Author Topic: Regurge, P47 Training Needed!  (Read 830 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Regurge, P47 Training Needed!
« on: December 02, 2000, 05:20:00 PM »
that bloke (See title) shot me like if I was a newborn baby... 2 of us engaged him with advantage on the 1st Engagement, and we were both dead in 1 minute  

2nd Time, 1st pass, we both Flip with a little Angle, I try to keep it a low G climb, but I see him comming back at me ASAP ! Bang bang... "smokey Saw"!.

This is against a lot of thigs I have learned to do in a P47 ... Turn Briskly. Yet, it seemed to have proven worthy twice in a row here...

That's some nice control regurge, mind giving a little lesson in TA ?

------------------
MASS/SAW
Click here for VMF-323 Death Rattlers info

"It's supposed to be hard; that's what makes it great!"
Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

"hey, Im a tard, got bent, sorry."(Creamo, out of context)

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 12-02-2000).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Regurge

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2000, 06:38:00 PM »
Aww shucks you're too kind.

In that 2v1 i was following you into a loop, which also happened to be a good evasive against the p51. I knew I had a few seconds to stay with you so i took a fired a few bursts. Then I looked around for the p51 and saw him streaking wingless towards the ground. I never even pinged him  

Here's what I was doing:

Assume i'm at an E-disadvantage and the con is closing on my high 6.

I use a shallow dive so that by the time the enemy is in firing range, i have enough speed (preferably 300+) to start a high speed scissors or barrel roll and force the overshoot. I also watch his moves to see whether he intends to stay on me or blow past.

When i see him about 100yds behind me i know that because of net lag he will see our planes as about even (where he cant shoot me). So, i point my lift vector toward him (roll till he is on my high 6) and pull back hard. If i think he intends to extend and zoom, I might start the turn when he's about 200yds or more behind me.

If i do it right, i end up about 300yds off his 6 with a shot opportunity. Of course he is rapidly extending away, but i still have a few seconds to line up a shot.

Usually this scares the con enough that he starts turning, which is what i really want. Which ever way he goes i cut the corner and get a nice tracking shot.

The trick to making the jug turn is to keep it fast. Every plane turns well near its corner velocity. Pretty often ill use a nose low (low yo-yo i guess) to really crank it around. I dump a big chunk of E doing so, but it usually pays off by putting the other guy on the defensive.

email me and we can set up a time to meet in the TA.

Offline Regurge

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2000, 06:39:00 PM »
doh

[This message has been edited by Regurge (edited 12-02-2000).]

Offline Regurge

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2000, 06:43:00 PM »
triple post, yikes!

[This message has been edited by Regurge (edited 12-02-2000).]

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2000, 07:51:00 AM »
Nice work Regurge.

Just a note Saw.  It's not that the Jug can't turn, it's just that it can't sustain a hard turn for long, especially at low speed.  In a high speed situation the Jug can turn, you just have to have the E to burn.  I can't tell you how many times I've been accused of "hacking" because I killed a pony driver that didn't manage his E well.  Even in a tight E fight, if you use lag pursuit and conserver your E using lower G's and vertical moves, you can get enough extra E to turn at least 90 degrees harder than folks think you can.

One of the things I love about the Jug is that people underestimate it.    Muahahaha.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2000, 09:54:00 AM »
 All I can add is to roll, roll, roll and roll some more      You can "out turn" many aircraft if all you roll into them  

-Westy

Kwijibo

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2000, 05:35:00 PM »
that p51 was me  

Offline Regurge

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2000, 10:55:00 PM »
Kwijibo: a big dumb bald ape

right?  

Kwijibo

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2000, 02:24:00 PM »
thats me   sometimes I think a monkey could fly better than me too.