Author Topic: Goon too slow? Get rid of excess wing space!  (Read 375 times)

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Goon too slow? Get rid of excess wing space!
« on: November 03, 2004, 02:19:25 PM »
Ok, so I'm running the goon for the first time since the new patch went in...  I am flying level at about 200mph, I go over the town, pull up on the stick, I hear *crack* *CRACK* *BOOM* *BOOM*!

And then I see two wingtips falling to the ground... but the troops make it out.   Needless to say they didn't take, which I'm going to write another post about, but I thought everyone would get a kick out of the fact that you can fly a goon rather well that looks like this:

Even managed to evade a la7 like this, until WMSpin came along in his trusty Yak and ruined my good time  :D

Probably not as good as Guppy's posts, but I was laughing the whole way.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 02:21:33 PM by Howitzer »

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 02:42:54 PM »
I saved your but with the La7..and I think there was an m8 with no tracers on killing the troops.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 03:09:12 PM »
Much more streamlined that way :)

Gonna have to try it

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 03:38:30 PM »
Howi, How can you be a pilot for Wings of Terror if your going to go around and fly with no wings. :D  Ohh I just remebered you haven't earned your wings yet...LOL  :p
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 03:43:47 PM »
Wings seem to come off easier in this version.  Took up a B-24, B-17, and Lanc off line just to horse around in external view and see how fragile they are.  As they supposedly were, that high Davis wing seems to come fairly easily on the B-24, the B-17 is tough to break, and the Lanc seems somewhere in between.

Not surprised if the C-47 outer panels are more fragile.  Hope all the airframes are more realistic.  Might discourage some of the heavy bomber dive bombing.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 03:54:18 PM »
I think the best one is where its coming at you.  I mean after you rip the wings off... who cares how fast you go in it, cus there isn't that much more to lose =)  

Look how cleanly they break off though.. could you imagine what this would be like in real life?  :rofl

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 05:08:22 PM »
Originally posted by Halo
Wings seem to come off easier in this version.  Took up a B-24, B-17, and Lanc off line just to horse around in external view and see how fragile they are.  As they supposedly were, that high Davis wing seems to come fairly easily on the B-24, the B-17 is tough to break, and the Lanc seems somewhere in between.

Not surprised if the C-47 outer panels are more fragile.  Hope all the airframes are more realistic.  Might discourage some of the heavy bomber dive bombing.

LMAO  the morons who dive bomb buffs dont give a dman about ripping the wings off, infact, they generally auger on purpose so they can come back in a stupidly fast plane and vulch the field they just plastered.

i was on a CV tonight and no less than 6 buffs came in and suicide dive bombed it in the space of 10 minutes. obviously i had a field day in the 5 inch guns, but its the priciple.....blah...yaddayadd a......
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.