Author Topic: Title:"My new X52...or how to waste $130.00"  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Balsy

• Nickel Member
Title:"My new X52...or how to waste $130.00"
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2004, 09:38:16 AM »
Maj Woody,

The old FF from MS isnt recognized by Windows XP... Kind of ironic, that their hardware isnt recognized when you upgrade their software to XP...seems a little shady.. but then again it IS Microsoft.

Anyway only the FF2 is recognized by XP.

Balsy

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2004, 10:08:14 AM »
Thx for the info Balsy.
I guess I'm  S O L on it then.
I used to have a MSPP stick that worked on XP but
I'm sure I had a patch to run it. Now I think all of M S stick
support is gone.
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2004, 01:18:34 PM »
Originally posted by Zoldamite
70 bucks for that? i have that stick and only pay 39 for it at bestbuy and then buy the 2 year warranty for the 4 joystick replacement

You don't buy THAT joystick at BestBuy for $39.95. BestBuy has only the Saitek Cyborg Evo, and NOT the Saitek Cyborg Evo Force. The Force version is $69.95 retail, but not sold in any stores I've found around home, especially not BestBuy, where I bought the Evo I trashed the other night.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline WOZ30BAT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2004, 02:41:48 PM »
Some of you guys sound like you know how to fix joysticks. I have a MSFF2 & just last week  my Left rudder won't work. Twisting right still works the Right rudder.  When I twist left, I just hear clicking...Any ideas if it is fixable?
IN Game: Sidious

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2004, 03:29:10 PM »
That sounds worse than my problem WOZ...I think there are motors in the stick. Sounds like ya power shifted too often :)

I wouldnt have a clue how to get into it...the view fiasco I had, with taking just the handle apart and putting back together was enough!

~AoM~

Offline JB35

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2004, 05:51:31 PM »
when i first bought me a MSFFB2 I twisted it so hard it broke , and when I took it apart their is a little tab sticking out on the main shaft up out of the body , and the handle affixes to this and their is a spring which brings it back to center.

Now what I found is that one of the slots that the Tab goes into broke around the housing and usein super glue didnt work bacause after awhile it just came loose again , but if you use modle glue the red kind not the blue kind might fix it if that what is wrong .

If you by chance happen to take it apart and try to put it back together use a tooth pick to wedge into the side of the #3 and #4 buttons so the pad with the buttons will go into place more easily .

If you dont want to mess with it let me know and i  would be more than happy to possibly buy your old MSFFB2 stick from you to replace the parts in mine :) if you want .

Other than that good luck in trying to fix it and hope it works out for you

Offline DYGCaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2004, 06:47:03 PM »
I never had the Force Feedback, I loved the non FF Sidewinder 2's though...Moved onto a Logitech Wingman...it's okay but total crap compared to the SW2's.  My hat switch also went out...might pull it out later and see if i can fix it :)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2004, 06:58:33 PM »
Bad news is the that the micro switches in the POV of the x52 are the same as the x45...........

so unless you go buy track IR............. they will be the first to go.........
Ludere Vincere

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2004, 09:02:43 PM »
If I ever decide to get rid of my Cougar, I will break my MS Sidewinder PP2 out and use it again.  That was the best joystick I have ever used.  HOTAS is great, but only for flight sims.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2004, 07:12:31 PM »
Wrong thread

eskimo
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 07:56:29 PM by eskimo2 »

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2004, 07:32:50 PM »
Can't say I've been disappointed with my cougar. Best 300 bucks I ever spent considering I have yet to need a replacement in roughly 2 years. Had an issue with a potentiometer and before my replacement, which was free of charge, arrived I had cleaned the faulty one and it began working just fine.

That's my favorite part about it, easy maintenance. That, and I have the geek bragging rights of a joystick with it's own programming language. :)

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2004, 09:30:44 PM »
Much as I enjoyed the MS Sidewinder2, nothing beats my CH sticks.  My old Flightstick Pro is going on 5 1/2 years of ACTIVE service, I've owned it for 8 years.  I've had to replace one pot, and thats it.  While the button placement isnt the most ergonomic, and it could use a few more of them, I have never used a more solid, reliable stick.  The only other thing I need to do to it is clean it, button 2 and the hat switch are sticking a little.  I can swab around the edges with some rubbing alcohol on a Q-Tip and relieve the problem temporarily, but I really need to take it apart and clean all of them properly.  I can honestly say I look forward to at least 3-4 more years of active service before anything wears out enough that I would consider replacement, and I have spare parts stockpiled already from CH for just such an emergency.  I also have a spare stick I bought for 19 bucks.  I'm looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 years from now before I even have to worry about upgrading to USB lol.