
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2000, 02:57:00 PM »

It is true ya whupped me good,,,,
But it wasn't enough, me and my HAWG will still be up there trying to knock em down.

Hehehe.  I really wish I had a recording of this one.  I can't really say it was any kind of ACM marvel, but it did have one thing that was extraordinary...

I'm not a particularly good gunner.... especially on deflection shots where you have to lead the enemy.  I have miles and miles of film where I have a beautiful shot and start out shooting behind the enemy.

In this particular case, You had a tad bit of e and were coming across my nose.  I rolled to match your path but knew I'd only get about 1/4 second of firing time.  I swear that not a single bullet missed your plane.  It was one of the most beautiful snapshots I've ever had  Sorry you had to be the recipient

So.. like I said in the arena at the time... <Salute!> bud... hope to get the chance to match that feat again some day

AKDejaVu

Offline SC-GreyBeard

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/oneshot/main.htm
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2000, 05:09:00 PM »
Arrghhhhhh  the salt, the salt....

Sure rub it in  

thats ok,,, have yer fun now.... one of these days yer gonna be wondering why that B-17 yer chasing just slowed a bit, and why ya lost yer wing at 1.5k  

or:
every Hawg has it's day  

Salute Bro  

------------------
GreyBeard, Squadron Leader
Commander, "E" Flight, Aces High
Senior Staff Council
"The Skeleton Crew"
"Fly with Honor"[/i]
"Keepin' the Faith"

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2000, 10:36:00 AM »
I only got 2 things to say:

1)Cobra again sorry about that chute thing.

2)When I caught up to you guys again I was at 32k and was still below you.

------------------
Mighty1
The New Baby Harp Seals

"Come try to club THIS Seal"
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2000, 12:57:00 PM »
Mighty1:

1.) Hey np...also I would have stayed with it if I had any ammo or gas left.

2.) We probably wandered up that high during some of the manuevering, but it was not my intention at all to be over 31k...Yes I know,  before anyone says it, that's still in the stratosphere.

Also, not one of our bombers survived that raid, so the fighters did get up there and shoot them down.

Also as far as I'm concerned the opponents that got us, Mighty1 and AKWabbit, in particular, are 2 of the reasons why I like this community... <S>!

Cobra