Author Topic: Pot, it's not just for bored oil workers  (Read 1522 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Pot, it's not just for bored oil workers
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2004, 04:03:46 PM »
Originally posted by Gyro/T69
"ahem... been around a while, and back in my stoner days I never heard of a nickle, dime... whatever."

Could be an east coast, west coast thing. We didn't say things like rad and stoked much or other surfer type lingo. Or, you aint as old as you think. :)

Might be right about the East -West thing, on the other hand, I would be happy to post a pic or 2 of my grandaughter.

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2004, 04:05:01 PM »
the farther you  get from Northen California ..the higher the price

Canada was flooding us with (inexpensive) (relative term) indoor hydro weed..but since the border has been tightened the prices and amounts have increased-decreased

so...   $3,000 - $4,200 for a pound of Hi grade is average price out in Nor cali area

But like fruit..this plant has seasons..rigth now the market is flooded with all the outdoor harvest so prices are a bit lower..(but with a HUGE growth in indoor cultivation prices dont fluctuate too greatly)

every hundred miles past this is +$100 a lb. ( relativly)

hell back in 1990s  these guys from New york would come out here and would buy all day long..5K a .lb!!!!!

a nickel..dime

well nickel just means a 5$ dollar bag..dime  $10 bag...  sizes vary from city to city

it was a Gram   1/28 of an ounce would be 10$ making it a 280$ ounce..which would be an over $4k pound

more expensive then gold

really a shame hemp gets mixed up with weed...

what a strange time we live in now

Love
BiGB
xoxo

Offline Gyro/T69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2004, 04:08:09 PM »
Might be right about the East -West thing, on the other hand, I would be happy to post a pic or 2 of my grandaughter."

Let's try this, I began in 69. You?

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2004, 04:13:28 PM »
Oh the days of pot!

They are long gone for me, but once every  summer me and some m8's light "one" up with a box of red and remember the old days of care free living :)

how long til summer now?

Offline Gyro/T69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2004, 04:13:44 PM »
GreenCloud, OMG....I'm glad I quit. :0

storch

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2004, 04:15:39 PM »
Here in Miami during the mid 70's a 28 gram ounce of Columbian gold was $25.00  for that you received some world class two hit  x 45 minute buzzes, a joint lasted a full day of surfing and skateboarding per person.  The material was almost entirely golden yellow hence the name. It was beautiful and wonderous, no munchies no crashing.

Oaxacan or Jamaican could be had for about $20.00  after an hour you were raiding the 7-11s for peculiar culinary combinations with searing red eyes.  after gorging yourself it was time for a nap.

Never touched the cheap stuff very much.  I always had gold or red material on hand but far and away perferred the gold.

The best weed I ever smoked was supposedly grown in southern Brasil and was almost black/green in color sort of variagated.  Two hits would be delivering a very intense one hour buzz.  I was only able to run across it one time and kicked myself for not buying a key of it.

The weed available today seems to be genetically altered and while the effects are very intense I could not describe them as enjoyable so I don't smoke weed any more.  I haven't bought marijuana since the early 80s so I have no concept of the economic value but I suppose it must be in the hundreds of dollars per ounce.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2004, 04:21:48 PM »
lol and now all the potheads sit infront of a tube watching icons fly around and get truly upset if one of those little red dots move away :D

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2004, 04:23:42 PM »
Might be right about the East -West thing, on the other hand, I would be happy to post a pic or 2 of my grandaughter."

Let's try this, I began in 69. You?

You got me by 4 years... congrats.

The best I ever had was a baggie (free) a girl gave me when she returned from the growers festival (they really had one) up in Humboldt. She just tossed it to me at a party and said it was the winner at the festival. Holy ****! That's all, just HOLY ****!

Offline Gyro/T69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2004, 04:33:47 PM »
“You got me by 4 years... congrats."

Ahhh… Bragging rights, to what….I have no idea. :)

I should add, I was 15 at the time.

The best I ever had was a baggie (free) a girl gave me when she returned from the growers festival (they really had one) up in Humboldt. She just tossed it to me at a party and said it was the winner at the festival. Holy ****! That's all, just HOLY ****!”

My buddy's older brother was our pusher. No freebees, the dick :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 04:57:47 PM by Gyro/T69 »

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2004, 04:52:47 PM »
I may be a bit out of touch, but I always thought a "Lid" was an ounce. Dime and Nickle bags were "Dealers Choice" as to how much they contained. I defer to Willie Nelson and Tommy Chong for the true meanings.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Gyro/T69

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2004, 05:03:03 PM »
Seems we may have a time, location thing going on here rpm. No standard merchandising.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2004, 05:53:21 PM »
HOLEY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!  :eek: :eek:

Alaska already allows legal possession of small amounts of marijuana by adults, the most liberal policy among the 50 U.S. states, thanks to a 1975 state Supreme Court ruling.

After the 1975 ruling, the Legislature defined a "small amount" of marijuana as 4 ounces

4 ounces......That's not a small amount that's a nice party!

BGB how much is an OZ going for these days?  (ballpark)

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2004, 06:32:29 PM »
All laws prohibiting the use of drug by adults are 'stupid' (can't think of a better word)

Drugs come into (or are grown in) this country because people want them.   Yet the Government says 'NO' and acomplishes nothing but driving up the price.   I can never understand this....

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2004, 06:42:31 PM »
“HEMP! WTF. you'd have to smoke a field of that stuff to get a mild buzz...”

Experience? :)

I have a question for those in the know. What’s pot cost these days? When I was a doper it was $5 for a nickel bag, $10 for a dime, $15 for a lid and $20 for an ounce

my day it was
1$ a joint
$5 nickle bag
$10 a dime bag
$20-25 half ounce
$30 a lid
$40-45 per ounce
$110 1/4 lb

Now

$20 a gram

$45-50  1/8th  (according to local sources)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2004, 06:46:51 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
HOLEY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!  :eek: :eek:

4 ounces......That's not a small amount that's a nice party!

BGB how much is an OZ going for these days?  (ballpark)

Right now in Mendocino County green bud is going for as little as 1700.00 a pound, but basically you're looking at 2500-3k a pound. Ounces on the street sell for 200-250.

Here those with doctors' notes are allowed to posess up to two pounds, which puts just about everybody who grew their 25 plants over the poundage limit, but so far it's hard to get the DA to prosicute for anything less than ten pounds of manicured bud.