Author Topic: Is it possible to change the private BB password?  (Read 949 times)

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Is it possible to change the private BB password?
« on: April 17, 2000, 11:57:00 AM »

As usual, the HTC e-mail server is down and I get an error message. How can I change our private BBS password?

Regards,
GATT
4°Stormo Caccia
"F.Baracca"
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2000, 12:19:00 PM »
You would need to be an administrator or moderator to do that. One of the HTC crew will need to do it for you at this time.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2000, 07:36:00 AM »
Uh, the HTC email server is not down and has never been down.

What type of error are you getting?  (The email header would be helpful, and/or the entire error you got back).

NOTE:  Due to the excessive hacker attacks here in the US, we have been really working hard to close down "open relay servers" that access the email server here.

We never intend for ligitimate email to be blocked, but it does happen from time to time.

If you cannot get your email here, please post the error and email header.  I need that information in order to find out why, or if, the server you are using is being blocked by our incoming SPAM block.

This has been forced by hackers using open relay servers to crash SMTP servers all over the Internet since the beginning of this year.  

------------------
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
President, AppLink Corp.
http://www.applink.net
skuzzy@applink.net
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2000, 12:13:00 PM »

Ok Skuzzy,
my e-mail finally went through. Do you think we'll be able to change Forum's passwords?
Regards,
GATT
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2000, 12:59:00 PM »

Originally posted by gatt:

Ok Skuzzy,
my e-mail finally went through. Do you think we'll be able to change Forum's passwords?
Regards,
GATT

I still would like to know what type of error you got.  The HTC email server has never been down, and I am concerned when I hear anyone not being to get email through.

If you still have the original error that was returned, I would very much to get my hands on it.

As far as the BB goes, Pyro is who needs to answer this question.

------------------
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
President, AppLink Corp.
skuzzy@applink.net
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2000, 01:07:00 PM »
Gatt-

I have run UBBS for a couple of years- what I told you is correct. Only moderators or administrators can change forum passwords.

Right now you have to e-mail Pyro, sending him the new password. He will make the change for you.

If this is what you meant by "Do you think we'll be able to change Forum's passwords?", then ignore me!

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2000, 01:30:00 PM »
Here we are Skuzzy, this one of them:

Reporting-MTA: dns; fep24-svc.tin.it
Arrival-Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 19:02:12 +0200
Received-From-MTA: dns; f (212.216.23.250)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; <info@hitechcreations.com>
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; imail.applink.net (206.149.40.1)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Denied Access

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 04-18-2000).]

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2000, 02:32:00 PM »

I have to say: the feedback of HTC is simply outstanding. THX PYRO for your help and kindness.

GATT
4^Stormo CT

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2000, 06:35:00 AM »

Originally posted by gatt:
Here we are Skuzzy, this one of them:

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 04-18-2000).]

Corrected.  Should be okay now.

------------------
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
President, AppLink Corp.
skuzzy@applink.net
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese